Add friends via Twitter

Please Fitbit can you make it possible to link twitter friends also like i do with Facebook.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

21 Comments
MK8
Jogger

Please add the ability to find friends via Twitter. It seems nonsensical that Fitbit posts statuses daily for many users, but we're unable to find and add those same Twitter friends via Fitbit.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

when we connect are fitbit account to twitter can we have it so we can add are twitter friends who have fitbit

dkent2000
First Steps

Would be nice if "Find more friends" could search a few more sources like LinkedIn, Gmail, Hotmail, local contact list.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

and twitter tumblr foursquare

ul
Jogger

Please make it possible to add friends through Twitter. I know handles not e-mails.

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great suggestion! Thanks for posting. 

Lorneputnam
Recovery Runner

I would like to see more intergration from other social media than just Facebook for suggesting friends, i dont use Facebook but use other sites like Twitter

ponymoore
First Steps
Wouldn't it be good if Fit it could be linked to our Twitter accounts, so we can then add friends, as well as post our achievements as we go along. It would mean we wouldn't have to rely on third party activity trackers
noeldavila
First Steps

Really looking forward to this feature being added.  Seems silly that we can add Facebook friends, but not our Twitter followers. Other social media platforms should be included as well, but Twitter is a no-brainer.

Cholo
Jogger
To link and add friends from Twitter.
TB5918
Base Runner

I have been hoping for this to be added since I got my Fitbit. I know I must have some friends on Twitter who use a Fitbit that I'd like to add.

Don't know why the Fitbit engineers have no interest whatsoever in adding this as a feature...

TB5918
Base Runner

Looks like this will NEVER be added into Fitbit. Suggestions like these seem to go in one ear, and out the other.

noeldavila
First Steps

Any moderator going to chip in on this?

TB5918
Base Runner

The app/website has the option to add friends via Contacts, Facebook, or Email. How about finally adding the ability to add friends via Twitter?

This is something that has been asked by users for several years now, and yet seems to be a feature Fitbit developers could care less about adding, for some reason. 

Please, Fitbit... add this as a feature!

TB5918
Base Runner

They will never do this. It's been requested here before, but like always, they could care less.

TB5918
Base Runner

Beating a long dead horse here, but as someone who DOESN'T USE FACEBOOK, it'd be nice to be able to add friends via Twitter. 

I doubt this will be given any serious consideration, and this request will sit unresolved for years to come.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for participating in the Feature Request board!

I really like your idea about having your Twitter's friends linked to your Fitbit account since there are people that don't use Facebook, only Twitter.

TB5918
Base Runner
Thanks for having this reviewed, Cindy. 

Any idea if this feature request will get and serious consideration? Giving your customer base the ability to connect via other social platforms beyond Facebook (like Twitter) could only help the Fitbit ecosystem.

Abualnassr
First Steps
I support this
marco1893
Recovery Runner
Push thiiiiis!
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.