Allow us to hide the recipes in the Food tile

Get rid of the recipe suggests in the calorie tracker.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
117 Comments
BuzzKill
Jogger

Mom2Jacob asked me to post my comparison and reason I switched to the Apple Watch.  I had been a loyal Fitbit user for 10 years and was most recently using a Charge 3, which I loved... the display began to dim after 2 years of very constant and rigorous usage.  I was going to order a Charge 4 to replace it for $150, but I found an Apple Watch 3 for $199.  The Apple Watch has significantly more functionality than the Fitbit Charge 4 and is well worth the additional $49.  The Apple Watch does need to be charged daily while the Charge lasts 3-4 days, but I just pop it on the charger while I shower each day and that does the trick. I have not found a single free App that is as comprehensive as the Fitbit App for tracking nutrition, sleep quality, exercise and step count, but he Fitbit step count overcounts by 10-20% per day - I wore them both for a month. For the Apple Watch Apps, I like myfitnesspal for tracking exercise and nutrition (utilizes a barcode scanner for easy entry of nutrition data!), SleepWatch for sleep quality and Pedometer for step count.  The Fitness App also gives a nice graphic of daily activity and calories burned. All of those apps are free.  The Fitness App just introduced a pay option (Fitness +), but there have been no intrusive advertisements to upgrade - Fitbit should take note!  All of this information gets integrated into the Apple Health app if you choose to allow access, but that is a personal choice on the iPhone.  I am very happy with my decision to switch to the Apple Watch and ever though I love the Fitbit App, I would never go back.  I hope this is helpful!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

msrw
Recovery Runner

I also have reluctantly switched to an Apple Watch 6 from Fitbit, after having used Fitbit for about 7 years from the One to the Alta, Charge 2, Charge 3, Charge 4, Aria, Aria 2 etc.  

I agree with Buzzkill’s post.  The Apple Watch is better built, way more versatile, offers better user control over privacy  and has a lot of features that I had no idea I’d like, including really deep integration with my phone.

I do think that Fitbit’s software is better for sleep, calorie tracking and exercise than anything currently available for the Apple Watch.  I also think that Fitbit has abandoned the market space for a simple fitness tracker that is high quality and NOT a smart watch--i.e., a device that would appeal to someone who wishes to wear a Rolex or other fine mechanical watch.  Fitbit dominated that space and appears to be walking away from it.

Since the Google acquisition, Fitbit has produced shoddy products with inferior design, material and build quality.  Fitbit’s constant harassment of users to turn on location tracking full time is really unacceptable.  Then there’s the advertisements for recipes that we’ve been talking about in this thread that we’ve all asked Fitbit to address and for which the moderator hasn’t even bothered to respond.  

Sorry to see Fitbit go in the direction it’s going, but they no longer seem to care about their customers and our preferences.  So Apple Watch it is.  

Bob59
Jogger
As soon as my current Fitbit bites the dust (only a matter of time based on my previous models), I will make the switch to a company and app that put the consumer 1st. Fitbit has arrogantly decided abandon putting the consumer 1st.
The lack of response from numerous consumers complaints about annoying ads and recipes that hog up space and serve no useful purpose is the last straw for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Philom
Jogger

I was about to start using the food logging on Fitbit but having the recipes in the way is ridiculous - please remove. This looks like a request that has been made since August 2020 why is it taking so long? 
I agree with comments in this request around being a loyal Fitbit user because of the app but becoming  more and more disillusioned by premium prompts, recipe suggestions etc etc clogging up what used to be a great app. 

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
The recipe banner at the top of my food log is annoying! Slows down the app! The recipes are only available with a premium membership, why bother posting it at all?!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CbmusclemomThanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to hide the recipes in the food log with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

TanyaLothian
First Steps
The recipes section just gets in the way... please allow me to delete it, or move it to the bottom of the scroll.
Sasctt
First Steps

100% agree.  I have been a daily fitbit user since 2013 and I'm so annoyed with the recipe location it compelled me to comment - something I never do!  PLEASE remove.  I am an extremely loyal customer and am considering switching because the simplicity I crave from fitbit seems to no longer be a priority.

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
I agree! Very annoying, this should be an option on the food log tab. Considering switching to an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TanyaLothian. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having an option to hide the recipes in the Food tile with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thatketolife
Jogger

Same here!

Please take this off!

Everyone follows a different Diet.

I'm Keto and the last thing I wanna see everyday is grains and things when I'm logging of stuff I don't eat!

Vegetarians may not want to see meat. Vegans might get insulted.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Recipes are not a "One Size Fits All".

SO PLEASE. Stop trying to customize our devices for things we didn't ask for. You're not helping, FitBit. Thx.

Thatketolife
Jogger

Same here!

Please take this off!

I'm Keto and the last thing I wanna see everyday is grains and things when I'm logging of stuff I don't eat!

Vegetarians may not want to see meat.
Vegans might get insulted.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

SO PLEASE. Stop trying to customize our devices for things we didn't ask for. You're not helping, FitBit. Thx.

Thatketolife
Jogger

Same here!

Please take this off!

Vegetarians may not want to see meat.
Vegans might get insulted.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

SO PLEASE. Stop trying to customize our devices for things we didn't ask for.

You're not helping, FitBit.

Thx.

JoCT
First Steps

This needs to be optional!! It is impeding access to view where I stand on my daily target - something I check frequently.  I use the app to manage my exercise v. calorie intake to stay on my target weight and this shameless marketing to push the 'Premium' features is appalling and ruining what is a great capability in the app.

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
I absolutely agree! Very disappointed with Fitbit and their nagging marketing ploys. I’m moving on to Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Yatzpye
Recovery Runner

They are not listening to the hundreds that have posted on this.

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
I know. This request has been ongoing, for months, and all we get is ‘thank you for comment’.
I’ve also had several issues with a brand new charge 4-and I get lots of suggestions but no offer for a refund or discount for a new one.
I’m moving on to an Apple Watch.
I’m very disappointed with Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Noshua
First Steps

86 the recipes!

who needs them!?!?

and get rid of those suggestions while you’re at it. 
keep it simple!!

that’s why people love Fitbit ecosystem. 
trying to upsell people with stupid promos is completely antithetical to existing UI. It’s a transparent cash grab that will loose money in the long term when people start switching to other ecosystems

msrw
Recovery Runner

Folks, Fitbit isn’t bothering to respond to this thread, not even to let respondents know that they don’t intend to address this issue, which is pretty inexcusable.  

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
Totally agree! I’ve had a Fitbit for seven years, and they have now totally let me down. I am now enjoying my new Apple Watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Jep61
Jogger

Yes, please remove the recipes.  It slows down the app and I'm tired of seeing the same thing that is of zero benefit to me.  How many posts do you need before you will act upon our request?  I'd love to know.

Finngirl
First Steps
Ads for premium services below the calorie consumption vs intake slow down loading of the page. Please remove to keep the app responsive.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Finngirl, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to hide the recipes and Premium ads in the Food tile with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Cbmusclemom
Recovery Runner
This is crazy! TONS of people have added to this thread, agreeing with the suggestion about removing the recipe banner....yet no one does anything! This is not a commiserate board, I thought this was a board to share thoughts and suggestions to help Fitbit become a better product? What a waste of time!

Sent from my iPhone
msrw
Recovery Runner

“TONS of people have added to this thread, agreeing with the suggestion about removing the recipe banner....yet no one does anything! This is not a commiserate board, I thought this was a board to share thoughts and suggestions to help Fitbit become a better product?What a waste of time!”

Right.  What’s surprising is that by completely ignoring customer feedback, Fitbit is making certain what many users have suspected: the company no longer cares about its customers.  I mean how hard would it be simply to say, “thank you for your feedback, but we aren’t going to change how we’re staging Premium service recipe ads.”  That Fitbit hasn’t had the courtesy to even provide that type of answer just further angers its user base.  Ghosting customers?  A novel concept.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.