Add chatter and greeting on Charge series

I got my first Fitbit some 18 months ago, a Charge 2. I fell in love with it and its fun chatter and humorous greetings really turned my motivation on. For me this was one very important key for me embracing the idea of wearing a tracking device like this. It persuaded me with its fun and humour. A simple detail like that there are several different ways in which it "celebrates" when you have reached your daily main goal: fireworks, popping circles, glittering patterns and the best one of them all: the space rocket. Getting the space rocket really made my day! And those fun and cheerful greetings: "Up and at'em!" "Ready to roll!" "Left foot, right foot!"

I loved the Charge 2, but it had a lot of issues with screen spontaneously cracking in the heat. After my third watch in 12 months had a huge crack, I decided I would try a different model and I went to the Versa. Big disappointment!! The screen was nice, it worked ok (had some syncing issues and some false/inaccurate pulse readings) - but what happened to my cheerful friend? No greetings and only two different celebrations. I found it boring and a let down. I kept walking and achieving my goals but the spark is missing. Where is the fun?

So now I have gotten a Charge 3, since I was hoping it would be more like the Charge 2. The smiley face when I plugged it in the charger made me hopeful. After one week it seems to be working well and somewhat better and more accurate than the Versa. But - also here - where is the chatter? The funny comments? The cheering?

Since both the chatter and the greetings are optional on the Charge 2, why can't this feature also be incorporated into the Charge 3? It would make the world of a difference to me. I really don't have a sad or miserable life at all, and I will be able to keep up my motivation for exercising, but what simply made my day every day on the Charge 2 seems to have disappeared totally from the Charge 3 (and the Versa). I do not care about getting the weather forecast or listening to music through the watch and I really don't want any cell phone notifications from it either. But I need the fun. Please consider bringing this feature back.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject (as more goal celebrations were released)

Charge 2, Versa, Charge 3
30 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Fosile! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Smiley Wink

Avajayne03
Recovery Runner

I love Fitbit but I'm unhappy about a couple of things here with the new Fitbit charge 3 so first they need to install Fitbit flight game it helped me to complete my goals for the day miss that ! Second I like to be able to leave a greeting message on my Fitbit as I did on the Fitbit charge 2 it was nice when I picked it up I programed it so show hello gorgeous and last but not least for the clock faces why why why didn't you make one with the steps at the bottom with the date on top I hate the charge 3 clock faces none have the date on top steps on bottom with the time digital it's driving me crazy and I have noticed that if my phone is ringing the charge 3 does not ring and tell me like my charge 2 so they need to do some work here and fix the little things please and thank you 

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Avajayne03 it's best to share one suggestion per post so that we can accurately update you on progress. All of these ideas exist so I suggest you vote and/or subscribe to these:

For now I'll merge this into one of the above suggestions. If you are having issues with call notifications on Charge 3, please read this help article or consider contacting support.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fosile - I'm happy to say more goal celebrations were released on Charge 3, so I've updated the title of this suggestion. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Janie77303
First Steps

I loved the personalized greeting on my charge 2. 

Please find a way to update app for the charge 3

it may sound crazy but this is almost a deal breaker for me,

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Janie77303! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

sarvis
Recovery Runner

Please Fitbit put the chatter & greeting on the charge 3 !!!! soon!!! I loved that feature on the charge 2. It is very motivational just to see all the little encouraging sayings that give me that push to do more steps, and isn't that what a fitness tracker is all about , motivation? I know it seem silly to some people but it really works for me and probably a lot of other people.

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

I want to have the Greetings feature added to the Fitbit charge 3

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sparkles4, thank you for sharing this suggestion. Greetings are a great way get motivated. I am keen to hear what other users think about it. 

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

I was hopeing for the same thing.  I also had the charge 2.  I changed to a charge 3 for the water resistant to 50m

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

i was hoping for the same thing.  I also had the charge 2 and loved the chatter and greetings feature.  I switched to the charge 3 for other features i wanted.  Please bring back the chatter and greetings feature.

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

I feel the same way.  I had the charge 2 and loved those features.  Bought the charge 3 for other features, but i miss the chatter and greetings.  Please bring them back.

Pat2019
First Steps

Add greetings to Charge 3!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pat2019, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Dara723
First Steps

Totally agree!! PLEASE enable the Greeting and Chatter for the Charge 3. I too miss the motivational messages! As long as you make it optional (like on the Charge 2), it won’t alienate any of the current users that may not like that feature. 

Pat2019
First Steps
Yes. I really miss this feature! Please! Please!

Sent from Pat Hollifield
Sophie08
Jogger

I really miss the greetings and chatter on the Charge 3. I have worn the 2 for 2 years and continue to wear it even though it has a cracked screen. I like the 3 as it seems more comfortable and is syncing well but I miss the greetings.

Tanager
Jogger

Please please PLEASE bring back greetings / chatter from the Charge 2 and please add in an update to the Charge 3!!! It’s not a big thing, but I loved it! Also please make it an update so that I can have it on this new Charge 3 that I have purchased! Thank you for y’all do!! I love the new Charge!!!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tanagerthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about having the greetings/chatter from Charge 2 implemented to the Charge 3, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Reviewed by moderator" status. 

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

I have the Charge 3.  I did have the Fitbit Alta which had the greetings option.  I too miss the Greetings option on the Charge 3.

richard_dc
Recovery Runner

Does the Fitbit app provide a way to download a .CSV file of sleep, heart rate and weight data?

The Log tab displays data but does not have a download function that I can find.

For weight, I can select all,copy and paste into Excel:  clunky - so why no .CSV download?

For sleep, it displays only a total - you have to expand day-by-day to get the deep, light, REM etc breakdown which is impractical for a select all,copy and paste method.

There is no display of resting heart rate - we need a daily max, min and average too.

This is such an obvious feature for those tracking sleep, heart rate and weight trends that I am puzzled Fitbit does not seem to provide it.  Especially since an entirely independent website, www.squashleagues.org, does provide a .CSV download of some of the data.

Justadude
First Steps

Ey fitbit development team, please add greetings to the charge 3. I just upgraded from the 2 to the 3, and while I was really impressed with the physical design, I was disappointed to find out how unambitious and lackluster the charge 3 is when it comes to features and customization. There are barely any new features on the charge 3 and it seems like all the little details that helped make the charge 2 stand out to me have been thrown out. I'm curious if the company is prioritizing improving existing products like the charge 3 or if they're already spending their resources on developing new products, focusing more on making more money rather than current customer satisfaction.

Oceanbreeze55
First Steps

I agree.  I enjoyed the encouraging greetings on my HR2, and now I am sorry I got a Charge 3 for Christmas.  I find the Charge 3 less user friendly to navigate through screens, and I really miss the cute messages and celebrations I used to have.

MHanafy
Jogger

I got the charge 3 as a gift for my wife who had the AltaHR, to my surprise she doesn't like it and prefers the Alta, mainly because of the missing chatter feature.

Can you please add it back? this is really frustrating.

skwhite7
Keeping Pace
So I finally made the leap and own a Charge 4. My previous Fitbit tracker was a Charge 2. One of the things I miss the most is my daily morning greeting. It was the highlight of my morning to read the silly messages. Can you bring this feature back??? Thank you.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.