Connect Fitbit Pay with Paypal

I checked the fitbit pay bank list and it just seems strange that you have your own (very limited) list of banks you directly connect credit cards with, while there are already payment platforms out there that

1. have way more (if not ALL) banks connected

2. are already in use by the people that are entering your system (I already HAVE paypal, google pay, I do NOT want to mess around connecting my bank details to ANOTHER platform) 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

97 Comments
Soloct
First Steps

Just got my Fitbit Sense, and feeling disappointed as I cannot add any of my credit cards in Germany to Fitbit Pay😣. For the last 2.5 years people are pleading for Paypal payment, are you even considering it?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm not sure if paypal, a virtual card can be connect to Fitbit, a virtual card service. 

This may require a stand alone PayPal app.

However do not blame fitbit for a lack of banks, instead ask your bank to implement Fitbit pay. I day this because Fitbit can not add banks, the banks have to add fitbit. 

Guerilla223
First Steps
No, we can blame Fitbit. They advertise the pay feature but don't tell you
its limitations. You have to dig to find it. PayPal has an App, my phone
has PayPal app to pay.

People are buy the Fitbit sense now under the same thought process and are
being let down. For the amount of money you pay, you should be able to
get get at least a functional pay system.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit has all the hooks setup. However they do not have the ability to log into any, let alone every bank, to implement Fitbit pay. If paypal wanted?

This is the same for Apple, Garmin, Samsung, etc. None if them has a say over who decides to add them. 

vasho
First Steps

Fitbit has a very limited number of banks. There are countries where no bank is on the Fitbit list. For example in which I live. this is Georgia. We have 3 largest banks. TBC BANK, VTB BANK, GEORGIAN BANK. But none of the banks are on the list. Unfortunately I do not have FITBIT PAY - I can not use this feature in my country. There are too many people who suffer from this problem. Please help us and make it all easier. Just activate GOOGLE PAY or PAYPAL. Thank you.

Herrline
First Steps

So when can we expect the fitbit wrist pay to come to the UK? 

It was a reason I bought two of the new sence watches for myself and my wife? Only to find the UK banks are not supported? How can fitbit make a product to pay via the wrist and not support the country there selling the fitbits in? Thats very poor sales advice and advertising? 

So when are fitbit to include British banks? They should have been before selling a device stating that you can pay by wrist? In that country? 

And why can we not have PayPal as a means too? That's a recognised world wide payment system? 

I have android pay, Google pay, Samsung pay? Then we find you need fitbut pay? Any of the above should be recognised? And as android, Samsung, Google should connect to your wrist and pay via the wrist to anyone of the payments on the phone? Like an extension of the phone? But using the wrist instead of the phone? It makes sence?

It doesn't make sence not to make a product available in a country and not be able to use what is advertised? So come on fitbit get your fingers out and get it set up for the UK there are 65 million people in the UK and many have fitbits? We are not asking for something extra to what you offer just the watch to do what you advertise! As at this time its not fit for purpose and not as advertised which is an adverting miss reprentation 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hi @Herrline their already are a few UK banks that have chosen to support Fitbit pay. 

If your bank has not decided to support Fitbit pay yet. Please contact the support number on the card and encourage them to get with the program. 

Fitbit has everything setup and the next step is up to the bank. 

Herrline
First Steps
Where do I find said card? Like I said in the message the UK high street banks virtually all use are
Nat west
Barclays
Black horse
Yorkshire Bank
HSBC
Santander
Virgin
Halifax

These are the most important banks the others are miniscule so they would be glad of the business its thecmajor Banks fitbut should be working with? Failing that PayPal would be glad to run the buisness and there worldwide so fitbut could link with them or Google pay thats another worldwide payment system they all pay straight from the bank why start a completely new system? Regards Graham.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Herrline I normally would look in my wallet for my credit card, but I'm not sure where you normally keep your credit card. 

Fitbit has everything setup for a bank to add Fitbit pay, if the bank is having an issue, the larger banks will not, then they can reach out to Fitbit. I'm sure Fitbit will be able to help. This process is no different for the bank then it would be to add Samsung, Apple, Garmin, or Google pay. 

It is estamated that their are 25000 banks in the world so I don't know if we can expect Fitbit to reach out to everyone. 

Herrline
First Steps
Like yours! Its in my wallet kn my pocket! The idea of course is you can leave it safe at home and use your smart devices to pay for what you require and not have to carry your wallet and credit cards? FitBit help say we have to check a card? What card that is i have no idea? And speak to the bank? Were only the small peas and not the company that states "you pay from your wrist"? Unless your in one of the American states you cant use it? Shame they didn't make sure all the high street banks were on board before srating that you can but cant pay this way? So not worth the money I paid as its not fit for purpose, such a shame, having said that there not the first to do this android pay was four years behind apple pay! And yet android are far bigger than apple in that department, but by the time as I see it if FitBit are similar to android the watch could be worn out before the high Street banks accept it? So thanks for your input always acceptable fir any input as the chats are moderated by FitBit and all comments are scrutinised cheers

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

On the back of your credit card is a contact number for help. Call this number and ask the bank why they have decided not to support Fitbit pay. 

Guerilla223
First Steps
I started this thread and have finally gave up. I switch to Galaxy Active
2. Firbit doesn't know of they are coming or going. They are in the middle
a settlement to get bought out by Google. I owned the ionic and it worked
great till they started the crappy updates. Then it started to disconnect
from my Samsung phone continously.

The pay never worked because it was a proprietary application to fitbit.
They never fully took the time to develop it correctly.

The new watch has the same issues. It is a last ditch effort for them to
make the company profitable before its purchased by Google.

Fitbit was the first and it was good but gave up. My battery life on my
active 2 is two days compared to ionic 4 days but I will deal with that
since the watch can be charged wireless by my phone.
mpjf01
First Steps

Another vote for Paypal, although given the time that has elapsed since this was first suggested it seems never to happen unfortunately. Neither my Visa cards or my Mastercard are supported and the banks involved aren't interested in making it happen. Unless one of the more generic payment platforms gets supported by Fitbit then there's no hope for those of us using the "lesser" banks. 

The limitations should really be emphasised to prospective buyers in the advertising material - the implications of what I read before purchase was that all banks were supported. Most prospective purchasers don't understand the intricacies of the banking/contactless payment arrangements and which party is responsible for what. It might be obvious to those who know, but it's certainly not to those who's life priorities are elsewhere.

Herrline
First Steps
News is that Google are in advanced talks to buy fitbit! And it won't go to a monopolis commission due that they take less than 25% of the market between them! So if Google do in fact vontinue the talks and an agreement is made then Google pay will come to the fitbit market of devices and Google pay is already
Widely accepted by major banks, as android pay? So you would see this been rolled out? Because fitbit don't use android pay and use there own its not supported by the big banks but once Google get there hands on it I would imagine they would bring there android pay to fitbit! Hopefully, then fitbits will be able to be used for what its advertised to be able to do? Its a win win for fitbit users hopefully?

Gbelfi
First Steps

Yes. I live in Italy, where the list isn't as extensive as in usa. Probably never will be. I use Paypal  don't want to use other services. 

Herrline
First Steps
PayPal probably the best pay by service ever?

Sarahem429
First Steps

So it's been a over 2 years since this went under consideration. Is anything actually going to happen with this or is it just false hope? 

Guerilla223
First Steps
I started this thread two years ago and No...I switched to Samsung this
year and couldn't be happier. It does so much more. Yes, battery life is
alot less but I can charge my watch with my phone by using battery share.
It lasts about two days with workouts and daily use. Non LTE. I can
answer phone calls, text.
Phil0033
First Steps

Totally agree. 

Amazingly let down that the almost none of the banks in the UK are listed. 

Not even the option to pay with PayPal...??? As the back up option that most people use... 

It seems so many of the reasons I got the Fitbit Sense, and stupidly assumed too much, aren't possible. Using the watch to pay is such an obvious thing to make work for everyone - as in if you can't do all the major banks at least go with the most widely used international payment options like PayPal!

Please update quickly as this (and being able to stream it download Spotify playlists..) is reactors to having A 'SMART' watch.

Kind regards

Phil

MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner
Fitbit will contact with PayPal, if you request the PayPal debit card from
PayPal themselves first. Paypal will send you a free debit card (the fancy
chip type) that you can use at stores and use to get cash out. But you can
ALSO enter the debit card into Fitbit and it will work!
Herrline
First Steps
Hi, fitbit has now come under Google so hopefully Google will make changes to allow digital pay via Google pay or PayPal? They only took fitbit mantle in the first month of 2021 so it will no doubt take a little while for Google to organise fitbit as they need to so we will have to be a little bit more patient unfortunately!

bacsom
First Steps

MinnesotanJeff: only if you live in a country where it is available. In Central Europe, it is not... 😞

AlanBrowne
First Steps

I have to agree 

It’s awful that there is such a limited amount of banks for some countries 

Fitbit you seriously need to add PayPal or google pay 

Or preferably more banks ! 

LuvForAirplanes
First Steps

@SantiR Could you please give us some sort of timeline this will be done in? FitBit is great, but when ya'll huddle in a corner with a few select banks and payment methods, well... that's kinda frustrating. 😉 🙂 And what about Google Pay? The Google Pay ticket was opened years ago. Has nothing been done on them? I bought a Charge 4, but I guess I should have researched it first and bought a Galaxy Watch.

AlanBrowne
First Steps
Ya I should have to
Ended up getting an Apple Watch SE 44mm which is amazing :fire:
Sent from Alan’s iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.