Customizable vibrations pattern for Silent Alarms

Could we please have an option to select from a list of possible vibration patterns for our Silent Alarms.

Selectable Vibration Patterns

• Flex Default (3 long, pause, repeat 3 long pattern until stopped)
  • Charge Default (3 long, pause, 3 long, snooze for 9 minutes, 3 long, pause, 3 long)
  • [NEW] Rapid (3 quick, pause, repeat 3 quick pattern until stopped)
  • [NEW] Rising Scale (1 quick, pause, 2 quick, pause, 3 quick, pause, 3 long, pause,repeat 3 long until stopped)

The patterns and repititions seem to differ between the Flex and Charge without any ability to change them back. I found the Flex vibrations to be a little too harsh and I felt they had the potential to wake up my wife.

I would personally be happy if the setting was per configured alarm or globally for the tracker. Either way, having a few selectable options for the vibration would mean that users could choose how they are woken up!

If you feel this is a useful suggestion please vote for it

Cheers

Al

Moderator Edit: Title, Format & Labels 

bigAPE | Melbourne, Australia | Software Developer

Flex - Charge - Charge HR - iPhone 6 - Apple OSX

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

211 Comments
Justin77
First Steps
Bump
Please implement this
VHJ
First Steps

The silent alarms can be improved by making them adjustable. A one level alarm does not work for everyome. Some people sleep sounde than others. Some are more sensitive to vibration than others. Make them adjustable so we can all be happy.

katka_f
Jogger

Yes yes yes, so much yes. I got my fitbit surge to make a heavy use out of silent alarms. I have to take medications every 3 hours and I was hoping this device will help me with those, esp. at nighttime. Unfortunately... They stop so quickly that I can't feel them at all. Multiple alarms are also not the best solution as there are only 8 silent alarms in total. Honestly, I feel that the number of silent alarms should be much larger and there should be a feature that the vibration goes off only when you press the button. Simply, silent alarms should be more adjustable and flexible.

VHJ
First Steps
Supposedly the fitbit folks are working hard on this problem.

--
Vaughn "Have A Good Day"
SubitoPiano
Jogger

I would hope so. If you look at the Feature Suggestions page this is one of the most widely requested featured.

Runt6
First Steps

Instead of the strange but standard 9 minute snooze option, Fitbit should include an update so users can change the duration up to 30 minutes (5, 10, 15, etc). 

CGN00
Jogger

I agree. The vibration should be much stronger. Option for alarm to keep going until turned off would be ideal. 

MS band 2 was great for this.

straightsix
First Steps

Is this ever gonna happen?  Is this a hardware or software change?  If it's software... hows it not done already, I can't imagine it being too complicated!

Cornflower
First Steps

My PEBBLE WATCH did ALL of this!

Now that Fitbit has bought PEBBLE, surely this feature is easily and quickly added via an update???  

I MISS MY PEBBLE!!!!!!!

Sebu
First Steps

Better vibrating alarm options are definitely needed!

MJWEIS
Jogger

Great idea.  I recently changed from Charge to Charge 2 and the alarms are much weaker and do not wake me.

VHJ
First Steps
I wonder when they're going to do something about this rather than just
sending messages from other people that would like to see it done.
djs06
First Steps

My new charge 2 does not wake me at all.  I wish the band on my Charge HR did not break.  That silent alarm could wake the dead.  I don't understand a stronger alarm in an older item.  It should work the other way around.  The other thing that my old charge would do was keep going until I turned it off.  Love the face and everything else about the Charge 2 but the silent alarms need to be fixed to where it can be adjusted.

lhdamiani
Jogger

@SantiR Any update on this?

It's quite frustrating to set up all the 8 alarms and just sleep right through it... since this was one of the features I thought I'd be using a lot.. this turns out to be just useless. 

By the amount of people requesting it, many posts, many discussions, this should have increased priority on Fitbit's //todo list... but seems

that you don't care much for what's going on the discussions lists... 😕 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/alarm-vibrations/m-p/1224609

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/alarm-vibrations/m-p/1224648#M44870

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Alarm-Should-Vibrate-Until-Dismissed/idi-p/17396...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Alarm-vibration-setting/m-p/699099#M11712

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Surge-Alarm-Not-Working-Properly/m-p/618215

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-Blaze-vibration-stronger/idi-p/1217806

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@lhdamiani Thanks for your interest on this. 

Currently, there are no updates regarding this feature yet. I'm sure Fitbit will let us know once an update is available regarding the silent alarms. I know it is taking a while, but we need to keep being patient with this. I also want this to happen!

See you around!

lhdamiani
Jogger

@SantiR Thanks for the answer! 

This is frustrating, because it's better to be honest and say: "FITBIT WILL NOT IMPLEMENT THIS". Their focus is just different, they are losing big part of the market to other weareables and they have to come up with something new (Alta, aria, blaze...) to get new users...

The priority of satisfying/creating something new for those who already have a fitbit seems just non-existant. 

This is driving me away from Fitbit and back to Garmin, and i cannot stop thinking that changing Garmin to Fitbit was a mistake that I shouldn't have made in the first place.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@lhdamiani You are very welcome! I understand. However, I cannot confirm that as we have not received any updates yet! Stay tuned and thank you again for your feedback! 

RRozi
First Steps

Just got the Charge 2 as an upgrade to my Charge HR. Great in all respects except- VERY disappointed to have found out this morning when my alarm vibration or lack thereof did not wake me up. Even when I was awake and it vibrated I could hardly feel it. My charge HR vibrating on the floor woke both my wife and I up- the 2- nothing.The alarm is not adequate AND I'm right there with @lhdamiani 's post. I can only imagine that they are either sacrificing the low vibration for battery life and the only way to adjust the level of vibration is to set it in the BIOS of the unit or that the vibration unit is inadequate. I'd rather have the higher vibration level than battery life if that's the issue. If not- what is the reasoning and what is Fitbit doing about this?

Dbailey
First Steps
I threw away my FitBits. They don't last any longer than 6 months and they will only supply replacements for 12 months. If you want to rent a device, Fitbit is the way to go. If want to own, Fitbit won't last.

Also, the vibrating alarm never woke me. It was too short. Fitbit has done nothing to fix this (and other minor issues). They don't care and just want to sell crappy equipment at inflated prices that you have to rebuy every 12 months.
hkjarral
First Steps

I really need that snooze option. Its would be best to have an option to set snooze time of choice.

cth42738
Jogger

I think it would be useful to have an option to change vibration patterns for the silent alarm through the Fitbit app.  Similar to the screen that allows you to toggle between screen displays, this option would allow users to choose the right vibration pattern to alert them when their alarm goes off.  I have found that the Charge 2 vibration pattern is not as effective for me as the Alta HR vibration pattern, and it would be nice to be able to customize that feature! 

Marinaman1999
First Steps

Vibration variation/ choice within the fit bit app especially on the charge 2, I use my Fitbits notifications function to look at who is texting me mostly but I found that while in conversation it's very rude to look at your watch, A few different vibration patterns and lengths could really help solve this problem! I'm a firm believer of the Fitbit being the all around best watch out there for connectivity to the phone for the money, really taking some of the awesome ideas from here on this website into account when making updates will only help solidify my belief! Thank you

HyperNinjaZX
Base Runner

I would really like this with the Blaze, because currently all the push notifications have the same vibration.

Cincinnati45244
First Steps

Stronger vibration for silent alarm would be nice.  Had the charge HR, and the vibration would wake me up... the charge2 vibration is weak and barely felt with a text message, and does not work in waking me up with the alarm.

Smith0854
First Steps

I have the fitbit Charge 2, the vibration is so weak I barely feel it.  It would be great if there was a way to turn it up.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.