Add Chromebook as a supported device

Is there any way to add Google Chrome books that run Chrome OS to the supported device list. My wife and I would be forever thankful! 

Moderator edit: added labels

224 Comments
BethMeyer
First Steps

My son has a Flex, I have a Force, and we enjoy challenging each other. However, one thing would really help his experience. He does not have a smartphone, and the Windows laptop he uses mainly stays at home - but he carries his Chromebook around with him for taking notes at school. He would be able to keep his stats much more up-to-date if there was a Chromebook version of Fitbit Connect. (In particular, he doesn't get the notifications that his device is running low on battery because he can't sync very often, and then if it does run out of battery he loses a lot more data than he would otherwise.)

dw14
Jogger

It's time folks, get on the chrome book train.

It's a bit shocking that you cool new tool is chained to the dino-era technology, get mobile please.

CinnamonT3
Jogger

I agree!  I have a chromebook at home and a macbook at work.  So, right now, when I go home I have to go boot up our desktop if I want to sync.  This is a big problem if my battery gets low and I forget to sync.  I've gone a full day without realizing my fitbit is dead.  Chromebooks are pretty widespread.  There should be software.  It doesn't need bluetooth capability, just the ability to sync with the dongle.

SandraM
First Steps

My PC laptop crashed, leaving me with only a Surface RT and a Chromebook--and a basically worthless FitBit One. This really sucks. As I cannot see tying up money having the PC laptop repaired at this time, I'm relegating the FitBit One to the junk drawer until you decide to broaden your access.

Michael
5K Racer

I think you can sync the Fitbit One with the Surface RT using the Fitbit application, and your Fitbit BT dongle. (It won't use the Surface RTs built-in BT.)

SandraM
First Steps

No, actually you can't. I"ve tried several times to no avail.

Status changed to: New
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator
SandraM
First Steps

I agree!!! Get on board, FitBit.

Shackamaxon
Base Runner

I am new to activity tracking and I love my Zip. It gives me the entry level information that I can use and understand.  I have a desktop computer and a Google Chromebook for when I am traveling.  I do not have an android device or an i-anything) of any type.  I find it hard to believe that Fitbit does not have a google sync available.  I can enter my food log and my activity tracker as a website on my Chromebook  when I am traveling. But I am unable to find a google app to sync with.  If I am traveling I have to rely on zip to hold my information or find a fellow traveler ( usually my daughter or my sister) who also have a regular laptop with which  they sync their trackers.  I would like to see a google app that I can use to sync with my Chromebook.

Mickey (Shackamaxon)

mjchicken
First Steps

I purchased a fitbit today and now realise that it doesn't work with my Chromebook 😞

PLEASE HELP...

mjchicken
First Steps

I purchased a fitbit today and now realise that it doesn't work with my Chromebook 😞

PLEASE HELP...

Gord
First Steps

I agree!  Please let me sync my chromebook with a fitbit.

Busybruce
Jogger

Please. We need Chomebook compatibility. Thanks! 🙂

ChromeNewbee
First Steps

Agreed. We purchased a Chromebook just so we could sync to Fitbit while travelling. What a disappointment that there isn't an app for that.

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

We appreciate the feedback. Thanks for posting!

EmmaSpade
Jogger

I was very excited to get a Flex but really wish it could sync to the Chromebook I use constantly! Smiley Sad

I'm in agreement with all the requests for a Chromebook app. This lack really detracts from the Fitbit's usability.

magnus98
First Steps

Yes, we need Chromebook support for the FitBit. Please make it happen. I'm willing to beta test.

cjdahl60
First Steps

Here's another vote for adding Chromebook support

Tortugatorben
First Steps

Chromebook uses the Chrome OS based on the Linux kernel.  While I don't use a chromebook, I myself, along with roughly 74 million others, use a OS based on the Linux kernel. That's a statistical estimate based on data from http://linuxcounter.net/main.html

Here is my information:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0

You can see that I use a version of Linux called Ubuntu with Firefox. I have bluetooth and much more capability, as I'm sure the Chromebook does. I would have bought the Fitbit Surge today if I knew it would work with my OS. Seeing the popularity of Google and Chromebook, I can only imagine the number of people using an OS based on the Linux kernel will increase exponentially. We would all appreciate it if you would consider making all Fitbit products compatable with our OS. Thanks!

WallyBR
First Steps

Here's another vote for bringing FItbit to Chrome OS. I got a Charge for Christmas & I want to pass my Flex on to one of my kids, but their computer is a Chromebook. If this option was available, I'd like to upgrade my wife's Flex to a Charge HR & pass hers onto our other daughter. 

Making this available will drive sales - I'm proof! Smiley Happy

Received a Fitbit Flex for Christmas and am disappointed that I cannot sync on my Chromebook. I don't have another personal laptop and don't want to use my work computer, so I'm limited to only syncing via iPhone.

Please consider supporting Chrome OS.

Charley03
First Steps

I got a Flex for Christmas and am very upset with not being able to activate it due to having a Chromebook laptop instead of a PC. My Android app works just fine, but will not let me go any further until I set it up on a computer. I just want to activate my device and sync it to my Android!!!!! Stop discriminating against Chromebook users! That or make it to where we can activate the device through the app like everyone else. If you are unwilling to do anything, I will have to exchange it for something else and I am tired of having to do that!

Charley03
First Steps

We need support for Chromebook!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of buying the gadgets of my dreams and having to return them because of them not being able to be used with my Chromebook. FitBit is missing out on the sales it would bring in!

onewi
First Steps
We need a Chrome extension. Basically an app for the Chrome browser.<br>
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.