Bring back exercise breakdown and graphs on Fitbit app

I just got back from I run and I can’t see the break down in splits per KM or the location in which I ran, or the breakdown or heart rate throughout that run? I bought this watch to do exactly that as that was how it was advertised to me.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

15 Comments
NickPat
First Steps
the new activity screen which updated on my iPhone today no longer allows me to scroll down through my activities... I now have to search through different screens week by week and even then can't see which have maps included without clicking on each one to check... this change makes reviewing past activities almost impossible... v, v, v, bad idea
Like2workout
First Steps
Please bring back the previous app style for the workouts. The timing does not show seconds, only whole minutes. This is very important when tracking my pace. Also, the swimming no longer shows in yards, only miles. This doesn’t make any sense. And I also liked seeing my zones, it no longer shows this. Please put it back to the way it was.
SaskiavR
Jogger

And please please please can you bring back heart rate stats of a session and the ability to change exercise type in the app? I box regularly and the app never gets that right, so I used to change that manually. Plus the heart rate during my training session is valuable info and is now gone.

3rabbits5dogs
First Steps

I agree with all comments re update .
is this due to you selling out to google ???
I can’t see the amount of lengths I swim, although not particularly accurate. I didn’t have to do maths for a result or a laugh! 

raslothra
First Steps

This app update is a travesty. Google is going to lose customers over their design interface. We want the old style back - listen to us. 

eggbox
First Steps

The Charge 5 does not actively show the number of lengths that you swim, just the time, however the previous version of the application would show the number of lengths along with other information (see attached image).

I track my swim activity by the number of lengths I can do in (roughly) an hour.  I would like to see the number of lengths I have swam on the watch during the session but I can live with that as long as the app shows the number of lengths at the end of the session.

Overall the redesign of the application is not a net positive, things have moved from familiar places, you cannot configure the app to recreate the look of the old application (my wife hates it), previous features and information is missing, dark mode is missing, challenges have gone.

I have used Fitbit products for many years (multiple devices) and am now at the point where I will have to seriously reconsider whether Fitbit products are suitable for my families needs.  I know that as a company you won't care about a single consumer but the number of complaints you are getting regarding the new application and dropping features that make the Fitbit line of products appealing should give you concern. 

As of right now I would NOT recommend Fitbit to my family of friends.

20231010_195139353_iOS.jpg

SmartnPony
Jogger

I HATE the new app interface.  I have found that while I was very interactive with the past two interfaces, with this new one I hardly bother to log stats or check my progress. It's very BORING and I can no longer compare my active minutes and miles logged from week to week which was a big motivator - I HATE IT!  Maybe I'll get an Apple watch!

JeanMT
Jogger

Yeah, I miss the splits, heartrate, and the pace info when I walk.

LostKiwi
Runner

Hi everyone,  So... I subscribed to this forum when it was about 45 pages - and have read every comment before and since.

For all those asking Google/Fitbit to reconsider?  Forget it.  Last year around this time, there was a UI update that rendered connections useless for about 6 weeks (for some of us) - until Jan. 2023.  There was no apology or commitment to customers then, and no credit of at least a month on Premium.

Then they took away Challenges, Bingo and Adventures in March, if I remember correctly.  It's been a mess - so I cancelled my Premium before it renewed.  I couldn't trust them anymore - and this latest, diabolical "update" unfortunately proved my instincts right.

Now my Luxe wants to update the firmware.  Lol, what could possibly go wrong??  Apparently, lots - according to another forum.  Slowly but surely, Google is destroying Fitbit - and I love my Luxe the way it is.  So I'll probably just ignore the annoying pop-up every time I open the app - which I also loved, just the way it was.

Will have to start looking at others, and it kinda breaks my heart.  💔

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @EllaF23, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the exercise breakdown and graphs on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Like2workout, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

jrsmith888
Recovery Runner
I am very disappointed in the exercise log view in the new Android/One UI application view. In order to see a specific exercise event you have to scroll to the week then day. The previous version provided a graphical view separated by week with a visual indicator showing the heart rate zones.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jrsmith888, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about restoring the previous exercise view on the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NickPat, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the previous exercise breakdown and graphs back to the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

bud.dugong
Jogger

I also miss the splits information. Makes it harder to prepare for a race. I am not even sure if these are calculated when GPS is off, so I followed up here.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.