Add Les Mills workouts as shortcuts

I'd like to see w wider range of classes available to add on the Fitbit app - particularly Body Pump, Bosy Balance and the rest of the Les Mills range. These are available to add on others apps but I have decided to keep my Fitbit app and Mapmyfitness seperate as I ended up recording calries twice and they both monitor different things very well.

Thanks 🙂

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and added label

99 Comments
Klauw24
Jogger

Please add les mills body pump to the tracker!

claud_mariee
First Steps

I've seen this suggestion before so I'm a little surprised fitbit still hasn't acted on it. It would be great if we could track Les Mills classes such as bodypump, bodyattack, grit, etc. RPM is also a great one. The "spinning" option does not accurately track RPM. One hour of RPM should burn about 600-700 calories, and using the spinning option only comes out to about 379 calories.

slk9193
Stepping Up

We have been asking in this forum for years to have the Les Mills classes added and it is frustrating that they haven't done it.  Thousands of people take these classes.  In the interest of more accurate calories burned, etc., why wouldn't they add these classes.  Makes no sense to me.  It's FRUSTRATING!  Sorry for the rant....I love the FitBit products, but come on....add these classes!!!!!

Smudge51
First Steps
Totally agree. Fitbit records a Body Pump class as weights and only 250 calories when in reality it is nearer to 400.
Need to add these classes to the exercise section.

Sent from my iPhone
ShamateeM
Jogger
Amen to that!

One thing I realized is that Les Mills has a contract with Polar and Polar
offers all of the classes on their devices. Makes me think it is
exclusive.
Smudge51
First Steps
Maybe you are right.

Sent from my iPhone
Woodlundy
Jogger

Hi everyone! This thread started 2,5 years ago and nothing has happened. I do not like whining and Fitbit is not doing anything so  therefore I have bought a Polar M400 and their app "Polar Flow" have all the les Mills classes. If they had listened to their customers they wouldn't be loosing them. And also the wristband to the Charge HR2 is really bad. I have changed my watch three times in the last 1,5 years. Thank you and god bye!

cstace
First Steps

It would be great if the range of Les Mills classes (body balance, body pump, body combat etc) were added as an option for categorising your workout, at the moment I just have to classify as the nearest thing (for example, classing Body Balance as Pilates), so it would be good to have a dedicated option for the Les Mills workouts.  

Murfette910
Jogger

It would be great if these classes could be added. 

Natss1985
Stepping Up

Please could you add les mills workouts.  My calorie count for these activities in workout mode seems really low for the intensity of the classes

akosijepoy84
First Steps

Add all Les Mills classes please

ShamateeM
Jogger
Amen to that! I've been so close but since I spent more than $100 on this
watch I'm trying to justify buying another smart watch. Lol
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi  @Angel316 thanks for your suggestion.

I just wanted to share a quick update that whilst we don't have Les Mills workouts specifically, the newly released Fitbit Ionic tracks over 20 types of activities with real-time stats using Exercise mode, including biking, bootcamp, circuit training, elliptical, golfing, hiking, kickboxing, martial arts, Pilates, running,  spinning, stair climber, swimming, tennis, walking, weights, yoga, and a generic workout mode. These modes might be a better fit for your classes.

You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Renée1984
Jogger

Is it possible to add 2 activities in your system? Bodypump and XCO (both Les Mills lessons) are very populair in Holland. 

RalucaMircea
Jogger

Hello!

I totally agree. It would be excelent if you will add all of the Les Mills classes (especially Body Pump, Cx Works, C Core which are my favourites) and other classes as well (such as BOSU, Metabolic workout and TRX❤️) .

It is kind of frustating after I check my kcal burned and they show really low (even half) compared to the others participants (which are using for example Polar/Suunto watches) even if I work out the same (or even better😏) than they do😉.

Don't get me wrong, I am in love with my pink fitbit Blaze, but this kind of update would make it A M A Z I N G! 😍

Dutchgirl1979
First Steps
Amen!!!! 😉

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Dutchgirl1979
First Steps
Mayby that Will be my next one..... soon 😡

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Samster1972
First Steps

Hi I’m wanting to know why you can not select Lez mills body combat, Lez mills body pump, body attack, body balance, HIIT, grit strength or sprint as your exercise choices these are all popular current forms of exercise that’s are used in nearly every gym around the world? 

fitinbuffalo
First Steps

I appreciate the weekly updates, but I would like the ability to on periodic basis request a LIFETIME summary of steps, miles since day one. 

NZGal
Jogger

Fitbit seems to drastically underestimate calorie burn for Les Mills classes. I did an hour's pump this morning and it told me I used 222 calories - well under the gym's own claims. With RPM I hit 423. It also claimed I was only active for 20 minutes of my pump class.

On Tuesday I did a 45 min pump and an rpm class but Fitbit told me I was under my calorie burn for the day. Doesn't make much sense to me. 

Can anyone suggest how I categorise Pump? At the moment, I'm calling it Weights.

ShamateeM
Jogger
I'm an instructor and that is what I classify it as. I suspect they can't
do much because Polar is in partnership with Les Mills and you can select
the actual class on their watches.
NZGal
Jogger

Thanks ShamateeM - if that's the case, they should just be upfront about it and say they can't, I think.

Such a shame as their programmes are the bomb.

Jorichan
First Steps

Hello,

I'm new to Fitbit. I mainly take Les Mills courses. I'd love to have Attack, pump, combat in the exercise options. Would it be possible in the near future?

maasikas
Recovery Runner

Please add Les Mills / Bodypump to the activites asap
or provide an accurate explanation which category is the best to choose for each Les Mills class!
Right now I'm very disappointed that I bought an alta HR.

SannaW
First Steps

Really dissappointed to see that this request was posted three years ago and still, 2018, the Les Mills workouts are not available. Bought my Ionic yesterday and I’m thinking of returning it in favour of a Polar. 😥

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.