Alarm based on set hours slept (eg. wake me up after 8 hours)

I love the silent alarm, but on the weekend my sleep schedule trends to get changed and I over sleep. Because Fitbit can track hours slept, I'd love the ability to set an alarm based on hours slept. Example: after sleeping 8.5 hours my silent alarm would go off. This would allow me to not oversleep while letting me "sleep in". Thanks for listening to this idea!

114 Comments
wayneianmoore
First Steps

I love the idea of the alarm waking you up after a pre-set amount of time. I either under sleep it over sleep, so setting the alarm after 8 hours of sleep would be great. It would be a fantastic additional feature, so come on Fitbit do it. 👍

Jeff-King
Jogger

I have a difficulty in falling asleep and cannot tell what time should the alarm goes off while I am laying on the bed. Sometimes the alarm is active too early that I even didn't sleep. Sometimes it would be too late that I have slept for more than 2 hours in the noon. Since the Fitbit devices track the sleep time (Even though the sleep status wouldn't be analyzed if the sleep time is shorter than 3 hours), I hope it can monitor my sleep time and wake me up after I have slept for a given time. I think that function is quite useful for the people who have insomnia like me. By doing that we can manage our sleep time in a more accurate way. Thanks for your reading and please let me know what you think about it.

Jeff-King
Jogger

I cannot imagine this idea has been proposed for more than 1 year and still not available today! What a simple function and what a stupid programmer? If you can provide me the API for Fitbit charge 2 I even can do it myself. It sucks!

vigneshvijay
Jogger

when would this be available ?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be very useful, I like this alarm idea. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

espr3ss0
Recovery Runner

This is a great suggestion, I really hope it gets the attention it needs.

Itsmee
First Steps

Hey 

l would like to see a feature with a automated alarm clock if the sleep target is reached.

An example:

Like opening the Fitbit app is required for using gps on a workout (I’m using a Fitbit Charge 2)...

For automated waking up it should be required to open the app during sleeping, so the app can wake you up with the phones speaker

Rockzie
Jogger

I am newly retired and no longer need the silent alarm for a set time. Instead I would like for my Fitbit to note when I have had 8 hours of sleep and wake me up.

jespere
Recovery Runner

Came here to vote for this idea and add to it, use the sleep info to recommend an ideal nap length and allow us to set an alarm based on it. 

jaclin
Base Runner

but also have the option to set a "smart 8 hours", so that if you were in deep sleep at the 8 hour mark, it would wait until you are back into light sleep before it woke you up.  You could then set a backup alarm in case you absolutely had to be up at a certain time, even if it meant waking up from deep sleep.

Cnicks17
First Steps

Hi! I have the Charge 2. A feature that would allow the silent alarm to continue going off until the Fitbit detects walking for a short distance would be a massive improvement on the current dismiss feature. I was actually quite surprised that the Fitbit didn’t do this out of the box seeing as it is mostly designed to track steps and also advertised its silent alarm feature.. combine the two already built in processes and you’d have an amazing alarm. Thank you for your consideration!

V/r,

CJ

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

LisaZim
First Steps

I would like my Fitbit to wake me up a certain amount of time after it registers that I fell asleep for a nap.  That way you would not over or under sleep when napping.  You could get the perfect short nap.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This is an interesting idea @LisaZim.

I could definitely see it being useful for some users. 

Let's see what others think about it.

BonnieL18
First Steps

Also having an optional nap/rest reminder when a certain level of steps or active minutes are exceeded would be great. This would be very helpful for people who do too much or have health issues to remind them to slow down or take a rest break. 

HyperNinjaZX
Base Runner

If this is implemented, will it be updated to the blaze?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have a suggestion for fitbit smart watch, Add new feature, For people who do not like sleeping a lot For example, the user determines how many hours he wants to sleep Calculates the time set when you sleep directly And these are feature of the best of alarm set the normal These feature are for someone who wants to sleep a certain hour or take a nap. 

This is my idea. 

My name :Ali Abdullah Buzaid

Thanks

Atsuidesu
Jogger

Some people may end up sleeping longer than they intended to when they want to take a nap or wanna make sure they get a targeted amount of sleep(at least me) when they nap. And having that alarm set may make you feel anxious when you’re trying to set up a good amount to sleep because you feel you won’t fall asleep on time and may feel like adjusting the time to get that extra amount of sleep. Some want 30 min, some want 45, there are different power naps. I want my Versa to start a timer for me for the amount of sleep I want. This might also be good for people with hypersomnia.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @Atsuidesu! Thanks for your suggestions. Let's wait for people start giving their votes. We'll be checking the progress.

Atsuidesu
Jogger

Sorry meant hyposomnia not hypersomnia. If you could fix that in my original post, I’d appreciate it.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Atsuidesu click/tap the three dots to the right if your post and then edit .

M

The Versa dies come with a timer that can be set for up to 99 minutes

parfilov
First Steps

Hello!
I'm looking for smart alarm clock wear device for wake up after specified time. I mean, that I want my band check my sleep activity and wake me up, for example, after 7 hours.

Now I have "HONOR band 3" which can wake me up at the time which I set. "HONOR band 3" perfectly determines when I fall asleep but it will wake me up only at a given time. However, I need it wake me up after specified time no matter which time I fall asleep.

For example, I want to sleep 7 hours:
— Today I'll go to sleep at 10:00 pm, fall asleep quickly and my band should wake me up in +-05:00 am
— Tomorrow I'll go to sleep at 01:00 am. Because of difficult day I can't fall asleep. My band should wake me up at time which it detected by sensors, when I fell asleep plus 7 hours.

I hope it's clear description of desired feature and you'll implement it with Fitbit devices and I will replace my current band.
Thank you!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @parfilov, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Crimson_Guard
First Steps

To set an alarm based upon approximate time slept, measured through sleeping app. 

I don't have a deadline some days and would rather sleep for a set period of time over just a time itself (avoiding too short or a too long *period* of sleep).

Perhaps a setting, manually turned on per day, that allows an alarm based upon hours slept. 

Aka, fitbit registers sleep at x o'clock, person pre sets alarm for y hours slept. At x+y o'clock, alarm activates.

This allows better maintenance of sleep periods and ensures a good set period sleep (potential for naps with more accurate tech). Very marketable for people like myself with variable sleep patterns (think students, shift workers, casuals etc). If accurate enough, could also be used at uni or in buisness for short naps, and be synced with phone alarms (usually charging anyway while napping) iot better facilitate set sleeping hours. 

KayEEm
First Steps

This would be soooo helpful! And would cut down on grogginess especially on weekends!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.