Choose type of diet for Macros

I think you should make the food log with the ability to choose what type of diet you are following like low carb, keto, etc. That way the net carbs are calculated as well and percentages can be managed better. I am currently thinking I am going to have to use a different app. I would love to keep fitbit, but it doesn't allow for the managing of my macros.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

40 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
We all know that diet is a huge part of losing weight, and it would be a massive help (even if it was a premium feature) to be able to customize your dietary intake and adjust things like Macro Goals right within the app. There are TONS of other apps that easily do this, but it would be handy to have everything in one app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to choose type of diet for Macros. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

OLSON221
First Steps

I agree, it would be great to have choices.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlyA13 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

GHD
Recovery Runner

So we've survived 2020.  It's January 15, 2021.  Think we can start this year with finding out that Fitbit has finally made the option for other dieting methods, including Keto?  I need to  knock it down to one app or I just won't keep up with it.  Thank you.

TheWineLover
Jogger

Are you KIDDING ME????? We STILL don't have a way of tracking our Keto methodology with Fitbit? FOUR FREAKING YEARS since the OP requested this and Fitbit STILL is ignoring us???? Now, I highly regret purchasing my Sense...  What is wrong with you, Fitbit???? Why are you giving the middle finger to your users!???!!? #HighlyAngry #CorporateBS #KickTheLittleGuyclose

Sillypunk
First Steps

At least let's track sugar alcohols so we can figure out our own net carbs. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to be able to choose what nutrients I want to track & not have to track nutrients I don't want to track. It needs to be a feature for everyone know matter if you have premium or not because not everyone wants premium or even likes premium. The reason I don't track my food on Fitbit is not being able to choose what nutrients I want to track and not have to track others

inkyhaus
First Steps
The Fitbit app gives different suggestions, and it would be good if these were a little more personalised and specific to the user.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @inkyhaus, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to select what type of diet you're using. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in these other suggestions: Calorie surplus diet plan and Diet plans.

I hope to see you around.

MrsH81
Jogger

Please add this feature

TaniaRyl
Strider
Basic healthy diets. information about nutrition. doctor's recommendations
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TaniaRyl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having an option to manage diets and nutrition. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

TracyHart
First Steps

Yes.  I would like to set my own macros and know when I am reaching/surpassing the goals I set for myself.  I do Keto and it is impossible to track on fitbit.  I will use Lose it and have it sync my steps.  I would love to use only the fitbit app for all of my health needs, but for me, it is not possible.  

Katiebel
Jogger

I love tracking everything in FitBit, but it makes it more difficult when I have to calculate net carbs. Keto is so popular nowadays, I think it's time to include this. And it's not just for keto, there are many who may want net carbs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.