Add 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other devices

I just received my new Pixel watch and was disappointed to find out I could no longer use my Versa 3 watch as well. My Pixel watch has a battery life of 24 hours which is not sufficient to get me through a camping weekend. I thought I could switch between the 2. I would be willing to remove all apps from my Versa 3 to get that functionality.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

146 Comments
nevets23
First Steps
I was able to get my versa 3 and my Pixel Watch on the same account
using this method:

https://czandor.hu/projects/2022/12/17/use-any-fitbit-device-simultaneously-with-the-pixel-watch/
thebrickwall22
First Steps

After a lot of internal debate finally got the PW and will try the linked process. Fingers crossed it works. I'll update my post with the outcome.

No way I wear the Pixel Watch to the gym and what do you do when you need to charge? You either don't have a watch for part of the day (no functionality and no step counting) or you don't wear it at night (no sleep tracking). It's a no brainer to allow two watches on the same account. Should have been a feature from day 1. Plus it will sell more watches! Please please please add this functionality Fitbit!

fromstardust
First Steps

I'm unable to wear certain smart watches in my workplace, so being able to wear the Charge 5 during the day and then switch to my Pixel Watch in the evenings and weekends would be ideal!

Ankur284
First Steps

This is such a basic and critical feature for Fitbit suite of products including pixel watch for users to be able to use charge or versa and pixel watch on same account at different times. I don't understand why is not already a feature and needs "votes" for this to be real. Apple may just win coz of this

Jamesoles
First Steps
Please allow me to add both a watch and a band to my account
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jamesoles, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to connect a Fitbit device along with a Pixel Watch in the same account with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Beccie80z
First Steps

I would echo what everyone else is saying. I have to charge my pixel watch every night but I like the functionality of tracking my sleep. I would switch between my inspire 3 and pixel watch at night. Please make this functionality where we can link more than one device on our Fitbit account!

JonasMcguficus
First Steps

Well maybe it's my fault for not researching enough but I never imagined this to be an issue. I also charge my watch at night so I now lose out on sleep tracking as well while I have a perfectly good charge 4 collecting dust. Very frustrating there no way to easily switch between devices. Maybe it's time to leave this ecosystem.

thebrickwall22
First Steps
There's a link in this thread to instructions to make it work. It's not
officially supported but it works. I'm switching between a Pixel Watch and
a Charge 5.
brad_shuby
First Steps

This 100% I have an Inspire 3 and want to use it as a device for other efforts that a pixel watch doesn't have the battery for like longer hiking or camping trips.

markesos
First Steps
Right now a fitbit user can't use two devices using Fitbit Gallery with only one account. I own a Pixel Watch and a Sense. Both are used complementary (one device during work hours, one during leisure). This allows charging one device, while wearing the other.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @markesos, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to connect your Google Pixel Watch along with a Fitbit device on the same account with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

guadalupeba
Jogger
I have a Versa and a Pixel Watch. I would love to be able to still track my sleep while charging the Pixel Watch at night, but then I need to remove and add a new watch if I want to use the Versa for the night. And the next morning, the same, I have to add a new device for the Pixel Watch.
Years ago, fitbit used to let us do this... IDK it stopped.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @guadalupeba, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to connect your Versa along with your Google Pixel Watch on the same Fitbit account with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

guadalupeba
Jogger

I remember being able to do this YEARS ago...

https://blog.fitbit.com/sync-multiple-trackers-to-your-fitbit-account-with-multi-tracker-support/

I can't understand why, with much smarter devices, we can't.

DJAxeT
Recovery Runner

Does fitbit do still monitor these threads? 

The work around works well, but not everyone will be able or happy doing this. 

So after almost a year and beyond for other devices can fit bit provide an update. 

Please up vote the feature suggestions 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Add-Pixel-watch-in-the-same-account-with-other-devi...

xtrtx
First Steps

@DJAxeT are there any downsides with the work around? have a pixel watch 2 coming and as with most people didn't realize this would be an issue. may end up not getting it if the workaround has downsides. hoping it just works like it should work and that would be ideal. 

thebrickwall22
First Steps
Works fine for me on the pixel 1 with a charge 5. Just remember to sync
before switching watches.
xtrtx
First Steps

@thebrickwall22 great. thanks. easy enough. 

guadalupeba
Jogger
I apologize, could you explain to me how you do that?
So... From what I understand, you sync the watch or charge to the phone,
and then replace it (adding a new one)?
thebrickwall22
First Steps
There are links earlier in this thread with a workaround to get a pixel
watch and another Fitbit device on the same Fitbit account. Follow those
instructions.

If you do not follow the instructions you will only be able to have one of
the two devices on your Fitbit account.

Once completed successfully, you can switch between devices whenever you
want, just sync in the app before putting the new one on.
jerseyswimmer
First Steps
I've had no issues other than my step count get out of sync between devices
when I switch mid-day. They do eventually get synced correctly.
dennisq823
Jogger

I still have not been able to get both connected at once, despite trying the suggested method a few times!

PopeyPixel
First Steps
I work as a landscape gardener and have long worn my Fitbit Charge 5 during rugged outdoor work. However, when I went to add my Pixel 2 watch to my premium account as a device to wear when I am not working outdoors, I find out that Fitbit won't allow this. Even a simple switch device facility would help many people like me. Hugely disappointed.
QDawg94
Recovery Runner

I would like the ability to add a fitbit and pixel watch to the same account. If I were to purchase a pixel 8 Pro, I would get a Pixel watch 2. However, I prefer my Fitbit over the pixel watch due to battery life. I I could change out both watches, I would likely take advantage of the Pixel 8 Pro free Pixel watch deal. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.