Ability to Delete Groups

Can there be an option to delete a community group you've started? We made one to pilot a program and now it's irrelevant. If you choose to delete it, it would send an email to everyone in the group notifying them of the change. They could "Accept" it or "Request to Keep" and it would send an email to the group administrator.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

54 Comments
dalj
First Steps

The ability to remove a group is definately needed. Maybe just the option to leave a group and if there are no more members it get deleted automatically?

laripmeester
Jogger

I'm looking for a way to delete groups and a way to delete persons in the group who misbehave and a way to leave groups I created and hand over the group to another person.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your request, we will be sure to pass it along to our team for consideration.

wwleader
Jogger

Agree! Very annoying that we can't chose to leave or delete a group that we created!

Donna_G
First Steps

Leave group sounds like a navigation function. Please change it to Remove group or add a pop-up that states "Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group." It makes it very embarrassing to have to go to the admin to ask to be added back for private groups.

Spisis27
Jogger

I created a duplicate/pilot activity group, and there is still no feature for the admin to delete groups. Please create this feature so that I dont have to see these duplicate groups all the time. Thanks!

LedMatrix
Progression Runner

This is definitely  needed! Vote Up!

--kevin--
Stepping Up

Vote Up.

SeeUFit
First Steps

Yes, please create this feature.  I want to create groups for educational purposes, but once the course is over I want the option to delete it.

CBHK
Jogger
Please can we have the ability to delete groups.
AndrewB_Mel
Recovery Runner
Yes. It is a pretty poor effort on Fitbit's part. It is like a car with no off switch.... "just drive it to a spot where you cannot see it or hear it... problem solved!"
CrewE
First Steps

I agree. It would be most useful to have the ability to delete a group. At the least, a warning should be displayed that explains that a group cannot be deleted. I am new to the site and fitbit. I created a group just to see how things work and found myself stuck with it. Seems like fitbit could save storage space by no longer keeping information for groups no longer used or simply unwanted.

lyd54321
First Steps
I'm desperate to be able to block a person from a community > activity group. He claims to do 500,000 steps per day and it's messing with all the stats of the group. It allowed me to delete him but he just rejoins daily.
john10251
Stepping Up

YES, the ability to delete groups is definitely  needed!

heatherh919
First Steps

I agree!  I also made a test group and I want to delete it, but cannot. Seems like a basic functionality that is not included already and I'm surprised its not possible!

john10251
Stepping Up
I agree...
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I started a group and got NO responses. I would like to delete it, yet there is no option to delete.  If I am the only member, and I started it, I should be able to delete it.  Please make this an option. Seems people have been complaining about this forever.  Time to make us able to delete a group if we are the only one in it!!

3 years and no response at all.  Goodbye FitBit

john10251
Stepping Up
I agree, If I am the only member, and I started it, I should be able to
delete it. Please make this an option. Seems people have been complaining
about this forever. Time to make us able to delete a group if we are the
only one in it.
pjmpena2012
First Steps

Seems like we will jsut have to keep on complaining. when oyu comment here, though, also go vote it up beside the original complaint. That's so basic, I'm suprised and very disappointed...It could make online college fitness classes so much easier for the students and instructor, and would make it even more interactive. 

john10251
Stepping Up
I agree...
raptorsan4375
Base Runner

Why has this not been resolved?  I was messing around and created a group.  I want to delete it.  It's messing with my OCD seing this useless group.  it's 1s and 0s.  Add a delete button for the creator jeesh.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why do so many people have to ask for this?  This is a common sense thing. If you personally start and group and NO ONE joins, you should be allowed to just delete it.  I can see if there are members that you might not want someone to delete a group, but I have no one interested in my group and I should be able to delete it!  Please, someone who understands, just make this option available!!

john10251
Stepping Up
I agree please get it done FitBit crew...
Angela_HR
First Steps

I added a group and thought I wanted it to be public invite only then changed my mind so I hit the back button and now I have 2 user groups same name two seperate privacy ratings.  If you can't delete maybe a notice stating you cannot delete or a preview of what you have created at least.

Cal1
Recovery Runner
I agree leaving the group is highly needed!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.