Being able to remove your tracker from the account

Upon my Fitbit breaking, I recently attempted to return my iPhone's Fitbit app to tracking data using the phone's onboard M7 chip instead of my Flex. It turns out, a Fitbit device can not be disassociated with an account. 

When I asked customer service about this, their advice was to start a new account. This is absurd. I have invested a ton of time into collecting data in my current account. Fitbit has got to allow this basic feature in a future update.

Moderator edit: Labels 

3 Comments
SumnerFitbit
Runner

You can switch to MobileTrack (M7) anytime.  Just go to the Account tab, hit Set Up a New Fitbit Device, then choose the "No Fitbit Yet?" option at the bottom of the screen.

mlaster
Jogger

How do I switch MobileTrack off?  The "No Fitbit yet?" option doesn't exist if it is already on but it doesn't work (hasn't synced in weeks).  I want to turn it on and turn it back on again, but can't seem to.

Status changed to: Released
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I'm happy to let you know that now you're able to remove the tracker from your account and just use MobileTrack. 

To remove the tracker do the following: 

- Go to your Dashboard > click on settings 

- Devices > scroll down and you'll see Remove this "tracker" from your account

Hope you can enjoy this feature and continue using Fitbit Robot Happy.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.