Bring back heart rate graph format in exercise tile

With the latest update to the fitbit app and the new interface, it seems the heart rate graph and ability to recategorize the type of exercise is gone. this was one of the main reasons I have and enjoy fitbit over the other trackers. Please bring these features back in an update to the phone app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

76 Comments
Rockinhorsw
First Steps

Other users are stating that they can see their heart rate graphs, but it’s not coming up anywhere on my app (it does appear in the web version), for both autorecognised exercises (eg walk) as well as ones manually started on my Fitbit charge 5 (eg weights, treadmill, yoga). Unless they’ve removed this as a free feature, in which case, I will be moving to a different brand.

CascadiaS
Jogger

OMG Fitbit is more concerned about the correct feedback topic and not duplicating things vs supporting the customers? This reflects a total breakdown of the culture. If someone comes and takes the time to post don't tell them to read hundreds of other posts to see if it is a duplicate. 

I have used fitibit since the first year is came out and the new products remove basic functions (stairs climbed) and software updates decrease functionality. Lay some people off who are not adding value to customers and focus on the basics. 

dianewordsmith
Tempo Runner

Got so excited at the gym tonight. Finished my “cardio” (yeah, I was phoning it in). Moved to weights. A Fitbit message pops on my phone … one of those, hey, you crushed it this week messages. I tap it. And guess what I saw? I thought they fixed it!!!! But if you close it, you’ll never see it again. It still lives out there somewhere in the app coding, but there’s no way to access it. So stupid to take these features away. And then just sloppy to leave old coding hiding in the system. 

IMG_8564.png

Clairsl
First Steps

I’m also missing this feature - it was of the most useful things on the app. Bring it back please!!!

I have found that the data is still there when you go to share your workout but it’s amazingly convoluted and a faff to get there:

Go to the exercise list, click on the exercise sessions then share in the top right. Then click the exercise tile and select the session again and you can see the heart rate zones etc.  

This is a huge faff but a temp workaround maybe for some who still want to see the data.  

IMG_7266.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

IMG_7269.jpeg

alexmckelly
First Steps

Wow, that's an amazing workaround. Thanks so much Clairsl for sharing.

So happy to see that the data is still there / accessible but how ridiculous to have to find it in such a convoluted way!

Please fix this Fitbit before I and many others leave and more elsewhere.

SwearingDad
First Steps

Echoing all the comments above - where has the extremely useful and colourful graph and summary gone showing heart rates etc? Not in my (cr)app any more 🙂

But when I login to my account on the internet, it is there!

Come on Google / Fitbit, sort it out please.

WEB-fitbit.jpgAPP-fitbit.jpg

A56C
First Steps

The first useful piece of advice in relation to the new 'improved' and b useless app and it comes not from Fitbit (who I'm important to and with whom I have a case number that they are strenuously working on) but from a customer.  Thank you Clairsl for that workaround. So the data is still being recorded.  Surely someone at Fitbit can fix this and give us back what we purchased (and recommended to friends in the past). 

Incidentally, don't forget that you can express your frustration on Trust Pilot.

Dorien17
First Steps

Thank you Clairsl!!

Dobies02
First Steps

I'm wondering if "the new Fitbit" was purchased by google so the features could be reduced to nothing in order to move users to another product. 

TallMan80
Jogger

I would like to see a return of the actual recorded peak heart rate during a workout session.  I think this is an essential item that was available and has been removed.  I suggest you post a list of features proposed to being dropped BEFORE unilaterally deciding to drop them

AmelioWilkins
First Steps

I absolutely HATE the new app.  Please, please, please bring back the old app.  This iteration is almost completely useless!  The old one was very user friendly and useful.

Also, I wish we could still track "floors" on the newer fitbits.  It really encouraged me to do flights of stairs.  Now there's little or no motivation to do them.

Thanks

LindaMarieL
Recovery Runner

I have had and used a Fitbit since 2018. Until recently, we have always had the ability to log our exercises after the fact and receive accurate information including heart rate and distance. It seems that this capability has been removed. The only way I can get accurate information now is to start an exercise on my watch. There are a number of issues with this.  First, I need to remember to start and stop whatever activities am doing. Easier said than done when you are with a group of friends and golfing, curling, whatever.
Second, once you start an activity on the Inspire 3, you can no longer see the time. Apparently it is there somewhere but I would need my reading glasses to see it. Not convenient when golfing for 4 hours or curling for 2.

I don’t understand why I cannot log the activity afterwords. The number of steps, heart rate and distance information are all obviously available as long as I am wearing my Fitbit.  

LindaMarieL
Recovery Runner
I have used Fitbit since 2018 and I have always been able to log any exercise after the fact and get accurate information on distance and heart rate. Now, the only way we get this information is to start the exercise on our watches. This is not always possible. The same information should be available with logging.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LindaMarieL, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the detailed heart rate information for manually log activities with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Katieeeee
First Steps

Please bring these HR graphs back for ALL logged exercise whether auto detected, logged after the fact or manually started through the Fitbit before/during activity!

TallMan80
Jogger
Amen!
Rosielee
Recovery Runner

Bring back the weekly steps total. Not an average. The weekly total. I'm so fed up with this new format. I used to try to improve my overall weekly total steps and now it's not available unless I'm going to do the maths. You've really ruined this thing for so many of us. I suppose you think we are just whingers who hate change, but I don't hate change. I hate when things go backwards. 

angit
First Steps

Extremely dissapoited with the new app!  I always look at sleep and excerise daily and would like this feature back along with others. Might be time to make a switch to another product. 

rafidog
First Steps

Interestingly, while the heart graph still doesn't appear when adding an exercise manually (for how many months now?) when clicking on the "share" button and then in the "cardio focused" button, the exercise show as they used to, with the graph being there instantly.

So it's obviously the "repackaging" of the underlying (and perfectly working) exercise as a set of data into the new interface that is failing.

No need to hurry to fix it tho, I already made up my mind to buy another brand for my next watch after that interface debacle.

Radzz
First Steps

Absolutely hate the new app dashboard…thanks for messing it up Google. Why change something that was great to something that clearly most users are unsatisfied with, based on the comments. Please change it back as it’s not user friendly and it looks like something developed by amateurs who have never used the previous FitBit app. A real shame as we’ve been forced to move to the Google account and for some people like my family  who don’t have a google account are now forced to create one if they want to continue using the app.  How is this okay? If the new app wasn’t so horribly bad it might not have mattered but after the inconvenience, you get something that excludes various cool features and takes away everything that was great about the FitBit app. Makes zero sense. 
I’m considering moving to the Apple Watch…might as well as there seems to be zero improvement despite the several complaints online made by various users. 

GigiBa
First Steps
So with the new update, when you start an exercise f.e. running and walking, it no longer displays your heart rate. Which was an incredibly important info to have?? I contacted support and the employee said “I'm afraid I do not have an answer for that since even us doesn't know why the development team removed a very useful feature.”
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GigiBa, thanks for sharing this product feedback about bringing the heart rate graph format back to the exercise tile with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

jonahhere
First Steps

Open the Fitbit app, go to the exercise tile, look for settings or customization options, check for an option related to heart rate graph display, enable or select the graph format, and save the changes. If you face challenges, consult the Fitbit app's user manual or official support resources for specific guidance on your device model.

Clairsl
First Steps

Hi Jonahhere, this doesn’t work for me - the menu paths aren’t there - what device and app version should this work for?  The user manual also doesn’t cover this and the paths are not in the online dashboard either - that’s the whole point of this thread - recent app changes have taken this feature away.   Unless there’s now been a new update and they’re back?  Please clarify. 

Eddrayne
Jogger

Please can we have the old dashboard back that shows heart rate during exercise?  The new dashboard is nowhere near as good as the old one: it has lost its colours (good for navigation) and is more complicated.

App updates are supposed to make things better… not worse!  

Hope it comes back soon!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.