Able to set multiple step goals

It would be great to be able to set mulpitple goals and get a buzz when you hit different steps 5k, 10k, and 15k!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

179 Comments
LoneHowler
Recovery Runner

What I would love to see is the ability to add a second and 3rd goal, or buzzes for significan't strides towars the main goal. It's so I can know without tapping my flex every half hour if I've met the halfway mark, or 3/4 of the way there.

Also it would be great for the weekends when I'm less active. I'd like to keep the 10,000 step goal without having to log into the computer to change the goal just for the weekend, and then have to change it back

jobot37
First Steps

I'd like to be able to have more than one active goal at a time.  Like 10k steps AND 25 floors climbed, and get the vibrating, flashin reward dialogue when I achieve either of them.

Mhawk
First Steps

I would like to have a scanning feature for foods that are not on the list.

Looking forward to next generation of Fitbit, I would love to have the same vibration feature for all goals being met, not only the &quot;main goal.&quot;<br><br>Additionally, I would love to be able to set multiple goals (or goal as an alarm.) For instance, when starting a run, set a specific goal for 30 active minutes, 5 miles, etc. so my Fitbit will let me know once I've hit my goal for that particular activity.
Ade
Powerwalker
I would also like to have multiple goal alarms, so that after I meet my minimum step goal I can keep going and when I hit my second step goal I get another alert.
sjary
Recovery Runner

I'm sure most Fitbit wristband users enjoy the buzz as they hit their Steps target but why does the buzzing have to end there?

If my target is 10,000 steps, why not buzz again at 20,000? Or let users set it so that buzzes halfway through targets and beyond – rather like a clock strking the half hour.

And there should be buzzes when you hit the other targets (floors climbed, active minutes, calories) – but not sleep, right?

So my plea – which is surely not a big deal on the programming front – is for users to have more control over their buzzing.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I would also like to set multiple items as goals... Not just steps... But when I hit steps, calories. Etc..
HaraldS
Jogger

This seems like an oversight. Not being able to set multiple goals is rather important.

Most people have multiple goals that would be nice to be able to track. As one user posted having a daily minimum and several others that would be nice to achieve.  This also points to having goals for week days (work) versus weekend that are uaually higher since more time available for exercise.

mrssmith1321
Recovery Runner
We are able to set various daily goals and I love being able to track my water intake and set a daily goal. Wish you could also set up custom goals such as fiber intake or cups of veggies/fruit. You could manually enter in the data throughout the day like you do with the water goal but an upgrade later would be to pull in fiber etc from the foods entered on your calorie intake area of the dashboard. I think this would be extremely helpful, especially for those looking to add more of X to enhance their healthy diet.

Thank you.
GaryTX
Pace Setter

You can sort of do this now with the browser based dashboard. On the Log tab, there's a link at the upper right part of the screen for "Add custom tracker" which then gives you a popup box with some setup questions:

What do you want to track (and it offers suggestions like "e.g. cigarettes, pushups, beers, drank alcohol, smoked, exercised, etc")

Unit:

Unit plural form:

and Type: (with only two options: number and yes/no)

This is pretty rudimentary but I like the fact that it's there for tracking things that are important to you. Obviously this is a long way from doing things like extracting the amount of sodium, for instance, from your food diary, but it's a start.

mrssmith1321
Recovery Runner
GaryTX thank you! However I logged into my dashboard on my computer, went into the log area and cannot find the custom tracker area. Can you provide additional information? Should this be available for everyone or only the premium accounts?
GaryTX
Pace Setter

@mrssmith1321 It should be there for everyone; it is for me and I'm no Premium member. If you go to your web dashboard (not your phone app) and click on LOG, the "Add Customer Tracker" link will be showing at the top right of your screen. See screen cap below. It's well to the right of "Glucose" and above "Food Stats."

image.jpg

mrssmith1321
Recovery Runner

@GaryTX Thank you for the screenshot, very helpful. However, both my husband (Surge) and I (Charge HR) do not have that option on our dashboards. Please see my screenshot below. Was there a setting that you turned on to get that feature? It looks to be exactly what I need.

fitbit dashboard.jpg

mrssmith1321
Recovery Runner

@GaryTX I figured it out...seems only those who had a Fitbit prior to late Sept. 2014 have those features. 

"The following features are available only to customers who created a Fitbit account on or before September 28, 2014."

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/What-else-can-I-track-on-my-Fitbit-dashboard/

Thank you for your help! 

GaryTX
Pace Setter

Oh, so sorry. I didn't realize that that was a grandfathered feature. Seems it might be time for Fitbit to bring it back!

wgotsch
Keeping Pace
It would be great if the Surge buzzed as you progresses toward your daily goal. For example, if my goal is 10,000 steps I could set it to buzz everytime I walk 2,000. This could be customizable for steps or calories burned or miles. It is easy to look down and flip through the watch faces, but that buzz would make a great encourager.
wgotsch
Keeping Pace
It would be great if the Surge buzzed as you progresses toward your daily goal. For example, if my goal is 10,000 steps I could set it to buzz everytime I walk 2,000. This could be customizable for steps or calories burned or miles. It is easy to look down and flip through the watch faces, but that buzz would make a great encourager.
Afuller1479
First Steps
i love when my fit bit rewards me when I hit 5000 steps. I would like to have more rewards please. I think it would be awesome if it would vibrate every 5000 steps! More steps = more rewards 😄 currently averaging 13k!
wgotsch
Keeping Pace
I agree. I would like to be able to set my Surge to buzz me after a predetermined number of steps. Maybe the amount of steps could be an option with this feature.
kkovar88
First Steps

Agreed, I have my daily goal set at 15,000, but would love for it to buzz every 5,000 steps so I know where I'm at to my goal during the day. Maybe viberates once at 5,000, twice at 10,000, and so on.. And probably need to make the increments adjustable for people who want something different than increments of 5,000.

WalkingForLife
Recovery Runner
I would like the ability to set more than one goal. I like getting 10,000 steps very early in the day but would also like a second goal.
Andy-48875
Jogger

I am dying for this feature to be added! 

artworksmetal
Jogger

I'd like simply to have less step related notifications, but it appears I can only turn them on and off. For example, I'd like to get one at say 10,000, 15,000, and 20,000. But the Morale boosters as I call them (C'mon art, just 1,381 to go! ) are just an annoyance to me. 

It's not a big deal, I guess I could just turn them all off. But it seems like an easy tweak.

Thanks.

Marcia62
Recovery Runner

Hi, I was disappointed yesterday after I reached my goal of 10K steps.  The buzzer scared me but I realized that it was showing me that I made my goal.  What I thought would happen was the lights were go off and I would start over.  Instead, the lights remained on and I simply just feel that my fitbit flex isn't what I need.

I don't care for challenges, for me, the challenge is to see me light up my fitbit.  I don't have a smartphone nor do I have access to a computer when I'm out and about. 

I'm not ready to change my goal to 15K when I've been getting 1-2 days a week to 10K. 

I really would love to see my fitbit start all over once I reach 10K .. I mean, it buzzes so I know that I've reached my goal. 

I've actually loss my joy with it.

ltchook
First Steps

I also like the idea of multiple goals.  Like 10.000 steps for my standard goal, then 15,000 steps for my stretch goal and perhaps (as an example) 20,000 for my extreme goal.  I use a FitBit Charge HR and love the product.  Thanks for this measuring and motivational tool.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.