Compare Exercises stats over time

Fitbit should have a feature where you can compare your exercises. As an example if you went on your normal run, then the next day you run it again. You then should be able to see all your stats compared to each other from both of the runs. This would help see the areas you need to improve in and what you are improving in.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

48 Comments
bfill1985
Recovery Runner

Since the Surge is marketed heavily as a run tracking watch to rival Garmins etc, my suggestion is to have an additional Run-specific dashboard feature, showing all running history, personal leaderboard of fastest 5k's, 10k's etc (maybe an option to include Fitbit Friends fastest times too?), average pace ran at. Average heartrate during runs over a given distance. All these will help us better analyse performance and track progress (which is why we bought the Surge, right?). Personal leaderboard for fastest times for particular routes would also be good.

Fitbit just does not give me enough of an holistic analysis at present... but all of the data is there... just a case of harnessing that data and presenting effectively. Surge/Fitbit so close to being great, but at present falling short because of this (in my humble opinion).

Moderator edit: Labels

runPhilrun
Base Runner

I 100% agree with this post.  I was coming here to post the same thing.  I loved how my Nike GPS watch and my Garmin GPS watch and dashboards would keep a history of all of your running activities.  These are very important to a runner.  Total miles by week, month, year and total.  Average pace, average distace and personal records would all be great to see on the dash board.  

Running stats seperate from the activities.  

dbanderson1
Recovery Runner

I agree... I enjoyed Nike+ because of the records and trophies for setting PRs in 1k 1mi 5k 10k etc... also seeing how average pace / average distance / average time helped me evaluate if I was getting faster.

larmckeon
Jogger

I have to agree with everything here. My garmin had all the running stats I need. The Fitbit app needs to act more like this, with running stats that all runners crave.

The Surge is promotes like a running device without these features

Jhemp
Jogger

One more agreement!  Nike+ seems much more intuitive.

rpost
Premium User
Jogger

let me see my running stats, please.  i don't care about steps!  I want to see how many miles I've run in a week, month, qtr, year, etc.   Please give me a dashboard where i can see this and not have to sift through all the dialy "miles" i log while walking through life.  

This surge is a fitness super watch....please add this information quickly and don't make it premium content.   

Thank you.   

dbanderson1
Recovery Runner

For those of you who are unaware they have integrated with Strava!  It should upload your previous workouts and calculated the running stats.  Here is the link to activate:

http://strava.fitbit.com/

I almost prefer this over having them add these stats to the regular dashboard.

https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-and-strava-join-forces-for-fitness-and-sports-tracking-1136

rpost
Premium User
Jogger
It doesn't seem to work. I've run and hiked since connecting my two accounts, nothing shows up in strava.

Sent from my iPhone
Vfpfm
Recovery Runner

I think this a a awesome idea, one thing I miss the most is an average speed. I like average pace and all, but an average speed of each kilometer of each run a historical average would be awesome!

aggiekate
First Steps

YES!!! I NEED THIS!

craigmelb75
Stepping Up

I agree with this sugguestion, and would go further.  I would like to see better analysis of not only my runs but other activities as well, such as cycling and any other activity type.  Stats such as distance, speed, hrs.  I would like to see if I'm working harder than I was last year or 3 months ago.  Am I doing more runs, going further, faster?  What is my calory burn, max/ave hr.  I would like to see this for separate activity types and also for other stats that make sense, to combine a number of activity types to give me a complete picture of how I'm doing.  I use runkeeper at the moment to analysis these stats but would prefer to do it in Fitbit.  The calory history is the closest I can see, but it is so limited.  The data is there, please give us the tools to see and analysis it.

MasterH
Jogger

I completely agree.

I think this is fundamentally essential if you wish to easily track your performance progress! Which I think is the reason most of us use a fitbit. At present it seems you either have to scroll down and dip in and out of activities, (therefore not able to cross compare at a glance), or as a fitbit moderator has recommended, split your screen and comparing activities that way. Neither very convenient.

Hopefully an improvement is possible.

Arefin
First Steps

I think this feature would be awesome, we just need more people to recognize this 🙂

earlsleek1
Jogger

Yes we must have the lifetime running stats it seems everyone is in agreement and it seems to be the thing everyone wants. so the ball is in your court Fit-bit.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nick20401 thanks for your participation in the Feature Request board.This will help a lot of users to improve their exercise and performance by comparing results. 

Keep sharing your ideas and vote for those that already exist. 

vegar_m
Jogger

I agree. It should definetly be more automatic comparisations between your exercises, like Runkeeper. They are really good at this. Until Fitbit comes with this feature, I have to use Runkeeper to quickly see my progress. 

arungupta2008
Jogger

It would be great idea if we could runnnig cashboard. I don't bother about Steps. I only bother about running stats. 

BurakG
Jogger

This is indeed a very important feature because the main objective of Fitbit is to improve ourselves. It is crucial to see our improvements to keep staying motivated.

Gilly6
Recovery Runner

I would like to suggest a running log that enables the evaluation of miles run over a long span of time (year or more) and compare running stats side by side (pace, distance, times,...). I like to monitor the wear on my shoes by time and miles. This would be a great enabler for that function.

runningTO
First Steps

I thought this feature would be obvious. I see now that it was suggested 2 years ago. Not hopeful. Maybe the next update? 

runningTO
First Steps

PLEASE, I'd love a way to compare runs with other runs and workouts with others. This is the only way to see how we're improving. Plus maybe a way to see % changes over time!  

xnoellezoe
First Steps

Well, when is this happening? I'd love to see this feature!!

I just started running and i'd love to see my progress 🙂

Please can this happen in the next update?

tafty
Jogger

Love my surge for general fitness but must admit I still also wear a garmin for running as I like to see and compare my stats from run to run. and unfortunately Fitbit just doesn't have the software to do this.

Helbean2
Jogger

I agree, I would love this feature, I know its available on strava but I don't subscribe so only have a limited view of past activities, I think its something like 60 days worth which is handy to look at but not like having full access to your previous efforts

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.