Ability to customize the stats/apps on Inspire series

There are several functions that I do not need or want and there is currently no way to turn them off. I would normally just ignore them but my FitBit has this annoying habit of just randomly switching to something it thinks I want, when I have done nothing. It's as bad as driving a car and when you stop at a light, the car decides you want to park so it opens the door for you. I want to control my screen, what it shows, and when it shows it. Currently I can do none of this.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

367 Comments
whitspaulding
First Steps

In previous fitbits, I had been able to adjust what I saw on my clock screen and could get rid of things that didn't matter to me (stairs, for example). But there isn't a way to do that on the Inspire HR. For people with disordered eating issues who still want to be healthy, it's hard having your weight and calories burned coming up on your watch. I also have chronic illnesses that make it hard for me to engage in the same fitness as non chronically ill people. For that reason I have my app and online dashboard set to include HR, steps, water, sleep, minutes active, and exercise. But everything else is either irrelevant or not healthy for me to look at. I'd like to be able to get rid of my weight and calories burned on my clock face like in previous fitbits so I can focus on my personal health goals.

Moderator edit: title

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@whitspaulding Thank you for sharing your idea about having the option to modify the information shown on the display of the Fitbit Inspire HR.

Let's see what other Community members think of this request.

A.user
First Steps

I wish that tracking/displaying calorie information were optional, instead of a default selection that can’t be changed. My nutritionist encourages me not to count calories, and advises me not to feel like a lot of physical activity allows me to “reward” myself by snacking. On the Inspire HR, I can’t change what tiles display (according to a chat with Fitbit support). I’d like to have more power to adjust the display.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi  @A.user, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

BobGeo
Recovery Runner

Yes, a customizable stat screen would be a useful feature. The Inspire HR is my first Fitbit and that was one of the first things I hoped for but didn't find.

Ladybug2015
Jogger

On my previous Alta I could select what info i could receive when i tapped my fitbit.  I can't change this now on my Inspire.  I would like this option back.  I liked only being able to see steps and battery life.  Thanks.

JaneenMarie
Jogger

I bought my Inspire HR yesterday, and I am returning it today solely for this reason.  I do not want to continually swipe just to get to the only three screens I want on my wrist (steps, miles, & clock), as I can see these on my app.  I will stick with my Alta HR until something more user friendly is introduced. And I voted.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ladybug2015 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @whitspaulding, thanks for adding this idea. I think that having more settings for stat display on Fitbit Inspire HR would be a great option for a lot of users. Let's see what others think about this.

smwisc
First Steps

I completely agree - it's a pain to swipe through things I don't care about - I can check them on the app if I want. I find it frustrating that the moderators are saying "oh yes, maybe that is a good idea, let's see what users think", as if it's a new idea, when it was an option on previous models!  I could do this on my Alta HR, why can't I do it on the (allegedly new and improved) Inspire HR?  Taking features away from users is a terrible business model, especially when there's basically no way to know in advance what features have been taken away.

PateJC
First Steps

I really want to see the ability to customize what you swipe through. Everyone has different health priorities, and we should be able to customize the Inspire to help us meet our diverse goals. As many have said, this feature was available on previous devices, so it seems like a step backwards to not have the feature on newer devices. 

Also, eleven swipes is just a lot of swipes! And that's not even counting the "apps." 

Mrobby
First Steps

Yes! I have no interest in some of the stats. I would love to be able to opt out of some or at least choose the order they show up in. I got this so I could watch my heart rate but there is no way to keep that on the home screen. If I select that stat, it appears under the time for awhile but always reverts back to steps or active minutes.

nmc-ma
Walker

I agree - think there are multiple suggestion streams regarding the ability to customize the menu, display, etc.    Can do this on other models, not sure why the Inspire HR lacks the feature.   As with other posters, I have no desire to see (or have to scroll through) so many menu items.

Ky415
First Steps

I definitely agree. There are 11 stats shown on the screen—11! That’s far too many for me. I want to see maybe 3-5 of those. I’d love it if they would provide an update so we can limit the number of stats we see. I don’t know why it isn’t already an option when they have other trackers that allow it. 

Jenn0708
First Steps

I was really excited to get my fitbit but after discovering that I can't turn off the calorie and weight stats on my device I am having second thoughts. As someone who also had disordered eating patterns it doesn't only lack use but is also unhealthy. It would be great if you could make it more accessible. 

gemmak500
Recovery Runner

I agree completely. I previously had an Alta which had this feature and scrolling through item which I don’t use is frustrating. How is this an upgrade? Please update the software to include the option to customise ASAP!

sarah654
Recovery Runner

Can you make it possible to prioritise the sequence of the daily statistics.  I'm keen to know how near my hourly 250 steps i am, and have no interest in how many calories I've burnt, but hourly steps come last.

thanks

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@sarah654 Thanks for your suggestion to change the sequence of stats on the Fitbit Inspire.

We'll see what other Community members think about this idea.

SykeIsRight
Stepping Up

I agree with this as well. There are certain stats that I don't care about at all, or only care about in the app. It would be nice to be able to remove some clutter, or at least reorder them. 

BobGeo
Recovery Runner

If giving users the ability to custom-select what's on the stat screen is difficult or impossible to build into the Inspire HR, could Fitbit just provide more options. I'd do without the calorie counter and make the remaining stats larger (steps, heart rate and distance.). Others posting here have shared their preferences. It would seem easy enough to poll for most desired combinations and build those displays.  

Gin184
First Steps

Please make it so we can remove things like weight and water intake on our screens! It is annoying to scroll through features I don’t want. Is it possible to change any of these? 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @AStevenson! Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion, it will be handy to turn off the functions the we don't use. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having this available on the Inspire. 🤖

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Could you give an eexample rather than a comparison to a car @AStevenson?

Is there stats that are on the Inspire that you don't want to see? I only ask because my inspire doesn't go into park when I want to see the time.

KimleyM
First Steps

I too would like to turn off various functions. I just got the Fitbit Inspire after having an Alta for three years and am surprised that I don't see any way to remove various stats from showing up on the device. On my Alta I was able to set it so the only things I saw were the clock, my steps and the battery charge. Several things I'm just not interested in like water intake and calories and other things I prefer to just check in the app (like sleep, days reaching exercise goals etc.) rather than have to go through them on my Fitbit device. With the Inspire I now have to toggle through the clock, my steps, calories, time exercised, miles, steps per hour, number of days reaching exercise goals, time slept, water intake, pounds and then if I want to get back to, for example, my steps, I have to scroll back through all those things that I'm not interested in. I just got my Inspire so maybe I'm missing the settings for this?

Psalm46
First Steps

Agreed  Please, please allow us to remove those stats we aren't interested in taking from the watch display  Thank you. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.