Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red X during setup/installation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I’ve had my Versa for one week and out of the 6 connected GPS walks I’ve tried to do - 3 of them have disconnected mid-walk (the exercise app shuts down and it goes back to the main screen). I’ve sent an email to Fitbit support but in the meantime I’ve tried factory resetting my Versa and reinstalling everything from scratch (“forgot” the Versa from my iPhone 7’s Bluetooth settings, removed the Versa from my Fitbit app, deleted the app and reinstalled it). 

When I go to set up the Versa again, everything goes fine until the app reaches 99% of the update downloaded and then switches to “installing” - then my Versa shows the red X, then the screen comes on again with the multi-language “to start please download the Fitbit app”, then it goes black and resets itself then the screen comes again and the blue progress bar starts again until it gets to green and then the setup is “successful” (according to my app) and the Versa is on. 

I’m just curious if the red X during setup is normal? (I’ve never paid that close attention to any of my previous Fitbit’s during setup before). Or is this part of the reason why perhaps my exercise app isn’t working properly - because it’s not a perfectly clean install. And yes - my Versa was literally right on top of my wifi router during the download so it has nothing to do with a weak wifi signal.  I’ve tried a clean install twice this morning and this happened both times. Thoughts???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RatedE , it's great to see you around!

Thank you for the detailed explanation about the issue you're experiencing with tracking your connected GPS walks. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern regarding the red X showing on your Versa during the setup process. The red X means that your device's firmware is being updated and the display should change to the clock face after the update is completed.  

Thank you for letting me know that you've been in touch with our Support team. You're in good hands now! Please keep working with them as they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RatedE , it's great to see you around!

Thank you for the detailed explanation about the issue you're experiencing with tracking your connected GPS walks. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern regarding the red X showing on your Versa during the setup process. The red X means that your device's firmware is being updated and the display should change to the clock face after the update is completed.  

Thank you for letting me know that you've been in touch with our Support team. You're in good hands now! Please keep working with them as they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Great to know - thx!!

Best Answer

@RatedE thank you for your reply!

I appreciate your time and feedback. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same scenario where while installing Red X comes over the Versa but it does show that update failed and same is happening again and again. Can you please guide what to do next ?

Best Answer

Fitbit was not able to help me. With so many of us having the same problems you would think they would they would have a fix. This is very frustrating to pay for a product you cannot get support. Basically, we have to try and figure it out with these forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes