Add Spotify app to all Fitbit devices

Please add Spotify to Sense 2 and other Fitbit devices which don’t have. That was the most used app on the Fitbit Versa2 for me.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

7 Comments
Destiny1024
First Steps
I ended my Apple music subscription to get a Spotify Premium subscription and I can't even use it on my watch. I would have never switched had I known it was impossible to control the app from my watch. I can't believe how long it took me to transfer my music over. Please make it better. I'll be back on Apple until then.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @mansi.son. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Product Feedback Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

You also had shared a unique product feedback, so we have retitled and relabeled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @mansi.son - unfortunately this is unlikely to happen, Google already decided not to support any additional apps on the  Sense 2 /  Versa 4 and they already took the decision to remove watch onboard music from all watches that had it, and these new watches don't even have any in-built Music controls that former watches had which would handle Spotify without the need for the Spotify premium only app.

However there was some talk of YouTube music.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Destiny1024 - unfortunately this is unlikely to happen, Google already decided not to support any additional apps on the  Sense 2 /  Versa 4 and they already took the decision to remove watch onboard music from all watches that had it, and these new watches don't even have any in-built Music controls that former watches had which would handle Spotify without the Spotify premium only app.

However there was some talk of YouTube music.

There are some other brands that have full music support and good battery life.

Did you know if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Destiny1024, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the Spotify app back on our Fitbit devices with us. I found a similar product feedback already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

GregorF
First Steps

I understand that Google wants to keep users within its own ecosystem/walled garden and would prefer people to switch to YouTube Music. But honestly, Spotify has a much bigger user base and it's unlikely that people will move from Spotify to YouTube Music. Fitbit devices not supporting Spotify is more likely to steer potential buyers toward other wearable devices.

Paulina4567
First Steps

Google needs to allow Fitbit to keep their existing contract/deal with Spotify. Fitbit had developed a Spotify app for previous models, which should be rolled out to all devices.

its 2024 and we cannot listen to music while exercising without our bulky phones? Makes no sense. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.