Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Stephster
First Steps

Please add community groups to the app. It would be great to be able to track my workplace's Fitbit challenge standings via my mobile device. Thanks so much.

CHIC_HIKER
First Steps

Our company does monthly activity challenges within our custom FitBit community and it's a HUGE miss by FitBit to not be able to see custom community groups within the app. Very disappointed to have to go to the website to see progress and add comments to our community page. Please add this feature!!

MiChelly
Recovery Runner

I really love the new IOS app (2.36) and all the new features involved. But what would be really nice would be to see our own created/private groups in the app. I keep checking the Community section (Groups) to see if this feature is there, but I have not been able to. 

smaguerra
First Steps

I feel very strongly that this feature needs to be added as soon as possible. It is really kind of crazy that this request has been ongoing since 2015?!?! Not only do I feel that this would add immensely to my motivation, it is also a really great way to drive up sales. So, for example, if I wanted to start a group for work and there are 30 people at my job and 10 already have fitbit, the 20 that don't are more likely to purchase fitbit products than they are to purchase garmine or jawbone or other competitor brands if they have an incentive to join our group. Further, checking on the website is not anywhere near sufficient. This feature should be included ASAP in the app.

jmilbrath
Base Runner

I created a private group for the employees of our corporate office to motivate one another, however I was very disappointed to discover that the group is not visible through the mobile App, rather only through the Fitbit website. Many of us rely only upon the Fitbit mobile app on our phones, making motivating one another through the private group impossible. I want to roll the private group out to the employees of the entire company with an offer from the company to supplement 50% of the employee's device cost. PLEASE add this feature to the mobile app !!!!! I would estimate we would be ordering 100 new devices if this feature existed. Until it does exist, our company program will not move forward.

JonathanWestbro
First Steps

I agree we need this more than any other 'update' they will create. The community pages are nothing I am interested in and people I do not know. I wanted to create a group for my coworkers and challenge each other. Very disappointing

jmilbrath
Base Runner
I think about all we can do is get as many people as we can to go into
the community posts and vote for this feature to be added. The more
votes it gets the more likely it will be to get addressed.

Jeff M.
Rushx3
First Steps

It would be great to be able to see activity group on the fitbit app and not just on the web. In addition, it would be great to add friends to group by using their user ID and not having to get their email. It seems pointless to have a username if already be friends if you need their email to add them to anything. 

TonyC9248
Jogger

Being able to view our custom community groups on the iPhone seems like a pretty basic feature.  Otherwise, what's the point of a creating a custom activity group and promoting Fitbit?

TonyC9248
Jogger

This is pretty basic.  A fundamental omission that should be addressed.  Doesn't Fitbit understand how to make things viral and extend its reach?  I created a custom group but frankly, there's no point in rolling out to my 12,000 member organization and frustrate them as they search for the group in the ozone.  

DavidFrey
Recovery Runner

I concur with this. I purchased 4 fitbits for each of my family members. And after getting it on and going through the App I discovered that theres not way to set up a personal group on the app and see our results on a daily basis. Perhaps I'm missing something but it doesn't appear to be able to do that. This should be a basic function.

serenabee
Jogger

I also believe this functionality needs to be added ASAP. Currently Fitbit allows someone to EITHER 1) Join a public group on theIr mobile app and communicate seamlessly stats, trophy's, thoughts, even pictures for the hundreds if not thousands of strangers to see momentarily until someone posts 2 minutes after you OR 2) Create an Activity group on Fitbit.com website via desktop or phone browser. Then the only thing you can do is send a message and see stats, no shared trophy's no pics so basically no visuals. Again all while fumbling around trying to navigate on a mobile browser window.

They need to allow people to create and manage groups FROM THE APP!

lewisjl2001
First Steps

Please hurry and add the activity groups to the iPhone and Android apps. 

emmakaylyn
Jogger

@SilviaFitbit, please respond. We'd like to know if this is still a valid feature request, even though it says it's "reviewed".  Is this still active? Can it be re-activated??

We have almost 300 votes, it would be nice to hear from someone at Fitbit or a moderator....

MiMcAuliffe
First Steps

I love it

Softball888
First Steps

Ya I Really think there needs to be a place you can make your own group I have wanted to make a Zumba group

serenabee
Jogger

Apparently cross posting not ok, I had to edit this since I couldn't delete it. Good luck for us all on this issue!

jmilbrath
Base Runner

The inability to see private groups on the mobile app is prohibiting our company from launching a wellness program which would include Fitbit devices for all of our employees. Please add this feature as it will clearly help Fitbit to sell more devices.

serenabee
Jogger

Apparently cross posting not ok, I had to edit this since I couldn't delete it. Good luck for us all on this issue!

serenabee
Jogger

Apparently cross posting not ok, I had to edit this since I couldn't delete it. Good luck for us all on this issue!

erinwdesign
Recovery Runner

It baffled me to learn that the group Fitbit encouraged me to create was functionally useless. The fact that this has been an issue people have brought up for years that fitbit has labeled 'solved' just doubles down on how silly this all is. Please just make the groups work on the app already!

serenabee
Jogger

chicagobobbo
First Steps

The private groups need to be made available through the app. It is ridiculous I can't see my private group through the app.

serenabee
Jogger

These comments are so helpful as I share the general frustration! Please make sure you're also voting since fitbit doesn't seem to address low vote number issues. Thank you!

serenabee
Jogger

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.