Able to edit swim data e.g. lengths

I use a Versa and like the length feature when swimming, however most times the Versa misses some lengths; in order to enable me to track how many lengths I am actually swimming please can you make the number of lengths editable? Currently you can edit Start, Finish

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

msherer123
Jogger

The Charge 3 doesn't always accurately record number of pool lengths during swimming. "Edit Exercise Details" should allow the ability to record the correct number of lengths swum. I swim 1,000 yards, but the Charge 3 often records it as 850 or 950, so my stats are off.

BFO2
Jogger

I have exactly the same issue with my Charge 3.  I swim a 1000 yards and often end up with 850 recorded.  We should be able to edit the swim details to correct this.  If not, we cannot accurately track our history which defeats the purpose of the watch.  Granting the technological challenges of detecting turns, we should at least be able to correct the data.  Otherwise, the swim option is really not very useful.  

harrison_
First Steps

It Is frustrating that you can't edit the number of lengths in the swim recorded on your Fitbit. Currently, you CAN edit the distance, but surprisingly this does not update the number of lengths in the swim, even though the length of the pool is known.
I am sure that many swimmers are like me, and think of their swim in terms of lengths instead of meters swam, and so it is important in tracking how you swim habit is progressing. 
The problem occurs because sometime the watch does not accurately count the lengths (I find especially after a pause). For example today it counted the first 40 lengths perfectly, and then counted my next 10 lengths as only 3!

shmartyn
Jogger

I use a Versa to track swimming in a 20 yard pool.  I have it set to vibrate every 4 lengths but it consistently misses the first length and vibrates after completing length 5.  From there it is accurately tracking every 4 lengths.  At the end of my half-mile swim (44 lengths) it has recorded 43 lengths.  Also, it more often than not indicates that I was swimming backstroke rather than freestyle.  I could deal with these annoyances if I could at least edit the workout in the app by correcting the number of lengths swam and the stroke.  Of course, the best case would be if it were accurate in the first place but I know there are always going to be issues.

GraceGFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @shmartynthanks for taking the time to share this idea with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Let's keep an eye on what other users think about it.

blubearr
First Steps

The distance / lap tracking on Fitbit is notoriously poor compared to other dedicated smart watches. I practice a minimum of 300m with a kickboard per swim. Fitbit tracks this as 0 meters swam. I know without dedicated GPS built into the device, tracking swims without using arm movement is difficult. This could be easily remedied by allowing users to go in and edit the number of meters swam so that I can accurately track how long I swam and how many calories I burned during that swim. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @blubearr, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding swim tracking with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

GBiowa
First Steps

I wish there was an option to manually log swim laps when logging a swim. My Fitbit Flex 2 tracks swim laps veeery inaccurately (not a huge concern, many trackers struggle with this, especially considering different strokes, kicking only, etc.) but when going to the app and pulling up the automatically tracked exercise in order to manually edit it, it will never let me enter the correct laps, only a distance (always in miles, despite searching around in the settings) which I then have to convert to meters, and usually not very accurately since it only allows miles and only to one decimal point. I've read similar suggestions and questions involving the swim features and tried updating, deleting and re-downloading, and changing the setting of the app, including pool length. I just wish there was an option to manually log/edit swim laps or log/edit the distance swam in the users preferred measure of distance.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GBiowa, this is a great idea, thanks for sharing! I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

EMG_UK
Jogger

I have similar issues to those described.  My charge 3 is reasonably accurate but seems to miss a couple of lengths each time, although the total elapsed time is correct.  If I could edit the recorded swim to reflect the current number of lengths/meters, that would be very helpful.   When will we know if Fitbit is going to do anything about this?

Karina510
First Steps

Legs only workouts are critical to training.  Prefer to track all lengths using fitbit, but meanwhile editing the laps is the minimum workaround.

Strat
Recovery Runner

Please allow editing of swimming lap counts.  The App allows you to edit distance, but not the lap count.  Since the fitbit device that I wear doesn't count the laps correctly at times, it would be nice to let the user edit the lap count.

I also would recommend adding yards as distance edit unit - currently it's meters or miles only.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Strat, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to edit swimming lengths. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

SallyB2020
First Steps

The option to edit number of lengths/distance would indeed be very useful. I'm not a great swimmer which may make it harder for the device to estimate the number of lengths accurately. Today I swam 20 and it counted 56. So it is really frustrating not being able to edit this.

PHSHOE
First Steps

Hi community,

It’s a real shame to see that this issue was raised over two years ago and it still exists.

I swim in the open sea and the suggested distance is just hilarious.. please Fitbit fix this 

lolom20
First Steps
It would be nice to be able to edit the laps in swim mode when a workout is automatically recorded, particularly when kicking or doing drills
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lolom20. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to edit your swim data with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

flipdaddy
First Steps

The app is not letting me edit distance, either, that I can see.  Please let us fix the swim info.

Kirideth
First Steps

Being able to at least edit the number of lengths would be so helpful, so that I don't have to delete and manually re-record days when I do kick training. Or so that I can change the 1775 to 1800 on days that my charge 5 (and previously charge 3) miss a length. But also being able to edit the length of the pool would be good. Today it decided that the pool is only 13 yards long, when it's really 25, losing almost half my actual distance.

At least my smart goggles are more accurate so I don't have to rely entirely on the fitbit data.

Myke_4ever
First Steps
A 9meter swimming lenght would be great for people like us, who have a pool with a build in roller shutter and plage to sit on, where the rolled up roller is stored in the water.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I went swimming for the first time on my Fitbit.  I did try he water lock and it still does not work.  Can you help.?

Myke_4ever
First Steps
Hello, I have a fitbit Sense so I don't have the waterlock on my watch, it doesn't have buttons to lock...
But you can find more information about the fitbit you have and how the waterlock works on

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598.htm

Hope that helps.

Nathalie
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Myke_4ever, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to set swims lengths on your Fitbit device. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.