Allow us to hide the recipes in the Food tile

Get rid of the recipe suggests in the calorie tracker.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
117 Comments
lllsonialll
Jogger

Adding to agree with the OP and other commenters, this new feature is hampering my use of the app. It’s fine if some people want it but it’s in the way where it is, and I would like the option of removing it. Just put it in a different part of the app where you can browse recipes if that’s what you’re interested in 

traillady
First Steps

i hate this feature. please provide an option to turn it off.

hj_swampgirl
Jogger

The recipe tiles are especially obnoxious because I am vegan and couldn’t eat almost any of them. I am sure other people with special diets feel the same way. I don’t appreciate having recipes for shrimp and tilapia and not being able to turn them off. 😠

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

Please remove recipes!!  It slows the whole food adding process now even more than before!!

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

Remove the recipes, not interested in all for premium , in fact, you made me hate it !

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

It’s funny, I looked at the recipe part and there was actually a lesson for adding food to the food entry.  I noticed the sample part showed the food entry but there were no recipes showing on the screen, nothing between the top part and the days entries, where the recipes now sit.

FitnessLizard
First Steps

Ditto, ditto, and ditto.  Very annoying, not a feature I would use, rude to put recipes in the section where people are logging food they already ate, and in the way.  This "feature" feels like being held hostage.  "If you want to use our food tracker, you'll have to look at our recipes."  And I echo the user who said I have purchased this product.  This isn't a "free" app where I have agreed to suffer annoying ads in return for the food tracker. I purchased a device with the understanding that there is a service provided with the device.  Now I have to look at ads for recipes every time I want to log my food?  Which is many times a day?  Very annoying, and not well done.  We need to be able to hide this content or move it to somewhere that isn't obstructing our purpose for using the app.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I’m thinking I could find another food app and just log a total calories in the Fitbit app!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can barely access my food logs now that the unwanted recipe videos have been added.  The app is slow enough to sync, why make it less user friendly?

DHSD
First Steps

agree with very one here. Hate the recipes. Don’t need the tips. Don’t want to “get in the zone”.

please please give us the option to not have these features. Considering finding another tracker. 

nicole39
Jogger

I've been a fitbit customer since the initial launch of the product.  I've gone through too many fitbit watches to count, but I keep buying them.  Why?  Because I loved the app.  But notice that past tense....loved?  I don't love it anymore.  The main reason is all the pop-ups for premium.  Especially in the nutrition tracking section.  

When I am restricting my calories and tracking my food the last thing I want to see is pictures of food!

Please give us the option to turn this off.

Bob59
Jogger

Glad to know I am not alone with this very annoying change.

Who is the marketing brainchild that thought pissing off loyal customers was the way to grow business.

The premium services, I.e. recipes are in the worst possible location possible for seamlessly imputing calories.

What made this genius think this was a good place to insert this space hogging, resource using annoyance. Long time user getting very motivated to go to a different app and tracker!

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I am voting today!!!  Get rid of the Premium recipes in the app!! I vote affirmative and approve of this message!

Recipeslow
First Steps

Slowing it down 

please remove. It’s in the way

edsym
First Steps
Remove recipes list from the food screen or provide a way to hide it.
noname1919
Recovery Runner

Please remove, or allow us to opt out of seeing, the recipes. They take a lot of room on the Food page, interrupt the ability to use the app effectively, and aren't useful.

I deal with a variety of dietary restrictions (some of which I'd assume could be determined based on the rather significant amount of data Fitbit already has about my eating habits), so on top of being really irritating in terms of location, nearly every recipe is useless to me, and thus this "feature" is frustrating on multiple levels.

I am currently enrolled in Premium, and this actually makes me want to unenroll. I know it won't make the "feature" go away, but at least it would indicate that I am unhappy with something about the service.

MStoerm
Jogger

Adding locked recipes to the food tile is annoying and interferes with the use of your product. The food tile is for recording your calorie intake, add a recipe tab for those that want recipes and meal suggestions. 

Lindacle
First Steps
I don’t appreciate premium recipes that I’m not interested in being in between the scales of my calories in and out and the food that I’ve logged. It completely in the way of my direct comparisons I’m making about how I’m doing for the day. Put it at the bottom if you have to but get it out of my way.
DrCinnameg
First Steps

App should have the ability to hide the recipes

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lindacle. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to hide or move the recipes on the food log. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DrCinnameg. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to hide the recipes from the food log. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Don’t forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @edsym. Thanks for taking the time to share this idea about removing the recipes from the food log with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Lindacle
First Steps
Cool, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
ecbpdx
Recovery Runner

It seems like many users would like to remove the recipes from the nutrition page, or have an option to hide them. It’s not useful. For some it distracts from a strict diet program. For me it’s an annoyance like having to scroll past ads. Please remove or make the recipes optional.

Elise

Daily Fitbit user since 2009.  

lrjen
First Steps

Yes, please do remove the recipe suggestions. I have no need of this info and it also takes up too much room on my screen. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.