Charge 4's Spotify app avaible during activities

At the moment in the Charge 4 you can't control Spotify while an activity is running.

I suppose the reason is that "Activity" and "Spotify" are 2 separate apps inside the Fitbit. Anyway, I suggest then to update the "Activity" App and include a section (scroll right/left) to include a Spotify control page. It's a useless function the ability to control Spotify if I can't do it while I'm running... Also, why I'm supposed to use my Fitbit when I'm not running instead of my phone?

83 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @stefy97100, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use Spotify app during activities. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

shabaranks22
First Steps

After waiting 2 days to use the spotify controls on the charge 4 and them discovering that you cant track an exercise and change a track is hugely disappointing! 

It also is very misleading to advertise the charge 4 as spotify compatible when you cant actually control spotify when the watch is performing a primary function thus making the 'feature' almost useless!

Very unhappy!!!!

Starmeadow
First Steps

I completely agree with this issue being very misleading!

Apart from the built in GPS, the option to control Spotify whilst running, was the biggest reason for buying the Charge 4. It seems absurd that its not an option already!

yokohiro
Jogger

Can we as users get an update from Fitibit on when this feature will become available?

Having spotify on a fitness tracker but not being able to use it concurrently with the exercising apps is totally not acceptable.

Shogunofsarcasm
First Steps

I agree with this completely. Honestly I almost regret spending the money upgrading from a charge 2 because it doesn't let me change songs during an exercise. There is no point needing the watch for Spotify in any other situation. It needs to be fixed. 

Rad0x6f
Jogger

Agree completely. Spotify control is useless unless it can be done during exercise tracking!

CEOrtiz
First Steps

Basic feature. Please develop asap. Thank you.

Joew39
First Steps

This feature needs adding!  I don’t see the point in the current set up? 
without control during exercise is it not a pointless feature? 

mattgen88
First Steps

This is actually an unexpectedly disappointing experience on the charge 4. One of the reasons I was excited to upgrade was that it had spotify controls. I went for a run and found that I couldn't change music from the charge 4 once I started a run. Having some controls I can swipe to while exercising would be great.

AutumnJoi
Jogger

Charge 4 has been the most disappointing purchase I have ever made. The GPS is terrible, the battery life is awful and now I signed up for Spotify Premium to utilize the features on the C4 only to find out I can’t use them while recording a workout. Who on earth thought that feature wouldn’t be needed?? What is the point of controlling Spotify from my C4 while I’m not working out? Please, please, please fix this feature. It’s completely pointless and yes, I can cancel my Spotify, but had I known this I would have just stayed with Apple Music. Another huge disappointment for C4.

joepind
First Steps

This is ridiculous, i bought the charge 4 because it said it had Spotify....which it obviously doesn’t 

NurinReen
First Steps

Whoever designs this watch obviously not a runner! Please do some research first. This is my most disappointing purchase of the year. Am already listing my C4 for sale. Thanks a lot, Fitbit!

Irena95
First Steps

I agree with the other comments on this thread. The main reason for purchasing was the ability to control spotifty. I was extremely disappointed to find that this is not the case when you are actually exercising. Im left wondering what I've actually paid for. I am strongly considering returning my fitbit now. Please tell me if there are any plans to update this feature!

jessplays
First Steps
  • Also chiming in, I am shocked you cannot control Spotify while also doing an exercise. How is this not implemented?? Please allow this feature!
EaPhilSixeFly
Jogger

I just submitted the same complaint to Fitbit.  This enhancement is necessary, otherwise the Spotify app is pretty useless.

MarkWiese
First Steps

This feature is an absolute must. The only time I ever want to use Spotify control on my Charge 4 is when I'm exercising. I was extremely disappointed to find out this isn't possible.

Bboymurch
First Steps

Seriously, how is this not a feature already? One of the "selling points" of the Charge 4 is spotify control. They need to add this ASAP, otherwise I will be seeking a refund. Horrible marketing practices. 

Hoagie911
First Steps

Yes, this is a bummer. I keep my phone in an arm band or somewhere close when I am working out while listening to music. Always a hassle if I wanted to change or pause the song. I was super excited to get the charge 4 thinking I could have some control over my music but I was wrong. Makes no sense to have the ability to workout and not have the ability to control my music. I am seriously looking for another tracker.

Army46ny
First Steps

I fully support making this change.  The Spotify control is useless if you can't access it while exercising. 

Leedanb
First Steps

Addressing this limitation is an absolute a must in the next software update...I will probably purchase another fitness watch (not Fitbit) if this change isn't made soon...controlling music is essential...

Deechte
Runner

Really horrible marketing. Selling a fitness tracker with Spotify control, that doesn't allow Spotify control while exercising

Joew39
First Steps
It’s as bad as marketing it as having built in gps, that only works if you select phone gps 🤦🏼‍:male_sign:

Kind Regards

Joe westley
MedievalOnion
Jogger

Returning my Fitbit 4, the whole reason I got it was so that I could track my runs and control my Spotify easily.  What's the point of having Spotify controlled by your Fitbit, if you can't also use the Fitbit for how it's intended? 

imrul
Jogger

Need to be able to use spotify control while workout sessions are on. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a spotify integration otherwise!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I wish I found this out before I purchased the charge 4, for exactly the reason of being able to control Spotify from my wrist when I was running. Seems I cannot and rather disappointed that this hasn’t been looked at or fixed by now judging by number of people who have said the same.

so Fitbit, any answer/thoughts on this?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.