0 Votes

Add Cardio Dance or Dancing to exercise list

I wonder if Zumba could be classified as a step based activity. I have to remember to take by FitBit off so that it doesn't throw off my step count, and then hope that the other counter I use has an accurate calorie burn count. It would just be nice if I didn't have to mess around with diffrent apps and devices.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

111 Comments
JBell413
First Steps
I SO agree! Over 700 people have reached out. It’s time!

Sent from my iPhone
coatepsyd
First Steps

Please add dancing or aerobic dance to the list of exercise..... Also pickleball needs to be added

LeLe_De
First Steps

I've had a Fitbit since the first generation, back when I danced for theater. I always had to figure out how to manually input my activity which is hard because it's not exactly step based. But this forum has been around for five and a half years and technology has only gotten with time. Now that I've gotten a new Fitbit Watch, I would LOVE to be able to track my cardio dance, or any kind of dance activity. It seems if it is possible to track movements of kickboxing and martial arts, it should be possible to track the movement of dance? Looking forward to updated info on this pending consideration! 🙂

JBell413
First Steps
I don't understand the resistance to adding Zumba/Dance to the Fitbit options.I am on my third Fitbit device and would love to see this addition. We have to keep trying!

Sent from my iPad
Priyaaaa
First Steps

Please add a dance shortcut asap. Dancing is a regular exercise for many

Sibyline
Jogger

It has been 5 years now. Obviously dancing isn't just for women, but it is very popular with a lot of women and would provide a nice addition to the list of exercises available on the. Looking at the list of options on my tracker, I don't even know what "bootcamp" means in this context (could be anything from chess to military training to me), but loads of people dance!

Please add it soon, and I will do jazz hands for joy! 🕺

Lauregoclark
Recovery Runner

How has thid not been added yet? Its 2021!!! Golf is an option but there are SO MANY dance fitness classes. Firbit,  your tech men making these decisions? Listen to your customers. 

mewlou3
Jogger

i would really like to see this added as well! i have charge 2 and play just dance a fair bit its my second most exercise i do after walking and would rly like to have an accurate exercise tracker for dancing! pls add thiss

Amethyst4theWin
First Steps

Dancing is my favorite form of cardio exercise and I can dance for an hour or more straight. I try to walk every day and get my steps in, but I believe that dancing should an option to track, even if just for the sake of exercise.

JBell413
First Steps
Agree!

Sent from my iPhone
Cel2000
Jogger

Dance workouts are my main form of exercise so it’s frustrating not to be able to easily log these. 

NelliNile
Jogger

Dancing! Please please add it. It's my main form of exercise.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I would like to have dance added as a regignized exercise choice. As part of my exercise routine I do line dancing. It is fun, can be done with friends and helps balance, memory & coordination.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of adding "Dance" as a workout option on the Inspire 2. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

KRobards
First Steps

Please add Dance to exercise list 

olestokie
Recovery Runner
At least my new Versa 3 picks up 3 times as many steps during a dance than
either the versa 2 or the Alta HR.
dansngirl
First Steps
Please add Dance Fitness to your list of exercise options for the Versa 2.
I don't even have "aerobics" as an option.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dansngirl, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Dance Fitness as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Brenkis
First Steps
I exercise by dancing. Tried the walking, running, etc. Need dancing
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Brenkis, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding dancing as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

rigare11a
Recovery Runner

Dance workouts is almost essential, they are the most popular classes at my gym and are great cardio workouts. I have just ordered a luxe (moving away from apple watch) and have been checking out some of the features. I am really disappointed that dance workouts are not included. It has made me reconsider my order 😞 

Polonka
First Steps

I agree, voting to add Dance to Excercises, it will cover standard dancing, street dance, zumba, aerobics ... please, add it, thank you!

dcw601
Jogger

Yes, please. Dance is my primary form of exercise. 

ciarado
First Steps

I do various forms of dance classes, but also do exercise Workouts and would like to be able to differentiate between the two. If the reason for not adding Dance Shortcut to the APP, is due to the limitation of 20 shortcuts, I would suggest changing Treadmill shortcut to Dance, as Treadmill users can select Walk or Run.  Also, as all of us customers are taking our time to make these suggestions over 5 years, a more informative response as to the status of adding a dance shortcut i.e. what is the issue with adding it currently and the actual probability of it being added would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

coatepsyd
First Steps
Love that idea. I'm not sure why the iWatch can have 50 or so different
exercises and Fitbit can't do the same.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.