Bring Back the Old Dashboard!

I'm starting a new thread to bring back the old dashboard since the previous one was closed to comments and is no longer being considered by the developers.

I can't express how much I loathe the new "look."  It's cluttered, difficult to navigate, and it enrages me anew each time I go to check if I've got my dot for the hour.  Please give us the option of using the "classic" view.  Failing that, give us the option to remove or edit what we're tracking.  I'm in menopause, but it won't let me remove the Female Health.  I don't track how much water I drink, or what I eat, but those are permanently visible (I could edit them out of the old dashboard).

Please return to something clean and functional.  If not, I'm sure I can find another tracker that will suit.  I've been with Fitbit for over five years but updates like this do not inspire brand loyalty.

218 Comments
Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Natalie4545 Thank you for your suggestion about bringing back the old Dashboard.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

Dashboard901
Stepping Up

Please forward this to management and the iPhone app development team.
I have enjoyed using multiple Fitbit products over the years.
I just wanted to say, unfortunately I just received an Fitbit app update on my iPhone, with the new UI design.
The new design is a big step backwards. The steps/floors/distance/cals/active minutes layout is not as efficient and easy to read, especially while glancing at it during exercise.
It is very difficult to see/read the active hours indicators.
All the information I could see before on one screen now requires scrolling.
The sleep score number is not as informative as the asleep vs. restless time of the old UI
If you don't want to revert to the old UI, please at least give us the option of choosing the old layout!

Very, very poor new UI design!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dashboard901, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see the previous Dashboard design. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs

Dashboard901
Stepping Up

I wrote this earlier and neglected to mention how bad this new mobile app for the iPhone is.

I realize the press has said Google plans to buy Fitbit, but your change is a mistake.

Whoever decided on the new UI, should not decide on the UI. It will kill you.

I don't want that. 

I rarely post on the Internet, but Fitbit maybe saved my life. As odd as it may sound, the new design is a de-motivator. Please give me the option of the old UI. I've walked almost 5000 miles in 2 years due to that design.

"

Please forward this to management and the iPhone app development team.
I have enjoyed using multiple Fitbit products over the years.
I just wanted to say, unfortunately I just received an Fitbit app update on my iPhone, with the new UI design.
The new design is a big step backwards. The steps/floors/distance/cals/active minutes layout is not as efficient and easy to read, especially while glancing at it during exercise.
It is very difficult to see/read the active hours indicators.
All the information I could see before on one screen now requires scrolling.
The sleep score number is not as informative as the asleep vs. restless time of the old UI
If you don't want to revert to the old UI, please at least give us the option of choosing the old layout!

Very, very poor new UI design!

"

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dashboard901Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to see the old dashboard on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

is so frustrating that my heart-rate goes up every-time I open the app; I can literally see and feel the increase. And, no, I am not resistant to change. I like change that improves the user experience. This dashboard just really sucks. The 2 column and row style of the old dashboard was perfect for a quick glance. To change it mid-way through your users journeys was irresponsible and selfish to better integrate with your new premium service. That dashboard was designed with premium service in mind. I hope it was worth it, I’m buying an Apple Watch after being a loyal customer who purchases multiple devices over the past five years.  It’s unfortunate that I upgraded to the Versa just 2 months ago,  it’s junk now. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to have the old Dashboard design. We appreciate your feedback. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

BernS1
Jogger

Hi Fitbit, I never thought I would feel so strongly but the new dashboard is completely uninspiring in the list format - the bold format of the previous dashboard is much more appealing, motivating and encouraging - which is the reason I go to my dashboard so often - please could you give us the option of reverting back 🤷‍:female_sign:

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BernS1, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Morganalefay5
Recovery Runner

FitBit went ahead and changed the dashboard without thought to the consumers.  Instead of seeing everything in one screen, users have to scroll down, swipe right and pray that they can find the information that they want.

In addition, all these new upgrades have resulted in notifications not being sent to the watch, syncing problems between the watch and the iPhone, and the inability for iPad to even find the bloody FitBit when it's on the arm that holding it!

bring back the old dashboard and stop screwing around with it!

Moderator edit:  format and word choice

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@Morganalefay5  this has been posted many times and it's easier to add your vote to an existing suggestion than to post it again. I really don't like what you posted : "it looks like it was put together by a 5-yr old with a learning disability." because I know several children who have learning disabilities. We can disagree with anyone, even with Fitbit, but stay kind and be civil. After all, we did agree to the Terms of Service when joining the forums. click to read those terms

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Morganalefay5, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see the old Dashboard version. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Macahi
Jogger

I don't know why you've locked the previous conversation except that you're tired of hearing all of the things that are wrong with this change.  There is a reason so many people are against it.  It is that bad.

It's clunky.  It's awkward.  It's difficult to use at-a-glance, or in general.  The layout makes no sense.  It's difficult to find things.  Every row takes up way too much space.  The old dashboard was significantly more user-friendly.  Change just for the sake of change is bad.  Change should improve things, but there isn't a single thing I can't point to in this that has been improved. 

My sleep stats now miss 1-2 days a week, every week, even though they were never missed before.

Unfortunately, now that this has been bought by google, it's only going to get worse.  Google is absolutely horrible at UX.  It's the biggest reason 95% of their customer-facing apps fail.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Macahi. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have the old dashboard in the Fitbit app with us. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

fbfu
Jogger

There's been petition after petition for bringing back the old dashboards, the additional data that was available, and the competitive challenges between friends.  That's basically all gone now.  All I ever see as a response from "the man" is nothing planned but never a reason why then took a step back from the main benefits of the trackers. 

Also bring back the nice one trackers you can carry in your pocket.  The watches are hideous and offer little function in compared to competitors. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fbfu, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

New updated clip on tracker

Bring Back the Old Dashboard!

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Ocean100
Jogger
The app is really not good looking.the old one was so cool and easy to find things in the app. So I think it should be changed or back to the old one.or maybe give an option of the way the app looks.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ocean100, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to bring back the old design of the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.