Able to set multiple step goals

It would be great to be able to set mulpitple goals and get a buzz when you hit different steps 5k, 10k, and 15k!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

179 Comments
melvynadam
Recovery Runner

This is exactly the feature I'm looking for!

I'm a new Fitbit user so I don't have this but would love to have it in my account. If it could be integrated into the app it would replace a separate app I'm currently using: "iKeep track of" by aozoramame Inc. (https://appsto.re/gb/4qJTu.i)

PLEASE add this feature for all users. Is there a market in people selling old Fitbit accounts that they no longer use?

mcbridekim
Jogger

I love to participate in Goal Day Challenges and I would like to be able to set different step goals for different days of the week, kind of like an alarm setting.

I realize I can change it manually every day, however sometimes the Goal doesn't get updated in the system before I accept a challenge and I often forget to change them, so I am either NEVER reaching the goal (which is discouraging) or I am blowing it AWAY (which defeats the purpose and others do not want me in their challenges).

Example:

M,W,F 15k These are my work and workout days, so I naturally hit higher and want to be able to strive for something bigger

T, TH 5k I am chained to a desk all day at my job and do not workout, so even that 5k is a challenge.

Sat and Sun 20k: I am usually WAY more active on the weekends and I blow away my weekday goal.

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum!

This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share them or vote for it, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Status changed to: New
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum! This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments.

KikiRoach
Jogger
Would be good to be able to set goals on a more granular level. Ie. Per day of the week. Goals depend on whether you're working, your location etc. This would be more life friendly.
ErinT
First Steps

Hey Fit Bit Team, It would be really helpful if we could have more than one set of goals. For example I walk soo much for work but on my off days not as much. I wish I could toggle between goals for work days and goals for my days off.

Thanks for Listening -Erin

venomuffin
First Steps

Hi fitbit

It would be great to be able to set other goals in addition to the ones currently on the menu. Specifically, since you track "active minutes" (or is this only for the Force?), I would like to set a goal based on that. 

See rationale here: 

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/the-right-dose-of-exercise-for-a-longer-life/

Also, is there a way for the users to build their own personal dashboard/widgets based on their own personal data?

tosagirl
Jogger

I would love to be able to have different goals for different days of the week without changing the entire week.  I try to hit 15,000 steps during the week, but only get around 6000 on Sunday.  Multiple goals would be great.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Say your goal is 10k steps per days, it would be good to get a notification say at 5k or every 2k steps? Also allow the user to change the interval (or even a %) or to simply alert when the goal is reached so the interal goals can be turned off.

Miss_Nermal
First Steps
I agree. Tho k it's a great motivator to know you are way 1/4 or 1/2 way through your daily goal. Please could developers consider adding this option? It may not be to everyone's taste but personally I get a "buzz" out of knowing I am so far through my goal. And think it would get me to pace my day as I want it to. I'm sure there are others out there too that would like to see this added.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! I work in retail. I would love to set my goals weekly based on the days and shifts I'm working rather than consistently being below my goal several days a week. 

braceface
Recovery Runner

Please add this Fitbit!  I am an on again, off again smoker (currently off and struggling).  Any motivation, like tracking this goal daily, would be amazing.

bbontheb
Jogger

I have mine set to 10k, and for the first time a week ago I made it also to 20K steps. I was so excited I assumed it would vibrate and buzz since it was another 10k steps but no 😞 Can't tell  you how disappointed I was. Would appreciate putting in separate goals for buzzing/vibrate option. I look forward to getting the hoorah on my wrist!

ltchook
First Steps
I concur with you on the desire to be able to set multiple goals on the
Fitbit. The good news is that this is a software enhancement and hence
possible to implement through a software upgrade. I know the Fitbit folks
are monitoring these messages and will consider this in future upgrades.

Great product as it is...perhaps better with a few enhancements.

--
Paul H. Smith
Cell 1-907-953-1948
TaSki
Jogger
Allow for setting step/distance goal alerts for increments. For example, it would be nice to receive an alert/alarm every time an additional 10k steps is reached instead of only once at 10k steps or every 5 miles instead of only once when 5 miles was reached. This would help with pacing and tracking performance. Especially if those makers were shown in the graphed data.
NasP
Jogger

Agree with Tosagirl and Danielle.  I am very active in the week but like to give myself a well deserved break on Sunday.  I don't want to feel like a failure on Sunday for being under when I am not really under my own personal goals.  Please let us set targets for individual days. 

cecemadden
Stepping Up

This would definitely be a plus for me!  To be able to set intervals that are useful to you or even 1/4, 1/2/, 3/4, Goal!  would be a great reminder to get up and keep moving!

eab16
Recovery Runner
I have a fitness program at work where we get points based on steps a day and other healthy behaviors. While I strive for a particular step count a day, we also get bonus points for going further. It would be nice if I could have a second goal. Since I have the flex and can't see progress past my daily goal it would be nice to have one for my minimum daily, say 10,000, and one for the bonus, 15,000 or 20,000, where it would buzz/notify me again if I hit the bonus step count.
eab16
Recovery Runner

I have a fitness program at work where we get points based on steps a day and other healthy behaviors. While I strive for a particular step count a day, we also get bonus points for going further. It would be nice if I could have a second goal. Since I have the flex and can't see progress past my daily goal it would be nice to have one for my minimum daily, say 10,000, and one for the bonus, 15,000 or 20,000, where it would buzz/notify me again if I hit the bonus step count.

eab16
Recovery Runner

Leesa124
Jogger

Is it possible to be notified when all your daily goals are met for the day, meaning an alert when each goal is met instead of having one alert when your main goal is met?

Leesa124

Opivali
Jogger
This is a nice idea, but I think we should be able to pick and choose which ones we want. An example would be check boxes in each area or on one page for each one we want an alert for. Also I would like to be able to pick if the alert shows on the Fitbit device, application or as text message or E-mail. That way if I want to conserve my Fitbit device's battery I can. I would prefer that this be set up within the application itself, but it could be under settings on the website.
eferragu
First Steps
IT would be great for me if we could set up several notifications for a same goal. I mean for example a notification for every 10000 steps we achieve in the same day. I think it would be very motivating.
latricia105
Jogger

Yes, please this would be a great addition. I received a notifcation at 11pm that I was only 1000 steps away from my goal. If I could have gotten the notifcation earlier I would have definintely increased my activities.

Original
Jogger

I'd love to either have an interim goal option or a multiple goal option.  I'd also love to be able to select multiple goals for notification.  Please???  Smiley Happy

Spoiler

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.