Audible alarms and notifications on Sense series, Versa 3 and Versa 4

Now that both devices have a speaker and they can be used for phone calls, it would be nice to have a ringtone or a beep sound for the alarm.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
242 Comments
tudza
Jogger

I vote for an audible alarm option.

Vajeeha
First Steps

It's been a year since this idea was suggested. Do we have an update on it yet? I would love audible notifications!

Klbhferis
First Steps
I contacted customer service a few days ago and was told there's no date or
if this is even being considered 🙄
ArchStanton
Base Runner

Welcome to life as a fitbit customer, folks.  Do not expect this to be resolved.  Ever.

Thanks for this thread, though - saved me $250.  I'll wait to see how badly botched the charge 5 is, I guess.  The 3 was a masterpiece of failure on launch.

jbender68
Base Runner

I hear now that google bought them, they will be going to Wear OS, I think it will be easier to find more outsourced developers that know how to code for that OS then the proprietary Fitbit OS they currently use, so we may start seeing more of our idea come to life.... at least that is what I hope

irfan00796
First Steps

Please enable this feature! it is 2021

Lele80
First Steps

Please, upgrade Versa 3 with this useful feature!

Qwe05
First Steps

I just bought the versa 3 and I wanted to set an alarm when I'm working to remind me to stop. I taught that with the speaker the versa 3 would have a sound. But no... And with the vibration I don't notice the alarm. Now I'm thinking of changing my watch because of this.

Please ad this option!!!

By the way, it would be great to manage the alarm on the app on the phone

Tetelestai116
First Steps
1. Increase the maximum amount of alarms that can be set.
2. allow optional sound to be played when an alarm is activated.
3. allow users to title alarms.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tetelestai116, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Allow More than 8 Alarms

Audible alarms and notifications on Sense and Versa 3

Naming/Labeling Alarms

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Franklin55555
First Steps

I am a new user of the Versa 3.  Got it as a gift.  However, I must agree with all of the other folks who posted on the issue of "no sound" for alarms and timers.  This is very disappointing and extremely surprising that it was not built into this smart watch.  I cannot use this as a morning alarm.  I cannot use this when timing a meal.  I cannot feel vibration when asleep or busy in the kitchen.  It is a shame and something I wish Fitbit would correct with an update.  Thank you

krmurphy
Jogger

I definitely agree this is necessary.  I have the vibration set to "strong" and I barely feel it when I'm awake.  This is definitely not enough to wake me up. 

Neiltee
Keeping Pace

It gets my vote Versa 3 vibration is not nearly as effective as my Versa was. So please audible alarm and if possible the ability to set vibration patterns. 

Ramireztra
Jogger

I often don't feel the vibrations from notifications and alarms. This would be simple to give us in an update. Why not have the option to set different tones for different notifications? 

Qlqlp
Base Runner

Over a year later and not been done. Its obvious and should've been included at release.

Qwe05
First Steps

Looks like fitbit doesn't care at all...

Or maybe they don't know how to do it?

FanTV
Jogger

Hello, please allow us to customize the % level where fitbit considers that the battery level is low. I would like to set it at 40% because my battery drains very quickly because I have actuvated "Always OnDisplay".

Also please make the Fitbit Sense vibrate for a long time and emit a custom sound on the phone when the Battery is Low.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FanTV, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize low battery level alert and add sound notifications as well. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You can also be interested in this other suggestion: Audible alarms and notifications on Sense and Versa 3.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

f19ajw
First Steps

Notification sound would be a great idea.

Just bought my Fitbit Sense, and I was surprised to get a little tiny hardly felt vibration instead of an actual notification sound. 

With coming from a Samsung Watch4 Classic, I thought notification sounds on a not so cheap device would have such a basic feature.

Fingers crossed for this feature asap. 🤞

Nat-chos
First Steps

I would love this!  I hope fitbit is able to implement it into the sense!

Franklin55555
First Steps
I would hope they can send an update to the software to add sound to notifications A lot of people asked for this. me included
WantingtoloveFB
First Steps

I would really like to have sound notifications on the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3.  Coming from Wear OS, this is very much missed.

WantingtoloveFB
First Steps

I would really like to see more banks included in Fitbit Pay.  I was surprised to see how few banks in Canada are included.  Please expand this to Canada.

1977e
Jogger

I love that too...

1977e
Jogger

I would really appreciate if we can use the speaker for alarms...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.