Add Hebrew support to Sense and Versa Smartwatches

Please, add Hebrew support to Ionic. This is made for Charge 3 already. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

135 Comments
GalaiLamai
First Steps

It is high time Hebrew messages could be read on versa. 

Zzoollggaa
First Steps

Not supporting Hebrew is a deal breaker for me since 95% of my messages are in Hebrew but instead show as gibberish. On iPhone this is a non issue.

danielzs
First Steps

please support hebrew on the versa!!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Main shortfall of Fitbit vs the competition is the lack of language support. When will you release additional languages??

danielzs
First Steps

please support hebrew not. in the versa!!!please!!!!pleaseeeeee

EvgenyAgro
First Steps

It is simply unbelievable how long it takes to add one language support!!! I'm speaking as a software engineer myself, it's just an internationalization feature!! Come on guys, there was a request on 2015 to add hebrew support to your products, it's been 4 years since then!!!! Are you serious??? Where is your responsibility?? Your products are being actively sold in Israel without any support of the local language, it is impossible to use the notifications at all!! It is so unfair that you simply ignore the whole Israeli market!! And I'm pretty sure that you won't even bother to answer! I am really dissapointed!

EvgenyAgro
First Steps

It is simply unbelievable how long it takes to add one language support!!! I'm speaking as a Software Engineer myself, it's just an internationalization feature, it's really not a big deal!!

Come on guys, there was a request on 2015 to add hebrew support to your products, it's been 4 years since then and nothing changed!!! Are you serious?? Where is your responsibility?? Your products are being actively sold in Israel without any support of the local language, it is impossible to use the notifications feature at all!!

It is so unfair that you simply ignore the whole Israeli market!!

It is really dissapointing! Smiley Sad

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EvgenyAgro, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

danielzs
First Steps

evgenyagro is absolutely right!!!

ShaiBargil
Recovery Runner

@LuciaFitbitand Fitbit team,

You guys don't need to wait for community support for this feature. 

It has already approved and developed for Charge 3, so it's mandatory to keep supporting it in your latest, more advanced (and more expensive) devices and OS, especially when you have a formal re-seller in Israel where much of the notifications is done in Hebrew.

The minimum is to provide a release date to an update that supports Hebrew notifications.

Morya.A
First Steps

There are 8 and a half million people in Israel, and yet Fitbit does not support Hebrew- Israel's language. 

I am from Israel and I have Versa but except for checking the time, I'm not really using it since I can't read my messages from it and the steps counter is not reliable since it's adding steps when I'm just moving my hand... 

Please add Hebrew !

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Morya.A, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

KerenM
First Steps

@LuciaFitbit @MarcelBK  please support Hebrew on the verse, no need to wait for users votes! 

Dudi_ba
First Steps

Please add for IONIC

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Dear Sir,

Lack of Hebrew support for Versa Is a big problem for the Israeli FitBit community. Please resolve ASAP as this critical matter is open for years.

The minimum you can do is to provide a release dated for the Versa / Ionic fix.

Kind regards,

Barry Zalsman

SL0906
Stepping Up

Please add Hebrew support for Ionic. Really needed. בבקשה

yaron_chen
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Support,

There is a bed perception regarding Fitbit devices due to lack of multilingual support and more frustrating is your unwillingness to share your roadmap to support or not support Hebrew language.

Today it's a minimal feature and Fitbit is way beyond the industry. Per your publication, Charge 3 do support Hebrew lately, where is the challenge to provide it to IONIC as well?

The minimum is to provide your decision if you will support Hebew or not, Assuming YES, please provide even tentative release date, so we as your customer will be able to take a wise decision if we will wait or more to a better vendor that supporting Hebrew.
I hope i'll be able to get a full reply and positive one.
Thank you in advance, 

RoeiW
Jogger

Hi Fitbit,

As all great community members before me, I just bought my ionic for my 40th birthday!

I was very dissapointed to realize No hebrew notifications are available.

Please update if there was any development in that matter?

I also wish to emphasize, as Israel is very big market and community do Fitbit - it is not longer even a matter for checking before buying a smartwear, IT IS A MUST HAVE.

I trust we all appreciate any feedback on the issue.

Thank you,

Roei Weiss

Morya.A
First Steps
I agree
SL0906
Stepping Up

I would like to have a reply to whether this fix will be made by Fitbit or not. Can someone in Fitbit answer? It is a simple matter of letting all your Hebrew-speaking customers know. This thread has only 18 votes but there was an earlier thread from 2015 with 333 votes that was then closed when the Charge 3 came out with that support. I purchased recently a Versa Light, which was released AFTER the Charge 3, thinking it would come with Hebrew support for notifications and alas it didn’t. This is my third Fitbit device and I would continue buying Fitbit devices in the future, but I won’t if Hebrew support doesn’t get added to Versa and Ionic. I would appreciate an actual reply from Fitbit.

Morya.A
First Steps
Totally agree! their lack of replys to any of it is realy annoying.
Ignoring us, Hebrew speaker customers, is rude!
Ruthmoses
Recovery Runner

There is finally Hebrew in the Fitbit OS, which is great.

But.... it appears backwards. Hebrew should read from right to left, but all the notifications on my tracker appear reading from left to right.

It's great to see Hebrew rather than a bunch of question marks, but would it be possible, please, to fix the directionality?

Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ruthmoses, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

SL0906
Stepping Up

Ruthmoses did you get Hebrew in a Versa or Ionic? I still don’t have Hebrew in my Versa. Or do you have a Charge 3?

RoeiW
Jogger
Hi all,

I have ionic and now I also have Hebrew notifications.

Thank you Fitbit! (notice or reply here would have been nice though)

Thank you Ruth, for drawing out attention.

All, out of fitbit today - to the profile page and devices selection.
Select your device.
Than select notifications.
Go to the bottom and disable 'Enable Transliteration'.

Now we just need to wait for the direction correction.

Shabbat shalom!
Roei.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.