Bring back heart rate graph format in exercise tile

With the latest update to the fitbit app and the new interface, it seems the heart rate graph and ability to recategorize the type of exercise is gone. this was one of the main reasons I have and enjoy fitbit over the other trackers. Please bring these features back in an update to the phone app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

76 Comments
arildi
First Steps

The new app design should not have been rolled out. The old one was better by far. I consider leaving Fitbit for Garmin or Polar. 

A56C
First Steps

Absolutely agree - the heart graph during exercise and the exercise functionality was one of the most useful aspects of the Fitbit and the most recent 'improvement' got rid of it!!  I have a heart condition and it's very important to me.  Please bring it back and maybe get a supervisor or user to check app changes before updating it for everyone?

Also, needed a lot of patience to be able to comment on here - pressing the comment button on my iPad didn't work and I had to try for quite a while on my Mac before it offered the terms and conditions check box to proceed.  

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ArnyKir, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the heart rate graph format with the percentages of time spent in heart rate zones in the Exercise details with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Miranda1982, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the heart rate graph format to the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

StepGirl1
First Steps

Please bring back the peak heart rate number during a workout!  It's something I continually track and now am unable to do so.  

Answ
First Steps

I totally agree with you. Bring back the old app. Would like the exercise graphic with heart rate as it was. The update gets a failing grade big time. 

JoJo90210Cal
First Steps

I just bought an Apple Watch ... after being a loyal Fitbit customer/user since the beginning.  First, I will not log into Fitbit with my google account!  And, second, the application changes!!! .... well everyone has already expressed what a gigantic mistake that was.    Goodbye FitBit. 

b-stead
Jogger

Chiming in.  The design teams need to consider people who wear glasses.  These font sizes and the overall data presentation is way too small. I can't see any of this when I'm biking or working out. I usually have to check later with a stronger pair of readers on.  Useless.

IMG_2267.jpg

Voldemoo
Recovery Runner

Following this thread, I think the problem is that it's not clear where everything is now. It's still there, it just doesn't look like it. It took me a while to figure it out.

When I tap the Exercise Days control on the main screen I get this screen:

shot1.png 

Tapping the Weights activity that happened on Thursday gives me this screen:

shot2.png

shot3.png

Note that the times in each zone and heart rate are still there, they're just not so obvious (or easy to find).

I hope this helps, and if I'm not answering the right question feel free to ignore me.

Dorien17
First Steps

Hi Voldemoo, thanks, this is exactly what I would like to see in my screen, but it is not there! Maybe it’s the kind of device you use? I use the Fitbit charge 4..

ronskis
Jogger

I’m thinking it depends on the exercise.  Yes, I observed the data as you have when the exercise is “Weights”.  Auto detected exercises such as “Bike”, “Walk”, or “Sport” do not have the heart data.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

"Auto detected exercises such as “Bike”, “Walk”, or “Sport” do not have the heart data."

This is also what I have observed - all auto-detected exercises do not have HR data (seems kind of silly, since I would imagine elevated HR and device movement are how it auto-detects an exercise). This really needs to be corrected.

Everything I have started manually on-device has the data, it's just slow to appear or I have to tap back and forth between the list and the exercise. 

Voldemoo
Recovery Runner

"Auto detected" is probably the culprit. When I start a Walk, I do so from the Exercise selection on my Sense rather than letting it Auto Detect. Doing it this way gets me a map and mile lap times like the runs do.

If you don't have Walk or other activities showing up on your tracker there's a way from the app to get it added. I added Spinning to my wife's set of tracked exercises.

If it matters, I'm also using the Fitbit Premium version of the app.

Edmanley
Jogger
Apologies if this has already been brought up, but I noticed on the app that for a specific exercise I cannot see the heart rate graph during the exercise. I use this to monitor average and maximum heart rates during exercise. Would appreciate this returning to the app. Thx!
smoregan
Jogger

The graph was so cool to look at and see when you move through zones. Hard to believe a company related to fitness wouldn't see the value in this and remove it. Orange theory is making fortune upon fortune providing people this info. Meanwhile fitbit decides to replace it with an awkward and uninformative graph. But hey, I can see how many steps I took during exercise (as if that really matters). Seems out-of-touch to me.

JimboNJ
Jogger

Voldemoo et al,

Thanks for your comments. It’s helpful. 

The heart rate graph never shows up in the app in any of my exercises, autorecognized or autobrought over from Strava . 

But it appears when logging in and viewing in Fitbit the web.

So this is a defect bug that was created as a useability flaw in decisions by the programmers. 

JimboNJ
Jogger

PS it always used to appear in the app regardless of whether it was manually started, auto recognized or auto brought over. I am not a Premium subscriber but if that is why it is the reason it was taken away, shame on you, Fitbit. 

RHS324
Jogger

I have a paid membership and the heart rate graph has disappeared for any auto recognized activity. FITBIT! Are you kidding me? Please bring it back.

Steve-Eagle17
Recovery Runner

After nearly 8 years with a fitbit the last few updates have really ruined the experiences of having and using a fitbit. So many enforced changes through updates since google have taken over, obviously trying us to change to a google product. Well when my Versa Lite dies I will be getting something else these are overpriced and the facilities they provide are getting less each change they make. Can't even change the activity now, all the colour has gone no heart rate charts etc. Thought I would see if could make any changes on the computer as the iphone app is abysmal.  

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Do any of the developers actually use Fitbits?  Have any of them used one long enough to understand what SmartTrack, the auto-recognition feature does?  Everyone on the development team needs to read this article from The Keyword.  Getting a heart rate trace from SmartTrack is JUST AS IMPORTANT as getting it from the exercise app.  95%+ of my workouts are tracked with SmartTrack.  Fitbit introduced this in 2015.  Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken!

Answ
First Steps

Bring back the heart rate graph. Does not show when it’s auto-recognized. And the graphics are simply awful. Bring back the old app!!!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Edmanley, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the heart rate graph during an exercise back to the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Ga1ileo
Base Runner

This is a senseless (excuse pun!) and really dumb change for Fitbit to make.  How does it benefit users?  In my mind it is a classic example of a dev who doesn’t use the product making a change they think will be beneficial,  it from a users point of view is detrimental.  If Citbit don’t quickly resolve this I will be chucking my Sense in the bin and moving to an Apple Watch

alexmckelly
First Steps
I discovered yesterday that I had an update available.
I very much hoped this would restore exercise heart rate tracking graphs but it seems to have provided various weekly and monthly exercise summaries but not provided any additional exercise heart rate detail at all. I am very disappointed.
Rockinhorsw
First Steps

New update is horrible. I’ve been a Fitbit user for 8 years and this is the most useless I’ve ever felt the app, to the point that I’d contemplate changing to a different brand of smartwatch after nearly a decade of singing Fitbit’s praises to all my friends and family. Aside from the obvious visual changes, the actual feature changes are the most concerning. The fact that i can’t see anymore how my heart rate progresses over a single exercise (eg minute by minute on a run), removes the entire point of me wearing the Fitbit during exercise, as I don’t care overly much about my steps.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.