Customizable vibrations pattern for Silent Alarms

Could we please have an option to select from a list of possible vibration patterns for our Silent Alarms.

Selectable Vibration Patterns

• Flex Default (3 long, pause, repeat 3 long pattern until stopped)
  • Charge Default (3 long, pause, 3 long, snooze for 9 minutes, 3 long, pause, 3 long)
  • [NEW] Rapid (3 quick, pause, repeat 3 quick pattern until stopped)
  • [NEW] Rising Scale (1 quick, pause, 2 quick, pause, 3 quick, pause, 3 long, pause,repeat 3 long until stopped)

The patterns and repititions seem to differ between the Flex and Charge without any ability to change them back. I found the Flex vibrations to be a little too harsh and I felt they had the potential to wake up my wife.

I would personally be happy if the setting was per configured alarm or globally for the tracker. Either way, having a few selectable options for the vibration would mean that users could choose how they are woken up!

If you feel this is a useful suggestion please vote for it

Cheers

Al

Moderator Edit: Title, Format & Labels 

bigAPE | Melbourne, Australia | Software Developer

Flex - Charge - Charge HR - iPhone 6 - Apple OSX

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

211 Comments
Freedomshocked
First Steps

Add a customizable option to both the alarm and movement reminder allowing the user to set a personal vibration intensity, duration, and pattern- much like how most cell phones allow vibrations for incoming text messages or calls to be customized. 

For example, on my cell phone, all incoming texts and calls are set to high intensity vibration, longest possible duration, and in a pattern that is like the Christmas song "Jingle Bells" (buzz buzz buzz - buzz buzz buzz- buzz buzz buzz buzz buzzzzzzz). This combination best gets my attention, especially when I am asleep, at work, etc and *want* the interuption/reminder/alert.

I hardly ever notice my "reminder to move" as it is literally one single buzz- and that's it. 

VibrationMode
First Steps

Let’s make it possible to customize vibrations :

1. INTENSITY: there are 2 modes only for versa at the moment. Medium High. Why not adding a Low option ? Medium and High vibration modes are actually both too strong for me 

2. PATTERN:

alarm clock vibration pattern recently changed after un update. It used to vibrate twice and snooze automatically. Now it vibrates until you power it down. 

Why not letting the user define what he wants on the versa?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VibrationMode thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Shadowheart
First Steps

I love my Fitbit but I'm a heavy sleeper and the silent alarm just doesn't seem to wake me up. So if you could make it to where I could adjust how strong or weak the vibration is then that would be very helpful. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shadowheart, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

IrishKelly
Jogger
Please consider an option to adjust the vibration intensity.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @IrishKelly, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to adjust the vibration intensity on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Barbapazzi
First Steps
The watch now locks the ability to put vibrations ons sleep mode. Please allow the person to adjust the vibrations as needed
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Barbapazzi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding customizable vibrations pattern for sleep alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Cnhstreet
First Steps
Allow minor tailoring of vibration styles (e.g., long, short, double-tap vibrations). Would be great to be able to set certain activities (e.g., message vs general phone app notification, exercise goal, alarm, phone call) with different styles in order to differentiate the type of notification being received
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cnhstreet, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.