Add 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other devices

I just received my new Pixel watch and was disappointed to find out I could no longer use my Versa 3 watch as well. My Pixel watch has a battery life of 24 hours which is not sufficient to get me through a camping weekend. I thought I could switch between the 2. I would be willing to remove all apps from my Versa 3 to get that functionality.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

146 Comments
jhinrich
First Steps

Just got a new Pixel watch.  When setting up it said I'd have to disconnect my Fitbit from my account.  As mentioned by others alread, that's a non-starter.  Pixel watch is now off and sitting in a pile awaiting the day when I can swap the two seamlessly.  I have three Apple watches of various generations so when one runs down I just pop on the next.  I save the one with longest battery life for extended outings.  It just works.  I'd like to do the same with my Fitbit/Pixel watch.

czandor
Recovery Runner
Rizz67
First Steps

I cant add anything that hasn't been said. This needs to happen. 

ayaashpaw
Runner

Still waiting for a fix. Would love to use multiple fitbit devices for traveling, kickboxing and casually

statarb
First Steps

I have an old Versa 2 with decent battery life and a brand new Pixel watch which needs to be charged twice a day. Would be really nice if both could be working within one fitbit account as I like to swap them.

Please Google/Fitbit make this happen! There are plenty of loyal customers who would love this feature as they have multiple devices!

Respectfully,

Loyal customer with multiple devices.

PSChrisS
Jogger

This is preventing me from adding a Pixel watch to my collection. I would prefer both my Charge 5 with a Pixel watch.

ayaashpaw
Runner

@PSChrisS I love my pixel watch & charge 5 to bits, but would suggest wait for the 2nd Gen Pixel Watch for better battery / bigger screen etc. Right now i have to charge it 1-2 times a day depending on the usage. 

_les
First Steps

In my mind before getting this watch I said "i can use Fitbit for sleep tracking because pixel will be dead by then. I'll charge pixel at night." Then i find out what Fitbit and Google think of my dreams.

Julien_J
First Steps

Hi, it could be nice to be able to use my Google Pixel Watch and my Fitbit Charge 5 at different times of the day.

Pixel battery is not enough for sport, day to day usage and night. 

I would like all the stats to sync to one Fitbit Account, not separate for each.

ayaashpaw
Runner

@Julien_J Exactly my issue. Have both these devices. Stuck !

the1dynasty
First Steps

I decided to Google search the option to pair multiple trackers to FitBit after I've been using my Google Pixel Watch (PW) since it's release, I left my Charge 5 collecting dust but I wanted to have better tracking during sleep and I am becoming more active and didn't want to have anything missing since the Pixel Watch is okay as a fitness tracker. 

I knew it was an issue when the PW was released but surely I figured there would be a fix for it now. Sadly I see we still don't have this capability. 

So throw in my vote for this feature to be added. I'm not even sure why I have "Premium" anymore either. I feel like being stuck on the PW, I'm missing some metrics that I had before. 

jerseyswimmer
First Steps

I, like everyone else on this thread, am very disappointed to learn that I can't have two devices. The size and battery life of my Pixel Watch make it unsuitable for sleep, swimming, or other strenuous activities. I which Fitbit was more upfront about this limitation. I would have purchased a garmin to augment my pixel had I know about this limitation.  

PS-UNIT
First Steps

@jerseyswimmer As has been mentioned mutliple times, you can - at least I did with a Pixel Watch and a Charge 5: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-Pixel-watch-in-the-same-account-with-other-d...

jerseyswimmer
First Steps
I don't see a credible (supported or unsupported) option described
anywhere. Please explain how this can be done with a Charge 5.
WillBerry88
First Steps

@jerseyswimmer instructions can be found here HERE on Reddit 

brandy22287
Base Runner

I am very disappointed with the Pixel watch's battery life. My bf bought me a Pixel for Christmas, knowing that it was compatible with the Fitbit platform which we both enjoy using (or at least did up until they removed challenges). The Pixel has sleep tracking features, but I don't see myself ever getting to use those since the Pixel's battery does not last more than 24 hours. I obviously want to track my steps and activity during the day, which means charging the watch at night. I do still have my Fitbit Inspire, and it would be great if I could easily switch between the two.

robertpcontrera
First Steps

Please add this functionality. Due to the pixels poor battery I cannot use it all the time so would be nice to be able to seamlessly switch between both devices or even be able to wear both at the same time

GreysonWolf
First Steps

Same comment really. Just purchased a pixel watch and I want to be able to easily still use my charge 5 with the same account. The watch is to heavy to sleep and exercise with it, gets uncomfortable very quickly for me. I want to be able to use my charge 5 for workouts and tracking my sleep. If we can use both devices on the same account at the same time at the very least make it easy and quick to switch between the two. Switching to the watch is very quick and easy. Switching to the charge 5 is like seeing it up brand new every time which is VERY clunky and takes way too long. Please at the very least make a feature where the app can easily recognize a previously used device and switch quickly.

PS-UNIT
First Steps

Read the steps a few messages back. The fix has been posted multiple times.

jerseyswimmer
First Steps
DJAxeT
Recovery Runner

Personally I'm greatful for the workaround.

But the views on this post should make Fitbit and Google work on supporting this official.

Given it works, it seems odd that they don't get a solution and also there is nothing official about how this was a poor choice in the first place and when they will fix an obvious flaw!

TSDMaster72
First Steps

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous that you have to activate your other device on a second phone. Fitbit just needs to make it happen. And I am very disappointed with the battery life of the Pixel watch. It has great functionality. But being a little small and having a poor battery has me wanting to return it and maybe trying to use a Galaxy watch

WorksAsIntended
First Steps

I cannot imagine none came up with this feature when testing use cases, so I can only assume the product owner decided it is not worth the work of implementing it. 

Disappointed in that.

VooDooMaster
First Steps

Hi!

Ich have the same issues with the Google Pixel Watch and the Charge 5 - switched from Charge 2 which can be synced in parallel - that I can only connect one of them at a tome to the app/account :'-( That's something I did not expect!

With the short battery life of the Pixel watch and also the danger of breaking it, when doing hard manual work, I frequently (have to) change between the two and it's completely annoying, that I have to search and add the devices over and over again.

PLEASE ADD THIS FUCTIONALITY ASAP!

Many thanks in advance!

drolander
First Steps

I also want, and need, this feature, otherwise I will probably have to sell my pixel watch. It has a lovely display but the Fitbit functionality is not sufficient. As an AFib patient I relied on the AFib monitoring provided by my Charge 5. The watch doesn't support that feature. I want to be able to wear both so that I can use the Charge for my health monitoring and.the watch for everything else. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.