Citibank credit support for Fitbit Pay

The Fitbit Pay is useless to me as is. I only use one card and it is a citi VISA (Costco). Please add support for citi credit cards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

236 Comments
JonStrong
Recovery Runner

Citi is way beyond caring what a handful of individuals do. Loss of one, a hundred, or several thousand accounts doesn't even amount to a rounding error on the last digit of their income statement. They count their customers in the millions. Sadly, the message is that a small number of disgruntled customers isn't enough to move the needle and get them to respond. It isn't even enough for them to assign a human being to responding to requests or complaints.

While I fault Citi for this, I'd think Google, owning FitBit, could have initiated conversations with Citi -- they might have been taken seriously.

In the end, I think we're just left with deciding for ourselves whether the value proposition makes sense for us. I have a Citi card because it's tied to my Costco account, and the combo has been worthwhile. I'm disappointed the account can't be integrated with my Sense, but frankly I can pay by waving my phone over the credit card terminal, so I'm not seriously hampered by this. Disappointing all around. When it comes to upgrade time, I may rethink this feature, and if it's important to me I'll be sure to verify that whatever smartwatch I buy supports the credit cards I use. I won't assume that any future changes will provide features I really want.

StuHome3
First Steps

4.5 years pending and no resolution.  What is going on?

Renrav
First Steps

Another case of fitbit pay being useless since my primary cc is a citi card.

JLGardner17
First Steps

I agree with this.  Please get Citi support!  I also only use the Citi Costco visa for literally everything and would love this feature on my Versa

FatSkiBum
Recovery Runner

Have patience as Google Pay is supposed to be working by year end. CITI is show as acceptable on Google Pay.

Sent from my iPhone:

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

63kk0
Jogger

Well folks, the death-knell has sounded on FitBit watches and getting Citi as a payment option: https://store.google.com/US/product/google_pixel_watch

Capitanbob
First Steps

Citibank not on Fitbit?  This thread goes all the way back to 2018 (maybe further). Is there any point in continuing to lobby for this?  What is the issue and what is being done?  
Someone from Fitbit/Google (with real info) please advise!

Mark.Emagin
Jogger

Waiting and hoping. This is frustrating!
Does anyone have any REAL INFO on how big corps like Citi and Google can't make an agreement here?
This is not just Citi Costco cardholders, but all Citi cards right? Seems like a LOT of people affected by this.

Could the mods post any insights into this.

For me the question is, Do I get another card just for this feature?
My phone does not support NFC.
Thank you

Gatman
Recovery Runner

Honestly - I'd get a new phone before I'd screw around with different credit cards.  I use ApplePay on my phone all the time and even though I have cards set up on my Fitbit, it's easier to just click on the phone and hold it up to the terminal.  No PIN to enter since I have Face recognition. 

As for Citicards coming to Fitbit, I wouldn't hold my breath on this getting fixed any time soon.  Note the following:

1.  Google owns Fitbit

2.  GooglePay works with Citibank

3.  FitbitPay doesn't work with Citibank

Google bought Fitbit in November 2019 - so just over 3 years ago.  They should just implement GooglePay into Fitbit and quit messing around already, but then you wouldn't buy a Google Pixel watch.  So I doubt any banks will ever get added now.

lsny123
Jogger

Please work with Citibank to add it to Fitbit Pay.  Thank you.

LibraSun
Recovery Runner

Seven years after this thread began, I'm delighted to report:

"Fitbit is updating contactless payments feature from Fitbit Pay to Google Wallet. This update will increase the number of banks and cards that are available for contactless payments on your Fitbit device and let you pay quickly everywhere Google Pay is accepted."

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.