0 Votes

Add Cardio Dance or Dancing to exercise list

I wonder if Zumba could be classified as a step based activity. I have to remember to take by FitBit off so that it doesn't throw off my step count, and then hope that the other counter I use has an accurate calorie burn count. It would just be nice if I didn't have to mess around with diffrent apps and devices.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

111 Comments
123Cat
Jogger

Dance is my main exercise, please add it, it’s auto recognised as a run, I would much rather I could choose the correct activity, this was suggested about 5 years ago and is very popular for all ages, is there any chance if it being added soon?

RitaTap
First Steps

I would love to see a dance exercise option, too! I tap dance every day and have also noticed it does not register my steps correctly - it is always short, but that is minor compared to the fact that I cannot log my dance as an exercise. I have been manually logging it as a walk but that gets confusing on most days because I also take a long walk most days. Let’s hope we see a dance option in future updates!

Ellerice
First Steps

Please add dance as an exercise option. Apple watch has it. I can't believe golf 🙄 is an option as an exercise but dance is not. Or better yet, just give users the option to create their own custom workout names to select. This is important to me as I use this to track my activity for my cardiologist. 

kosmosEP
Base Runner

Please add dancing as a shortcut! I’ve lost so much weight just from dancing, and would love to able to select it as a shortcut. 

Insightspinner
First Steps

Another vote to add dance as an automatic and a selected option dancers or category includes many energetic and low energy types. Personally I do improv and freestyle for exercise but I'm also practice African dance, modern dance, Middle Eastern dance, ballet jazz and other forms semi-professionally on occasion.

Interestingly I'm also an African drummer and playing gym Bay give steps for every beat played with the Fitbit wearing hand. As African drumming works up a tremendous sweat and it's a tremendous workout I'll keep those steps, but it would be great to have more accuracy and description that is inclusive of the movement we're doing available. Maybe that's something the good folks at Google are working on?

Hazel_Cake
First Steps

Yes, please! I vote yes for this because that's where I get the most steps!

We should all have an option for sports/dance so we can keep track of how many steps/ exercise we get from that activity!

Jennyjem78
Jogger

Please add dancing as an exercise. There are so many Fitbit owners that love to do some type of dancing. Weather it be social dancing, belly dancing, ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap, zumba, salsa, line, ballroom, etc. I myself belly dance and social dance. So to have this added would be fantastic!

----------

Please add kayaking as an exercise activity. It's one of my favorite things to do in the summer and I do a lot if it. So I think it would be an important add.

olestokie
Recovery Runner
Requested this 5 years ago. Don't hold your breath waiting !
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the new Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4, and this exercise mode will be coming to more devices next year.

@Daversa7, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes - you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Anna-Panna
First Steps
I really would like to logg when I dance.
Now I just logg workout, but thats not the same 🙂
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Anna-Panna, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Dance' to exercise list. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.