Continuous Glucose Monitoring

New blood glucose measuring technology is rapidly advancing with more non-invasive methods looking likely to enter the market this year. As a Type 1 Diabetic it's a real pain (literally sometimes) to have to hurt my finger several times a day to get a glucose reading. One of the new methods of non-invasive glucose monitoring is using a laser to measure the amount of glucose in the blood. http://www.gluco-wise.com/ If Fitbit could somehow integrate similar technology into the wrist watches it could open up a significant revenue stream and also would help improve diabetic glucose monitoring. The benefits of this would be enormous for health departments, particularly in the UK where Diabetes is becoming more prevalent and people are suffering health issues due to poor diabetes management. Also add insulin reminders.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels and Word choice

112 Comments
bupps
Jogger
It gives me notifications but not my glucose levels. It would be so awesome

Get Outlook for iOS
nyk007
First Steps
- Reminders for medication
- Stats and sync for BP and Glucose readings.
justmeR3
First Steps

I wish they would give an option to add a note or even a 1-10 score for general health each day. It makes a big difference if you miss a workout or have unusual stats as a result of illness (especially for those with chronic health conditions like me). I would like to see a way of viewing my stats with reminder that I happened to be ill or not that day. Whether migraines, asthma flair ups, or even a bad cold, having the option to have some type of note or score about general health would be valuable to the history and analysis. I'd love to see how many days I can go feeling well and how much more I accomplish with my sleep and fitness goals during those spurts.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nyk007, thank you for sharing this suggestions. I've moved it into a similar request.  We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Miki81
Recovery Runner
Hi, i would suggest increasing the timer on the Charge 4 to include hours. As of right now it only goes up to 60mins. As a diabetic type 1 I find it quite useful to put a 2h timer as a reminder to check my blood sugar levels 2h after my insulin injection.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Miki81, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see insulin reminders for people who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetics. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Miki81
Recovery Runner
Thank you so much!!!!
kdputah
Recovery Runner

I read today that the Apple Watch Series 7 is rumored to feature blood glucose monitoring. See https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/25/apple-watch-series-7-blood-glucose-monitoring/

With the millions of people worldwide that have diabetes, this is groundbreaking news. Will Fitbit join Apple in addressing this need?

mplotsker
First Steps

Samsung and apple's next smartwatch offerings will include non-invasive glucometery (and pulse-wave BP i think).

I hope Fitbit will keep up with them and maybe surpass them in function and utility in their next fitbit watch. (and make it more affordable than apple and samsung if you want to stay in the game.)

Google this is your chance to leapfrog the incumbants. Make it happen and you will reap the rewards.

But first, continuous SpO2 would be a strong gesture to your current fitbit owners.

Thanks

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released with LifeScan OneTouch app. You can find more details here: How do I log health information in the Fitbit app? and LifeScan.

@LMcC88, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My Fitbit app is on my iPhone SE. Everything is up to date. But following the instructions in the link, I cannot find the tile to log my glucose levels. Is this just for Androids? Or should I wait till after the next update? 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alshort, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Continuous Glucose Monitoring with non-invasive glucose monitoring method. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.