Able to change Fitbit app language based on user setting/preference

It would be really great if it were possible to have the app in a different language from the phone-- I'm generally very interested in languages, and as such, occasionally change the language of my iphone because it helps with learning. However, considering the nature of the FitBit app, the vocabularly is fitness focused and not something that I'm necessarily trying to deal with in a new language right  away. I would love the option to change the language within the app so that I can better understand my fitness goals and stats without having to also change my phone language back to English, and I've heard others voice similar concerns.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

54 Comments
CesarGon
Jogger
You can select the country you’re in and that sets the associated language on your tracker. But there’s no way to set a language that is different for the “standard” one in your country. I’m an English speaker living in Spain. When I select Spain, it sets the language to Spanish. If I want to see it in English, I must select a fake country.
Guy_
Space Racer

HI @CesarGon - in the Fitbit App the time zone defines where you are, the location defines the language, it is a bit odd - the option should probably be called language.

It is more properly defined in the web dashboard - there you have Country and Language by Region/Country defined separately and can be different.

CesarGon
Jogger

Thank you!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CesarGon, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to set the language of your Fitbit device on the Fitbit app with us. There is a similar product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.