Add Les Mills workouts as shortcuts

I'd like to see w wider range of classes available to add on the Fitbit app - particularly Body Pump, Bosy Balance and the rest of the Les Mills range. These are available to add on others apps but I have decided to keep my Fitbit app and Mapmyfitness seperate as I ended up recording calries twice and they both monitor different things very well.

Thanks 🙂

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and added label

99 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your request! Many other users do Les Mills workouts and this could be a really good thing to add. I appreciate you taking the time to post your idea. 

Jaacs4
Jogger
Thanks for the response, I still do the classes and the amount of people in the gym with Fitbits who would benefit from this. Really hope this can be added. I now have a Blaze as well.
Woodlundy
Jogger

This thread started a year ago.. No Les Mills classes to logg yet. Is Fitbit not interested in listening to their users? Im happy with my Charge HR but next time I need to update to a new product I might change it to something that is updated with the things the users are asking for. 

Zo
Jogger

I agree, please can you re-think adding the Les Mills classes to the Fitbit app. These classes are conducted all over the UK and given Les Mills originates in Australia, they can't just be UK focused

Woodlundy
Jogger

I live in Sweden and there are Les Mills classes all over.

Kimberleyd87
First Steps
Hello please can you get les mills fitness classes loaded onto the Fitbit as I currently do cx works hiit and body combat all high intensity classes and the closest I can choose when tracking my exercise does not really compare to what is on offer
Thanks
Smudge51
First Steps
Body Attack and Body Pump use more calories than aerobics and weights can this be added?
Dschorah
First Steps
I just got myself a Blaze and think it's great but as I am a regular attendee of Les Mills classes I'd like to see their classes added as selectable workouts from the app. As a huge global provider of exercise classes, I think it would be welcome amongst the FitBit community.
Jimmygee
Jogger
I'm never quite sure whether my exercises are accurate when I'm doing BodyPump or Zumba. Would it be possible to add popular Les Mills and Zumba classes to the exercise feature on the app?
Mum_Working_Out
First Steps

Totally agree with everyone else, Fitbit. I've got a Charge HR, and do 8-10 Les Mills classes each week. I currently really struggle to log these accurately because there aren't any options. Surely it makes sense, given that Les Mills are a multi-national company who run a huge number of classes.

Jolanda1990
First Steps

I teach several Les Mills classes, so I'd love to be able to log them! The programs are taught in about 100 countries all around the world, so I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to see them added 🙂

Thanks!

JulieMayberry
Recovery Runner

So I have the Fitbit Alta, and didn't realise it did a "guesstimate" of the calories burnt (my bad) rather than actually reading my heart rate.  I also do the Les Mills classes, and although I am still overweight, I am fairly fit and put in a good effort in the classes.  So I did a comparison test with my heart monitor and Fitbits "guesstimates" of their idea of the calories I burn according to my age/weight/height etc.  Totally out of sync i'm afraid.  For example, if I do 40 minute Body Combat (obviously it doesn't count when we are doing abs and warm down) Fitbit calculates that I have burnt 239 calories in that 40 minutes, when in reality (with my heart rate anything up to 175 during the class) according to my heart monitor (which takes into account height/age/sex) I have burnt approx. 400 calories during those 40 minutes.  The same with RPM (spinning) class, your app says I have burnt  250 calories in a 50 minute class, but I actually burnt approx. 460.  Obviously with spinning I can understand the difficulty in assessing the calories burnt, as you don't know the individual persons strength resistance being used either, but 250 calories? Spinning isn't a nice pedal through the English countryside, it's the Tour de France normally LOL - or in my case, up mount Teide in Tenerife :D.  PLEASE ADD LES MILLS CLASSES - they are more realistic on the estimated calorie burn per class.
PS I have put fitbit on shoe for spinning, and it does count "steps" but thinks i'm on the eliptical trainer... not got a problem with that, I just edit on the app.  If I could edit the calorie count too that would be handy, as it's annoying knowing i've burnt at least a third more than the app thinks.
Looking forward to updates - this post was started last year.
Temporary
Recovery Runner
Body pump, rpm etc
Temporary
Recovery Runner
These aren't listed at the moment but are very popular.
KCMindy
First Steps

Les Mills classes are like no other, with their science based approach to exercise to maximize calorie burn, aerobic and anaerobic exercise to target fat burning, their should be a category for them. I take Body Pump and CX Works 2xs a week, with over a 1000 reps in 55 minutes in Body Pump alone, there should be a category that reflects the 500+ calorie burn from each session. According ro their website, there are millions of people world wide participating in these classes everyday!

MannyNZAU
First Steps

Would be great to accurately record Les Mills classes as they are world wide and millions of people attend them every day. Is this a licensing thing?? I know for a fact that tons of my members would be rushing out to buy Fitbits if they catered to LM classes. Maybe they'll have to buy Polar instead?

slk9193
Stepping Up

Please add more classes fir better accuracy in tracking calories burned.  Using generic item to track an exercise in the app isn't fair when trying to stay active and fit. Thank you!

csm21
First Steps

After so many requests please will you add Les Mills classes to the Fitbit logs, particularly body pump so users can get accurate readings. Thank you 

SamHarpoeth
First Steps

Hello,

The title says it all: I think it would be absolutely amazing to add Les Mills classes as exercise options. Les Mills is a massive, world wide training movement, and a lot of people attend these specific classes.

Personally for me, it would be absolutely amazing to get the classes as exercise options, so that I wouldn't have to use "Weights" for BodyPump and "Kickboxing" for BodyCombat (these are just examples).

And as far as I've been able to research, a lot of people are asking for this feature. It would be amazing to have. 

gritandbearit
Jogger

I'm brand new to Fitbit, and while I love that it tracks my steps (and is easier than carrying my iPhone around with me all day), I wish I was able to accurately track my classes. I take Les Mills GRIT 2-3 times a week, plus Les Mills BodyPump 1-2 times a week. WHen I wore my tracker to my GRIT Strength class this morning, I noticed it only calculated my steps, yet my intensity level was high. Looking at the community and suggestion boards, it looks like I'm not alone in my request. In fact, it looks like people have been requesting the inclusion of Les Mills classes on the tracker for at least 2 years. Why the wait?

Status changed to: Duplicate
RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for visiting the Forums!

I found some ideas that are similar to the activities suggested on your post:

Add Bodypump to activities

Zumba shortcut on Blaze

For future reference, please be sure to post one idea per feature suggestion, it makes managing the feature request board significantly easier for posting on the Feature Suggestion Board!

Thank you for your participation.

ShamateeM
Jogger

Provide some sort of integration for les mills instructors.

Like an option in the "track your fitness" and maybe something similar to the press play go app for iPhone since androids can't get it. 

Dutchgirl1979
First Steps

Dear fitbit, 

I can see that you have had this suggestion more than ones. But I can't see that you gave a reaction to them. 

I realy do miss the option to select le lessons from les Mills.

pump

Combat 

Attack

Could you please add these to the activiaty list? I would like to have more accurate results after class. 

Hope to hear from you. 

Grtz Nanda 

Sophie_92
First Steps

It would be great if the Les Mills classes were added as an exercise type to log in the mobile app e.g. Grit Cardio and Grit Strength so you know that you are getting the most accurate read possible on calories burned.

chatterboxkate
First Steps

Agreed with above! This would be so wonderful rather than logging BodyAttack with Circuit Training or BodyCombat with Cardio Kickboxing. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.