Automatically sync all devices linked to one account (when in range)

We have 3 fitbit devices all synced to my phone:

- my versa

- my son's ace (child account)

- my daughter's ace (child account)

The fitbit application should be able to identify that there are multiple devices linked to the same account, and attempt to sync everything at the same time. We shouldn't have to constantly change accounts to perform the sync.

For example, even if me and my kids are all staying on the couch, the mobile application performs the sync only for the account that is currently logged in.

Moderator edit: labels.

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Luke9070, that's an excellent suggestion. Thanks for your idea and for taking the time to share it with us. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

schulzey
First Steps

That's an excellent idea that should've been included from the start.  Just got both of my kids Aces and I imagine I will tire of the manual sync requirement rather quickly, negating the benefit of the device.  I have a keyboard, mouse, Fitbit, and headphones that all Auto sync with my phone without issue, so I don't understand why multiple Fitbit would be an issue.  It's a feature I strangely assumed to be included in this age of constantly syncing Bluetooth devices.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Mmbwayne
First Steps
in order for them to sync , i have to launch the app, switch to kid view, sync for kid 1, switch back to parent (put in a password), then go to kid 2, sync, and then switch back to me (again enter password)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mmbwayne, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to automatically sync all devices linked to one account (when in range). This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.