Compare Exercises stats over time

Fitbit should have a feature where you can compare your exercises. As an example if you went on your normal run, then the next day you run it again. You then should be able to see all your stats compared to each other from both of the runs. This would help see the areas you need to improve in and what you are improving in.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

48 Comments
blackboab
First Steps

fully agree with this. it is a shame that we have no tool to give an in-depth analysis of performance of time. For example the comparison of runs over the same course would be great

JanezZavasnik
Jogger

Hi,

You already enable to compare inside RUN exercise last distance to previous distancira, but it would be good od it would be Also ppssible to compare Hart rate, splits and other statistics. If I scrolled to most right screen there was compare to previous runs. If I would be on Hart rate screen, I would scrolled down and saw previous Hart rate graphs.

Regards, Janez

tomkirnic
First Steps

I would like to be able to compare stats for runs for say the last 6 months, so I can track and see progress over time.  Have I got faster and such like.  I would like to be able to do this for other activities too, bike for example.

Grahammac
First Steps

Hi,

I have been talking with your Team (Luis) asking about how do I see visuals on my dashboard on how's my fitness.

I see a lot of information on the dashboard on how many step I did, floors, lbs did I gain or lose, calories, goals.

what I am looking for is how's my fitness goal and has a go compare tab. I want to know how my run compared at the Park today to last week at the park, did I improve or not. was my fastest mile faster than the last time etc... is my heart rate over the duration of the run higher or lower?

even my Vo2 Max, you can give me a guide on where you think I am, and potential on where I could be, but you cant show how far I have come.

I can go to your website to purchase a new watch and guess what I can compare 4 watches, why cant I compare 4 runs?

if we are only tracking progress on weight, why not have a fatbit instead of a fitbit.

DinoTunes
Stepping Up

I suport this 

Linesau
First Steps

Definitely support this! This is the number one thing I wish my versa had the capability to do. My husband and I like to compare stats before /after runs for motivation. 

@Gilly6 wrote:

I would like to suggest a running log that enables the evaluation of miles run over a long span of time (year or more) and compare running stats side by side (pace, distance, times,...). I like to monitor the wear on my shoes by time and miles. This would be a great enabler for that function.

Kileigh
First Steps

Though I fully enjoy using my Fitbit, I believe Fitbit could better its product, as any good product, there's room to grow. My idea is fairly simple in theory, I believe.  On the app I'd like to be able to click on a specific workout (i.e. elliptical) and compare that to all the other times I've done that work out.

Basically,  when I click on elliptical,  I want a chart comparing all the times I've logged in my minutes working out on the elliptical for that specific work out and the previous elliptical work outs. Right there at a glance. Similar to that of the sleep chart. Even just being able to see the last 30 work outs would be nice.

Thank you for taking the time to read my idea.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Kileigh! Thanks for sharing your suggestion with the Fitbit Community. I merged it to this similar idea so you can give kudos to vote for the suggestion even if the current status is in "not currently planned". 

RichardEk
Recovery Runner

E.g. I want to compare my swimming exercises in the list of hundreds of different exercises. Please make it possible! 🙂

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RichardEk! I moved your suggestion here because the idea already exists. Please give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

19leus97
Recovery Runner

It would be great if we can have some diary of our runs in app. How many km did we run in total. How many runs have we done. And amazing funcion would be if we could see our progress. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @19leus97! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your idea. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

LordPeaches
Jogger

Similar to how you can compare average heart rate or weight over time, I would love to be able to compare my average running pace over time. Currently, I have to plug my stats into an external spreadsheet to track everything, which is not optimal. It would also be nice to be able to compare things like distances ran, average heart rate during exercise, total time ran, etc.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LordPeaches, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Antenna
Jogger

I would like to be able to sort the activities in the activity log by activity type. In this way I can compare my bike rides, my runs, etc and keep track on my progress. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Antenna, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RunStats
First Steps

As a runner who loves using my FitBit to track and monitor my runs I'd love to see a feature to see more running stats. 

Total KM's run, average pace over time and even to compare individual runs to each other. I know for running shoes you're supposed to replace them after so many KM's so having this information accessible would be great.
It would also be beneficial to be able to see improvements and to monitor progression over time. 

It may be far fetched, but running path suggestions according to your location and how long you want to run for would be cool too - especially in order to mix up workouts. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RunStats, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more stats for runners. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

caitlinar
First Steps

This is a feature I want SO much. I use tracking my average pace over time for motivation and currently have to import my data into another app to do so—I really wish I could just use the Fitbit app instead!

Annalog
First Steps
Would like to easily view running stats, such as distance and pace, plotted over longer periods of time (years).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Annalog, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to compare running stats over time. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Vzbx
Jogger

Yes, I would like to compare running stats over time instead of scrolling through all activities to find runs then clicking to get full stats, which is impractical. Seeing running stats side by side enables you to see progress over time. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.