Bring Back the Old Dashboard!

I'm starting a new thread to bring back the old dashboard since the previous one was closed to comments and is no longer being considered by the developers.

I can't express how much I loathe the new "look."  It's cluttered, difficult to navigate, and it enrages me anew each time I go to check if I've got my dot for the hour.  Please give us the option of using the "classic" view.  Failing that, give us the option to remove or edit what we're tracking.  I'm in menopause, but it won't let me remove the Female Health.  I don't track how much water I drink, or what I eat, but those are permanently visible (I could edit them out of the old dashboard).

Please return to something clean and functional.  If not, I'm sure I can find another tracker that will suit.  I've been with Fitbit for over five years but updates like this do not inspire brand loyalty.

218 Comments
CookieC25
Jogger

Totally agree.  Liked the old version better.  Much easier to use.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too vote for the previous screen, too. I find it frustrating having to scroll down the Fitbit app to find all my stats mixed up with my challenges! Also I'm wondering when Fitbit will require the use of a recognized Fitbit so scammers are not allowed to taint this app.  Many are leaving this app as ot seems that you must be a scammer to use this app. 🤷🤷

Adrienna27
Tempo Runner

I absolutely agree with you on both points, @SunsetRunner .  I had 5 friend requests in barely over 5 minutes yesterday from strangers who just all happened to purportedly be young single handsome men with no step counts. There is no way that's legit.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Okay...yeah, I have seen that happen with far too many of my friends here! Some got to the point where nothing was done and they were called out supposedly assuming scammers were causing issues. I also emailed Fitbit and mentioned the mental aspect of having to deal with so many fake accounts! For younger teenagers, this is a very traumatic experience. If this happened on any other Fitness app, appropriate action would be taken such as lifetime ban from Fitbit and that they are considered a child predator. I personally deal with five to ten scammers whom my friends have tagged me in and when we ask why they aren't tracking, they have no concept of an actual Fitbit. It's like with some cars who have drunk drivers blow into the car to determine whether they're too drunk to drive. It's not rocket science and yet as you have seen personally, we seem to be fighting a losing battle. We need to receive assurances from Fitbit Support so that we know someone who is scamming will not be back on Fitbit...and it should be harder for them to even qualify for using this app!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@adrienne27 If you send me a friend request, you can tag me and invite me to help out with getting them reported and off of Fitbit! I have a number of good sleuthing friends here who will leave no stone unturned when it comes to dealing with these lowlifes. 

pete127
Recovery Runner

Should fitbit not respond to all the negative comments from all of their loyal customers by returning to the old dashboard, you can count me as a past fitbit user.

acmarsh
Jogger

What the hell is going through the heads of the fitbit team? The motivational tools are slowly disappearing and so is my urge to buy another one of these high cost smart fitness trackers. It was bad enough you took away the groups which was huge motivation for me. Maybe there should be multiple versions of the platform to select from rather than forcing change on everyone. 

pete127
Recovery Runner
Amen

Sent from my iPhone
aucozzo86
Jogger

The new dashboard is terrible and awful to look at. It's just a list of stats instead of nice tiles showing you your progress and such.

The new dashboard is certainly a downgrade from what was already great to work with and much more pleasing to the eye. How does a list of stats make for an improved dashboard? It makes no sense to me or others on the community feed.

QuantSelf
Jogger

I hate that the newest update, within the week, has changed how the "profile" page looks.  A few days ago, it had those nice graphs, such as the 4 or 5 week tracking of daily "highly active minutes."  Now, I cannot find that.  The profile page just has some uninspiring badge information.  I'm very dissatisfied with this.  Fitbit has managed to make their website less useful, this time, and it has hidden (or no longer tracks) the information it used to display.  

mamelia
First Steps

I was bewildered that it took me several minutes of searching the new app followed by several minutes of Googling before I was able to figure out where to find the alarm feature! That’s one of my favorite/most used features, and it’s now buried in a completely nonsensical location for something I access every single night. Also agree that the app interface has lost all of its “at a glance” usefulness. What an odd decision! I recently gave an enthusiastic recommendation for a friend to get a FitBit (I’ve had my Alta HR for a few years), but now I feel like I led her astray! I will likely get a different brand soon. I hate when people play the “I’m going with your competitor!!” card in their complaints, but this is such an unpleasant user experience now that it’s worth it for me to pay to make the switch.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Also want to vote to have previous app dashboard back. Tried the community, direct message via Twitter and phone, only to get the same generic feedback that it is not possible to revert and Fitbit strives to improve their products. Well, this update certainly doesn't seem as an improvement as it is counter intuitive and the previous one displayed information in a much easier and friendly way. It really doesn't make sense to have a list you have to scroll to see information, with all icons on the left and leaving the right side just empty. The previous tiled option was much better. Also, why make things smaller? Overall, it seems Fitbit went from a well branded option to a generic starter feel. 
In the same way that we can chose options for the watch screen, why not offering the option to use a previous app dashboard? Slack changed its brand and colours to a new scheme, but it is still possible to skin it the way it was in order not to alienate old time users. 
Had a great experience with Fitbit so far, but this change and the lack of acknowledgement that the new app dashboard doesn't work, insisting that it won't be possible to change back, really makes me consider checking out other options and maybe changing to Garmin for instance. Also cause the Fitbit/ Strava integration is not a great one, but was ignoring that since all else was nice. Well, now it is not and I really do hope Fitbit listen to the customers/ users and all the complaints/ requests about the app dashboard. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

For the ones looking for the old app dashboard, please vote here as well: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-Customers-to-choose-between-Dashboards/idi... Unfortunately comments are closed for that topic, but voting is possible. 

djcesarp
Jogger

I don't mind the new layout/app but why in the world are the forcing us to view our challenges first at the top of our "feed". I prefer to see my own stats, I have to re-arrange them every day so that they are at the top.

Bamamama1982
Jogger

The new interface is so horrible that I'm seriously considering switching brands as they say there is no way to switch back. The new dashboard is garbage.

graker
Base Runner

I am re-posting this here as I have previously posted it in another feed, I biggest issue we have is Fitbit never listens to it's client base. Their Moderators keep to the company line and looks like they have no powers or pull with the app developers.

The other thing is if they don't like your post because it criticizes Fitbit product they will throw a hissy fit and remove the post on some BS grounds.

To Fitbit and it's Moderators we are the paying customers that buy and use your product and keep the company afloat, if we don't like your product we will buy something that does suit our requirements, There are many other smart fitness watches to choose from and biggest are made by the two main Phone Manufactures where their apps work seamlessly with there smart watches. Never think you are to big to fall over.

If we the customer don't like your product we the customer will go out and resource a replacement product we like.

Most annoying update yet, you have to continually edit the dash board, when you set up challenges they move to the top of the (manage today items) list so you need to go into edit and move them down again, the rest of the interface just is all wrong, I see the option has been made to go to another page to give suggestions to fix the Dashboard, it is easy "give use the old dashboard we liked back" or at least give the people who pay to keep Fitbit viable by buying your products the option to roll it back.

I have now gone thru the entire range of Fitbit smart watches I started with the Blaze which I had lots of issues so I upgraded to the Ionic which also had it's issues so after the third warranty replacement of the Ionic I downgraded to the Versa which I am now not to my third and this one is now lasted since April so lets hopping this one doesn't have issues on the software update

But Sorry Fitbit but you're latest change for the app Dashboard you are making my decision to go to a Apple Watch is getting a lot easier even with the outrageous cost of the Apple Watch, but at least every one I know who owns one is happy with their Apple Watch and the IPhone interface.

Regards

Grant

PS: Please restore the voting function if you really want to see our true thoughts about the changes

ThePerfectNorm
First Steps

The user interface is not as good for me, the user, as it had been previously. Everything had been right on one screen without any need to scroll. The logging of food and water is, for me, not as easy as it had been. Instead of adding features, Fitbit removed one of my favorites. I used to be able to access and log water, food, etc. by tapping the "+" and it brought up those choices. That useful feature is gone.

It's now much more of a slog, and I'm not sure that was the user experience Fitbit was going for. I'd rather spend more time being active than sitting down and logging stuff on my phone.

ThePerfectNorm
First Steps

To make the best of a bad update, does anyone have any idea how to move/rearrange the health and fitness stats?

Xoxox89
Jogger

My company used the steps log part to run competitions through our company and that is gone too. such a shame

retiredgiraffe
Stepping Up

I do not like the new format for the Fitbit Dashboard on my laptop. I cannot see the daily step totals of my friends. Does anyone know if we can get back to the last dashboard?? Thanks

@QuantSelf wrote:

I hate that the newest update, within the week, has changed how the "profile" page looks.  A few days ago, it had those nice graphs, such as the 4 or 5 week tracking of daily "highly active minutes."  Now, I cannot find that.  The profile page just has some uninspiring badge information.  I'm very dissatisfied with this.  Fitbit has managed to make their website less useful, this time, and it has hidden (or no longer tracks) the information it used to display.  

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aucozzo86, thanks for taking the time to share this idea and feed back about having the possibility to change back to the old dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

smallsmiles
First Steps

The new app has lost the feature where you can see how many calories you will burn for the whole day which changes when you do exercise. Now you can only see what you have burnt up to that point in the day which isn’t helpful when calorie counting (which is what I use Fitbit for) and planning evening meals as I can’t see how many calories I have left

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @QuantSelf! Thanks for sharing input about the new format of profile page, I moved your comments to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us. Smiley Happy

Mausman
Jogger

I want my Tiles back where I can see everything at a glance rather then scrolling. The tiles had the info needed at a glance.  Please change it back as the new design is horrible and might force me to look for a different tracker when a new one is needed. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mausman! Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to return the Fitbit app interface to an older version. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.