Challenges on web Dashboard

Why can't I see my Challenges on my desktop dashboard?  That data is only available on the apps.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarification and added labels

535 Comments

It would be nice to be able to see and respond to the challenges as well as challenge other people through the Dashboard for those of us that do not have compatible phones.  It's difficult to motivate one another if we cannot take full advantage of all the features the fitbit flex has to offer because we are bound to a lap top or in my case a desk top dinosaur.

Tf3945a
Jogger
Hi fitbit,

I recently bought one of your products for myself and I liked it so much I got one for my mom too so we can be in challenges with fellow family members and friends...the problem is, my mom does not have a smartphone, so she will be syncing via desktop/website dashboard and I realized there isn't a way to track progress or even accept a challenge through anything but the mobile app. Can you add a tile to the dashboard for challenges like there currently is for the weekly steps of all listed friends? That would be awesome! Thanks fitbit!!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with all of those that wrote complaining about non smart phone users not being able to participate in challenges. Come on, its a few lines of code so we can use the Challenges on our desk top computers! I paid the same amount as people did with smart phones for my Fitbit but you are limiting us non smart phone owners. But you made sure you wrote code to get "premium" money from users. Fixing this problem should be a priority. In the mean time I am going to look around for a tracker that does not discriminate against Non smart phone users. I am sure there has to be at least one out there and I can sell this fitbit off. 

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN FITBIT and the programmers. Apparently this problem has been going on for quite awhile and they don't seem to be doing much about it. 

Non Smart phone owners, KEEP WRITING till we get some type of satisfaction! FITBIT needs to listen CLOSELY to what the consumers need!!!! 

offroadn
Jogger

same here - add challenges to web site.

caleb0801
Keeping Pace

I think you should be able to view challenges on a pc or desktop!

kpmomof3
Jogger

Yes!! Please allow access to challenges via desktop.  I have a family member with a fitbit who is unable to participate in challenges due to not having a mobile device that supports the fitbit app!  

kpmomof3
Jogger

Another thought, after the 'new' wears off of the ablility to track steps, sleep etc... community and accountability are the things that make healthy changes 'stick'.  Without challenge access, all you have is your friend's weekly steps list for motivation. Direct challenges are much more encouraging when you know they are looking at what you are doing.

Thanks!

stacymarie
Recovery Runner

The challenges have been in place for 6 months now and there is still no way to do them on the computer!  I don't have a smart phone.  I do have a tablet but it is a Kindle Fire which doesn't support challenges.  Please, please, please make these available for the computer!!!!

edunne
Jogger
Kindle does support challenge he's now. Upgrade your app

Sent from my mobile
stacymarie
Recovery Runner

Thank you @edunne!!  But we still need them for the computer!!

ChelseaJ
First Steps
Quite a lot of your members do not have 'smart' and would like to join callenges with those of us that do have them. It would just be a website change, not a tracker change. You would open excersise doors to anyone who buys one not just select people. It would help your marketability as well because a bunch of older people would be interested at that point.
edunne
Jogger
totally agree! We are still waiting for PC availability. how hard can this be?
joanie25
Runner
Yes I would think after some time we should have heard something back from someone on this topic or seen progress. I am sure the people who just got their fit bits in dec/jan are not the first to complain about this feature.
xyxy
First Steps

Amen to all the comments above.  This is infuriating.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes I would have like to at least a yes no or maybe working on issue!

Have a great day!
Jim
lclear
Stepping Up

Fitbit Developers, 

You should make this a priority  Its not a question of only convenience, but why should a user have to switch back and forth from one device to another to get what they want?  Plus, as a developer, you should have the same functions in both places anyway.  I hope you get this incorporated into your design soon, and put out an update for us.  

joanie25
Runner
Lets keep inundating them with these messages to get this change made. Not sure why it is taking so long!!! But there is no reason it should not have been available from the beginning.
yummycandy85
First Steps

I agree with everyone. It kinda sucks to be caught looking on my phone just to see where I stand on my challenge. It's much easier to click on my web dashboard to view it.

Also, it would be great to see a response or update from the FitBit team. Are there people working on this, or is it something that we need to get MORE votes on? Please let us know!!

mkruse74
Jogger

My workplace has recently formed a FitBit group to encourage other FitBit users to exercise/walk and for some corporate rivalry.  I created a group at the FitBit.com site and sent out invitations to all company personnel to join.  The challenges that are on my iPhone app would be great to have available within our FitBit.com group, but I find that these challenges are only available via the mobile application.  If we, as a group, want to do any challenges, it seems that one or all will have to send "Friend Requests" from our mobile apps - I can foresee this as being a real pain and a needless one since we are all already registered in the FitBit.com group. 

Also, our group has members that are not centrally located in or around our corporate headquarters.  So, having challenges being setup and displayed within our group on your site would seem to add a little extra motivation especially to those of us who are at locations far from our HQ.

Any suggestions (other than sending about a dozen friend requests from my mobile app)?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide on this topic.

Thanks!

fitnessBummer
Recovery Runner

Heck there used to be one on the desk top.  I know because I've had my fitbit for about 5 years (a couple of 'em really, but I would challenge folks and they'd challenge me.  I hadn't in a while because mosy of my fellow fitbit folks either dropped out or meoved or whatever.  But just this morning I got an invite and I CAN NOT Accept, nor can I find a challenge tab on my desktop profile.  So strange.  I just can't remember how I did it before.  HELP, I'd so like to engage with friends this way again and share my 10-15,000 step days. 

MKD1967
First Steps

Yes.

PLease can we see the challenges on our dashboards. I dont always have my phone on me.

Thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I don't have a smart phone so I can not send out on my mobile devise.
Fitbit needs to fix this NOW!

Have a great day!
Fit to be tied! Jim
Julie-D
First Steps

Challenges should be viewable on the web dashboard. Right now I can't see them on my computer. Thanks.

MissYvette
Jogger

Early in November of 2014 I saw this post response:

This is such a great idea! We'll make sure to forward this idea to our developrs and site team. Thanks! 

It is now late April of 2015.  How long does this type of thing take?  I understand that teams need more time to decide things than an individual would, but this seems like it is taking longer than it should.  We haven't seen any replies except that it has been passed on.  Where is it in the development process?  If we knew that it was at least being worked on, we might not be quite so frustrated with your developers.

Please, Please, let us know what is going on.  This seems like a long time for what should be a simple fix.

TStraw
First Steps

Please make this happen!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.