Clock face stats without scrolling Charge 5

Please offer a basic clock face with digital date, time, steps, calories burned, heart rate without having to scroll. Charge 4 had one I enjoyed.
62 Comments
Rbuh22
First Steps
I am considering returning mine as well. Very annoying!
ariahrenee
Jogger

Totally agree with this! I just updated from the Versa Lite to the Charge 5 and there's no "Stats Heavy" clock face. 😓 I rely on that to get through my day. It's so frustrating having to tap to find the stat I want. 

JazzDave
First Steps

I agree with most of the comments I've seen on the Charge 5 clock faces. I would personally like to see one with Date, Time, Steps, and Heart Rate on a single display. I would prefer something like the Charge 4's Retro Double Stack. Closest I can come on the 5 is the Slash face, which IMO is truly ugly, and I REALLY don't like having part of the time cut off. I'm currently using Continuum, but switching the display between steps and heart rate when I'm walking is a major nuisance.

Calton831
First Steps

I entirely agree, I may return my Fitbit Charge 5. Aside from the fact that I like the option of black and white, my favorite part of the Charge 4 was the screen that showed clearly the: Time, Date, Steps, HR, Calories and Distance. All the things I need to know in one clean screen, I don't even remember swiping for almost the entire time I had my Charge 4. Might as well go back? 

Pari5
First Steps

There’s so much improvement needed on these clock faces, there’s no where to go but up. These have such great potential as far as screen capabilities, Fitbit can do so much better. Can’t wait to see the new ones! 🤞🏼

djp7895
First Steps

I’ve been a fitbit user since the beginning. Charge 5 has been a big disappointment in many ways. This thread is about letting people have more watch face options. The watch faces for Charge 5 are maddening. It would take no time for Fitbit to create a few more or open up community design options like with your other devices. People are asking for stats heavy faces, one with simpler design, and some configuration options. Personally, I want: Date, time and steps visible in a simple layout. This isn’t an option. It’s absurd. You’ve designed a health tracking device that makes it harder for people to see THEIR key metric(s). It makes no sense. 

wil2006
Jogger

Quite shocked at the limited clock faces on charge 5!

Surely most people getting a function / data heavy Watch want to be able to … you know … see the data easily rather than having to go through swipe or click hell to see what they want ???

I mean it’s nice that Fitbit employed some budding graphic designer to design fancy clocks but where the hell is my data ??? Seriously 🤦‍:male_sign: 

At least offer something with the data like slash but without the weird graphic corruption.

Charge 5 is definitely a fail regarding clock faces.

feeling like Charge 5 is a mistake atm.

lilbit97
First Steps

I would like to see the "Stats Heavy" face I have for my Charge 4 for the Charge 5.  Please!!!!!!

VronJ
Recovery Runner

I agree that the HR5 clock face choices don't give me what I want - the HR4 clock face did, so why change a good thing? I want time, date, steps, HR, calories all visible at the same time - the HR 5 options are all about looks rather than functionality. I just wish Fitbit would bring in one moire clock face asap rather than just thanking us for our comments!!

VronJ
Recovery Runner

I agree that the HR5 clock face choices don't give me what I want - the HR4 clock face did, so why change a good thing? I want time, date, steps, HR, calories all visible at the same time - the HR 5 options are all about looks rather than functionality. I just wish Fitbit would bring in one moie clock face asap rather than just thanking us for our comments!!

bakagamu
First Steps

The band clip just came apart on my charge 4, so I thought about upgrading, but I'm glad I looked up the available faces first.

Mind blowing to me that there is no stat focused face, all of them are this artsy crap. Imagine having several analogue clock faces but no stats sheet on a FITNESS TRACKER. It's almost like the people who buy the charge are looking for stats and not style.

JoshWithTheLegs
First Steps

Just upgraded from a years old Inspire HR to a Charge 5, and wow... There is only one screen I would even tentatively describe as usable. The rest are like kaleidescopes. They're more concerned with "look at your many pixels we have" than providing the information that I bought this thing to see.

Christopherv
Recovery Runner

How is there still not a clock face that just lists all the stats as numbers without scrolling? I don't get it. This seems rather simple to do.

JohnTheJogger
First Steps

Yep...this is retarded.....if I could send this thing back, I would....most annoying thing ever...

SheriffPianalto
First Steps

09-21-2021 original comment date.  I wish I would have seen this before I purchased this Charge 5.  I would not have bought it if I would have know they have not taken steps to correct simple font size or create new face layouts in two years.  very shady business people. get it fixed.  I might start using social media to let other suckers like me know before they purchase

hdemore111
Jogger

I just bought 2 Charge 5’s.  VERY disappointed ☹️…Barely any clock faces to choose from - the ones they have are not really functional (I am looking for: time/date, battery %, steps, activity).  Also, super ugly…what the heck!

JohnTheJogger
First Steps

Return them before it's too late....honestly, its the most annoying thing ever....it's so annoying having to tap tap tap....

Fitbit obviously don't care...or don't use their own products or something...

hdemore111
Jogger
Sounds like a good plan thanks

Helen
suew52
First Steps

update please on clockfaces. I'm moving from a Charge 2 and no problem to see how many cals burned throughout the day. tapping is a pain - however many colours your clockface is showing.

j_w_660
First Steps

I want date, horizontal time, AZM, steps, calories, and HR.  Slashed is close, but still manages to be inconvenient.  It would be nice to select the color and stats for my home screen.

Nschickle
Recovery Runner

Alright I've avoided coming on here recently but whenever I try to use the email to respond... It says the inbox is full and my comment isn't added. Nice. Anyways love how the new face has the time and uh one stat. Not even the date. THE DATE. As a developer I seriously can't understand why you don't port over heavy stats from the charge 4. That's it. All everyone wants.

VronJ
Recovery Runner

I'm with you - it makes no sense whatsoever. Fitbit can't have asked users before taking away such useful features.

jammo
First Steps
Please allow a basic clock face with the ability to customise what stats you see on screen without tapping or swiping.

Or allow the use of clock faces from previous Fitbit charge versions.

Specifically I am want to see
- date
- time
- steps
- heart rate

The only face available for this is 'slashed' and that cuts off the time!!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jammo, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to customize what stats you see on Charge 5 screen without tapping or swiping. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

GodLovesMy
First Steps
Better clock faces. Simpler design, ability to show more than 1 stat on the screen at once. Change the colours to custom suit the individual.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.