Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist

Like with the exercise option, have a water item in the menu on your Fitbit. For example: the option 250ml, a tap to increase to 500ml, 1l etc. then press and hold the button to add. It would make it a lot quicker to add the amount one drinks.

Moderator edit: Labels

204 Comments
KarenLeah
Tempo Runner

Yes please! This would be awesome! 

Fitbit has said that we can make our own app for Ionic but honestly, I have no clue how to do that. I don’t know how to code. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That would be great - for some reason pulling out my phone, opening the fitbit app, clicking on the right amount of water is just too much hassle for me. A convenient "one to two clicks on watch" would do the job on the Ionic.

MartV
Jogger

Yes please

launch-design
Stepping Up

I think it would be cool to have quick log for fruit + veg too 

created another topic for this here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Quick-logging-of-fruit-and-vegetables-water-from...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes Cat Happy

Mange_J
Base Runner

Yup, too much hassle to bring phone up to add water. Somebody mentioned adding veg fruit... make me add anything put in my mouth but keep it simple as just like a reminder that I did ate anything. Let me select one of the seven "times" from the add food section inside the app. Anytime, breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3x snack and also tag them with current time of adding this reminder, then... at a later time when I open up the app I would get reminded that I have empty food slots added from tracker. Do you want to add food now? Yes, No, remind me later.

Maxime_
Recovery Runner

It is true that a simple app to add the water we drink easily directly from the ionic would be great.

ShimmyD
Recovery Runner

It was mentioned above, but I definately support the request for adding customisable amounts for quick adding water. Not all water bottles are the same size.

I stopped tracking water with my fitbit app because its too much of a pain to adjust manually each time.

thunderstruck
First Steps

Totally agree! Especially with refillable water bottles that are all different sizes! 

SicaT
First Steps

I would find it really useful to be able to quick-add to my water log on the ionic watch so I don't forget to update my water intake when I don't carry my phone with me

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JiwanBeth, having a an option to log water from the Fitbit tracker sounds like a great idea. Thank you for your suggestion! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. I would like to be able to add water drank from my Ionic rather than through my phone. 

NPrich
Recovery Runner

I agree with the previous posts. It seems like adding a water tracker to the watch has been suggested many times. Has anyone read/heard any response?

OggyC
Recovery Runner
This does seem like a good idea, i hope this gets implemented.
Smithdu17
First Steps

It would be nice to see a water tracker app on the Ionic to help quickly track water consumption 

BFmom
First Steps

I would like a drink app available on ionic that you can track your water intake without having to go to your phone or ipad. It would also be great if it could send you notifications when you have not met your water goal. Not only that but share the information to your fitbit account. For the price you pay for this fitbit you should have this function available on your wrist and not have to go to a third party app.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Massive vote from me on this one. I think about this every single time I have to pull out my phone to log water. Seems like it'd be so simple to do on wrist. 

(Ionic and iPhone 7, if that matters).

Shumjak
First Steps

Would be nice to have an app that shows on the actual ionic Fitbit that you wear on your wrist to be able to track water intake. If I drink a glass should be able to enter it on my watch instead of having to go into my phone. Or would be nice if Fitbit came out with a smart water bottle 

WavyDavey
10K Racer

There is a drink counter app in the app store.

Shumjak
First Steps
What is it called? I can’t find one anywhere

Amber
OggyC
Recovery Runner
Hopefully this gets implemented soon, i really do believe this is a feature
that should exist within the fitbit device
tompopielarczyk
First Steps

Definitely needed!

rbennett18
Keeping Pace

But does the drink counter sync with your daily intake of water (displayed on the fitbit app)?

Shumjak
First Steps
No it doesnt. Very annoying. They need a app that actually allows you to track actual volume of water into on your wrist

Amber
Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JiwanBeth and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.