Able to customize snooze duration for alarms on Charge series

Hi,

The official charge 3 manual tells us:

"To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, tap the ZZZ icon"

9 Minutes is way to long for me, and may be possibly too short for other users. That's why this value should be adjustable by the user. Possible values could be: 1 min / 5 min / 10 min in settings. This would be great.

Kind regards
Brian

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about the adjustable snooze alarm.

Raneia
Jogger

Hello,

I just came here to suggest the exact same feature. For me, the 9 minutes is a lot too short. On my mobile, I can set the snooze time to whatever value I want. I usully use 20 minutes which is a good rhythm for me and gives me time to wake up slowly after first alarm.

I would appreciate it a lot, if we could set a custom snooze time on the Charge3. Although I love the alarm feature in general and find it a lot more convenient as on the mobile I am already thinking about turning off the alarms again and using the mobile instead. Just because the 9 minutes interferes too much with my waking up rhythms and leaves me starting the day tired and worn out.

So thanks for this suggestion. I supported of course.
Raneia

gtg947h
Strider

Hard coding to 9 minutes and only 9 minutes is stupid.  It should be user-adjustable. 

MarkWest
Jogger

It would be nice to adjust an own snooze time Or disabling it, i.e. By setting it to „0“.

@Brian66 wrote:

Hi,

The official charge 3 manual tells us:

"To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, tap the ZZZ icon"

9 Minutes is way to long for me, and may be possibly too short for other users. That's why this value should be adjustable by the user. Possible values could be: 1 min / 5 min / 10 min in settings. This would be great.

Kind regards
Brian

FreshJonesy
First Steps

Agreed, this should be an adjustable feature. If i'm using it as a sleep alarm, I'd want to use 10 or 15 minutes. If it's an alarm for an activity, I'd want to use 5 minutes. 9 minutes seems to have been an odd number to settle on.

alex_seashells
First Steps

I would love this setting. The 9 minutes needs to be adjustable, it's to long for me.

brigids
Jogger

I too would like to be able to adjust the snooze time. 9 minutes is too long, and also upsets me as it is not a round number. I am one of those who likes to see a round number eg: 05:25. 05:30 etc when starting a task or getting out of bed.  05:24 is just irritating.

Possible times coudl be 5 mins, 15 mins, or shorter durations such as 2 mins etc.

emmapietersen
First Steps

Completely agree with this. That would be good if we could set a custom snooze time on the Charge 3 for the next software update. I felt 9 minutes is way too long though. 

I am profoundly Deaf and I’m so surprised that the vibration actually woken me up in the morning. No need to carry very bulky alarm clock for travelling. Fitbit is so incredible amazing watch. Can’t wait to see the custom snooze update soon! Hopefully not too long ;). 

Carli9653
First Steps
The snooze length for the alarm is 9 minutes (I believe). Can this be customizable, either in the fitbit app or on the device itself? Maybe in intervals of 1, 5, or 10 minutes?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Carli9653, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit snooze time on Fitbit Charge 4 alarms. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Jay_Fit
Jogger

This seems like a huge oversight to me. 

The silent alarm is a great feature, it needs to have some dedicated settings. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why isn’t this a thing yet? I’d love to have an adjustable alarm. It should be user specified, too,  Not just a list of preset times. Bonus points for the company if you give us the ability to set different times in stages! I’d likea longer first snooze and a shorter second snooze! 

sa.kat
First Steps

I just started using a Charge 4 and I for me 9 min are too long. I love the Vibration Alarm as it avoids stressing my husband but i have  4-5min snooze habit.

why are both apple and Fitbit believing that exactly 9 minutes are perfect for everyone.

McEddie
First Steps

I would very much appreciate the ability to adjust the snooze timing ... in very rare circumstances 9 minutes is okay; however, 15, 20, and 30 are times that I use regularly. 

TEvashkevich
Base Runner

How is this still a thing in 2023...

Not being able to customize the snooze length is just a bit silly is should be a pretty easy thing to roll out, even to select models if it was a "model" based issue...

Oldchub_juls
First Steps

Charge 4 Snooze Alarm Upgrade

I am requesting for an upgrade that will allow a user to enter their own snooze time same as we can set an alarm. Please create this feature. 9 seconds is not ideal for every situation. 

BiancaO23
First Steps

Would  be lovely if we could amend the snooze time. In my case 9 mins is not enough time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.