Countdown timer that allows for more than 90 minutes

Very simple: I would like a countdown clock function that allows me to set a countdown for a length of time greater than 90 minutes (as is the current limitation).

Example:

00:00:00

The place holders representing:

Hours-minutes-seconds

70 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas @Freedomshocked

Let's see what other users have to say about this suggestion.

cecily.gray
Jogger

I would love to have a timer with these features as well!! An hours feature is exactly what I need on a timer.

OnMyHnr
First Steps

It doesn't need to be any more complicated than changing the minute options from 0-90 as it is now, to 0-1380.  That would allow a countdown from 0:00:01 to 23:59:59.

Simmo747
Jogger

Any progress on this??

GanCk
Jogger

it's such a simple feature that even my $30 casio can do it so elegantly.
just implement it to make Versa a truly smartwatch...

Tasheena
First Steps

Yes, please add more time time the countdown alarm, then I would be able to time my nighttime routine for every three hours without waking the baby or my husband 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really need this feature since I have to take medication every few hours. What made me decide on the Fitbit Versa was because it had a countdown timer, guess I should have checked that it could actually do what my ancient cheap Casio can do....

OnMyHnr
First Steps

Come on, Fitbit.  It's ridiculous that the watch is limited to a 90 minute countdown.  This is a trivial software modification.  Make it happen!

KarenLeah
Tempo Runner

Yes please! 

I need a longer countdown timer timer for medications. Why does a $300 smart watch not do this? 

I love you Fitbit, help me! 

ter59922
First Steps

PLEASE!!!  Just a simple timer as suggested.  Hours, minutes & seconds.  This can't be that difficult!

KarenLeah
Tempo Runner

Still no timer update. 

Such a simple thing for a complex watch. 

Fitbit please!

Mireille83
Jogger

It would be very helpful to have a countdown timer that counts down more than 99 minutes and 55 seconds. The hh:mm:ss model would be more useful.

Moderator edit: Label

Mireille83
Jogger

Please, a timer that counts in hours and minutes is very much needed for this watch. Just change mm:ss to hh:mm:ss.

This is meant to be a smart watch and I love it... Except for the countdown timer feature... 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mireille83, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

englishrose64
First Steps

As a flight crew a timer longer than 90 mins would be amazing... maybe  a 10 hr timer  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also need a timer that is greater than 60 minutes (Charge3).  I have to eat every 2.5 -3 hours.  I’m very surprised at the limitation.  I can’t use the alarms because the timing of my meals varies.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also need a timer that is greater than 60 minutes (Charge3).  I have to eat every 150-180 minutes.  I’m very surprised at the limitation.  I can’t use the alarms because the timing of my meals varies.

johnnyboy1
First Steps

I have been using a FitBit since 2012 and have bought probably 10 of them however, I have left the platform simply because I need a multi hour countdown timer to remind me to take my meds.  I heard the Charge 3 had such a  time so I bought one only to learn it won't allow me to set my 3 hour 45 min reminder!  Please fix this ASAP.  It's a quick patch that will bring back lots of folks like me who love the community but left cause of the lack of a med reminder.

Thank you!

Symetrisg
Jogger

My friends and I are in need of a timer that goes 16-20hrs. All that we can find are minute times or one that go no more than an hour. It would be great especially for those who are intermittent fasting 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Symetrisg! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. See you around.

Randall11
Jogger

This should be such a basic function. Very easy software function.  Regardless of what most users will use. A very  common use for a timer would be to remember to take a medication. I'm  sure very few people take medications in 99min intervals! 

Glen424
First Steps

Please add a longer countdown timer.  You have a huge crowd of flight attendants that would buy your product if this was available.  A small software update even!!

Thesjo1
First Steps

Is there a reason this isn't a thing hour, minutes, seconds timer can be down on my 25 dollar Adidas watch but I can't do it on my 250 dollar Ionic? Seems strange to me please address as soon as possible please and thank you. 

riztotheo
Jogger

I'm desperately in search of a simple timer app that lasts more than 99 minutes and will still run even after minimizing the app. Of every timer app offered, only 3 offer timers longer than 99 minutes, but none of them will run in the background or will ring if you exit the app. It's not practical to be forced to keep a timer app open for 2 hours just to have a countdown longer than 99 minutes. Is there anything anyone can do to help?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @riztotheo! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.