Call and text notifications for Windows Phone

Add Caller ID and text notifications support for Fitbit devices on Windows Phone, please! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited labels.

233 Comments
PrologRocks
Jogger

I also would like to see this feature. I LOVE my Lumia 830 Windows Phone but am continutally disappointed by third party vendors lack of support for this platform. Part of the limitation is from Microsoft's product line management deciding not to include functionality in their devices (like the ability to use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse) but the greatest limitation is vendors catering to the iOS and Android market before they even consider the Windows Phone user base. I submitted this same request to Fitbit Tech and received the response below:

"We continue working hard to get Called ID feature using Windows Phone, however it depends of Windows and no Fitbit. Your suggestion is really important to us. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features), which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback."

That said, I give Fitbit kudos for developing a product that works with Windows Phone at all. I have not found any other activity tracker that has done the same. Well done Fitbit. Let's take it once step further now.

JeeS
Stepping Up

Really needed, very misleading when you find out alter you bought it.

OlliHe
Jogger

Yes, missing this option for my Lunia 640 as well. Pls, add if possible.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Caller ID would be delightful, I would appeciate this feature as well. Thanks!

michelle2010
Recovery Runner

I also would like to see the caller ID feature for us users that have Windows phones.  Please add this feature soon.

Dcparrott
Stepping Up

I'm with these guys. I switched to the Lumia 640 from the iPhone and I miss the caller ID / Messaging and control of Music that I used to have with my Surge. If possible this would be nice to have back

thanks

Dcparrott
Stepping Up
yes please add this feature
pilot5182
First Steps
Please get notifications for calls on Windows 8.1 very disappointed to find out my charge for not have it. Main reason I got it over the flex. Please. Thanks
maniacrenz
First Steps

i agree this would place it over the top for the charge and charge hr

TANSHUAI
Jogger

Yes, missing this option for my Lumia 830

TANSHUAI
Jogger
yes i want Caller ID
Cocomoto77
First Steps
Loving my FitBit 🙂
Would marry my FitBit when it gets caller ID for Windows Phone.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but shouldn't be too hard?
mrocd
First Steps
Title says it all. This device is so useful, but adding some automation with calendar alerts, SMS preview, and the caller ID are crucial for those in the work place where a phone us unwelcomed at meetings.

Um sure I'm not first, but strongly urge follow through. Windows is not going away and even with hardware layoff, their platform with live tiles and Xbox One, windows 8 is the most solid, and this weakness will make me stray.

The Microsoft band is nothing as nice and I'm just certain FitBit would take over if a little more automation/ connectivity would cross into a pool of users that are hungry 😉

Love the update on motion screen activation! Keep coming!!!!
clairebear13
First Steps

I literally bought my Charge Fitbit yesterday with the thrill of having Caller ID - but I too have a Windows Phone - Nokia Lumia 635 😞

Very disappointed!

Please can this be added asap.

MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Joelg1980
First Steps
This is clearly something WP users want. Fitbit seems more like Jawbone and the other wearable companies who are android/iOS snobs who won't add this feature because it isn't worth their effort. We shouldn't have to beg for such a simple feature.
pampurio97
Recovery Runner

Not simple as you think, probably-

pjong
First Steps

Please add notifications and caller ID to windows phone app. Just purchased Surge. Great device otherwise. Thanks!

Ev3
Recovery Runner

Surely the release of Windows 10 for mobile devices should prompt this feature for Windows phone...iOs is no longer King!

ponnetj
First Steps

Same here with the Lumia 930. i have the feeling that i have only bought 80% of the value proposition of the fitbit charge HR but the price is still for the full 100%. i hope that this is gets on the roadmap for development.

baajis
First Steps

I Agree - caller ID please;)

shaferain
First Steps

I just got my Charge HR two days ago, and I bought it because Fitbit is a rare company that have been officially supporting Windows Phone. And now I wish I can enjoy all the functions of my Charge HR as users of other mobile OSes do, so please....add this caller ID function for our Windows Phone users...!!!

slavrenz
Recovery Runner

Come on Fitbit, let's get this going!

scott23
First Steps
Please add this support, your app is great with Cortana integration and would be even better if call notifications worked on windows mobile!
elmer12
First Steps
Really need the caller I'd option for the windows operating system.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.