Add TD Bank Financial Group in Canada to Fitbit Pay

Please add TD Bank to support Fitbit Pay!👐 Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

232 Comments
tansoftware
First Steps

TD Canada Trust (TD Bank) serves more than 11 million customers at over 1,150 branches all over Canada.

For Canadian Fitbit customers, it only make sense to add TD Bank to the list of banks that support Fitbit Pay.

As such, I kindly request the developers at Fitbit to engage TD Bank and have them support the Fitbit Pay platform.

I've already put in a similar request for TD Bank to implement Fitbit payments for their Credit/Debit cards.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

jhalligan
Recovery Runner

Moderator, recommend we adjust title to include “in Canada” or change title from TD Bank to TD Canada Trust.  TD Bank can also be confused w TD Bank in United States.

We need TD bank added as well in the US. 

marcecast
First Steps

Hi there Fitbit Team,

I am so excited for the new Fitbit Versa Release!!

Looking forward to the added features in this model!!

I am torn between getting the standard Fitbit Versa model to the special edition.

I see that the NFC on the special edition is only available with RBC royal bank. unfortunately i do not bank with RBC. The Fitbit pay is very appealing to me but if there wont be partnership between my current banks and Fitbit pay it wont make sense for me to invest in the special edition. 

Can you please advise if the following bank will be part of the NFC Fitbit Pay application? If so, then this purchase will make the most sense for me. 

the following is very much popular in the GTA, Ontario (Cant speak for the rest of 
Canada Smiley Tongue ) : 

TD Canada Trust 

Please do let me know, i am eager to pre-order! Smiley Very Happy

Best regards,

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Please watch this space for any updates!

Pitabread
First Steps

Hi,  ordered a Versa special edition however I bank with Scotiabank - will it be added to the pay and go?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please please please PLEEEEASE add TD Canada Trust to your list of banks!!!! I cannot stress enough how much we need that bank too. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

TD Canada Trust please!

rotorhead
First Steps

I got the Ionic for the pay function. Imagine my shock when I tried to sign up with my CIBC Debit and VISA cards, and My AMEX Platinum (Aeroplan) Canadian card!  None of them are supported. You should at least cover the major Canadian banks. Please address this with some urgency. 

Truefreedom
Base Runner

TD Canada trust and more importantly TD Visa are there currently talks with these financial behemoths for integration with Fitbit pay?   Can you answer that please. 

Radioshack
First Steps

We definitely need TD Canada Trust added. I'm not sure why the big 5 (banks) were not contacted prior to the implementation of Fitbit pay. Its not like 36 million people hide money under their mattress at home. You have been advertising your products here for years, a little forethought would go along way with your valued customers. This is not how you win new customers.

Kerry

timelord1993
First Steps

I just bought a Versa and I’d love to see BMO Bank of Montreal and Capital One supported in Fitbit Pay. 

mdchris
First Steps

"We look forward to hearing what other community members think." hahaha yes i'm sure the results will be mixed 🙂

Seriously though I just assumed when this was rolled out that it would support all the major banks, instead it only supports 1, how lame.  I use TD but honestly I don't know how you can even advertise this feature in Canada when it only works with ONE of the major banks (ATB doesn't count).  

MikePasq
Jogger

I have TD Bank and I was wondering when you will be adding them to your list of banks being able to use FitBit pay because I just got my versa special edition in the mail and I'm very upset I cannot use the NFC payment:( I live in the United States.. please add them :(( I want to love my Fitbit! 

Shamoo27
First Steps

Please add TD Bank to the list!!!!

I do all of my banking with TD Bank and would really appreciate it if the Fitbit payment team can add them. 

Regards,

Shamoo27

bbqray
Jogger

Please add Bank of Montreal (BMO) to the wallet.

Canada only has less than 10 large, nationwide banks.  Please start adding more.

DVD1968
Recovery Runner

Yes, please add TD bank (US) and TD Canada Trust (Canada)!

RomRunsBikes
First Steps

To Fitbit and community,

I don't know how many Ionic and Versa users there are in Canada, but regardless of that, there ARE customers who would really appreciate this NFC functionality with an array of accessibility. I would personally appreciate if MBNA mastercard is included and all other major banks in Canada. I am an avid runner and cyclist. I bought Ionic because it runs independent of phones. That means I dont have to carry my wallet and my phone. But not being able to use my E-wallet because other banks aren't available defeats the purpose of having Ionic have that capability. 

Please Fitbit, I urge you to look into this! It would be much appreciated! 

Thanks a ton! 

Rom

@marcecast wrote:

Hi there Fitbit Team,

I am so excited for the new Fitbit Versa Release!!

Looking forward to the added features in this model!!

I am torn between getting the standard Fitbit Versa model to the special edition.

I see that the NFC on the special edition is only available with RBC royal bank. unfortunately i do not bank with RBC. The Fitbit pay is very appealing to me but if there wont be partnership between my current banks and Fitbit pay it wont make sense for me to invest in the special edition. 

Can you please advise if any of the following banks will be part of the NFC Fitbit Pay application? If so, then this purchase will make the most sense for me. 

the following are very much popular in the GTA, Ontario (Cant speak for the rest of 
Canada Smiley Tongue ) : 

TD Canada Trust 

PC Financial mastercard

MBNA Mastercard

Tangerine Bank 

Please do let me know, i am eager to pre-order! Smiley Very Happy

Best regards,

Marcela Castro

Moderator Edition Labels.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

nancimurdock
First Steps

Please add TD Canada Trust to FitBit pay! I don’t want to lose my FitBit (for Apple Watch) and I don’t want to move to RBC. 

Thanks!

DigitalPillow
Jogger

please add this! This is my Bank!

DigitalPillow
Jogger

i have a special edition Versa and I would like to use fitbit pay. I'm with TD Canada Trust.

Iliyana
Recovery Runner

I just bought a Versa and I’d also love to see BMO Bank of Montreal and Capital One supported in Fitbit Pay. 

Jfuze37
First Steps

Bought the Fitbit Versa Special Edition just for this feature, sadly i didnt read the bank list and was very disappointed that TD Bank (US) was not on the list Smiley Sad 

@Imbuik2 wrote:

Please add TD Bank to support Fitbit Pay!👐 Thanks!

A.A.T
First Steps

Would like TD to do item with my watch 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.