DDP Yoga App Compatibility

I am an avid and practicing fan of DDP Yoga, which has released its own interactive app to track progress. I think FitBit's technology would make a great pair if it were compatible with DDP Yoga. Any chance this can happen?

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

160 Comments
Floss22
First Steps

Ditto to all the above. I just got a new Fitbit Charge 2 and was excited to finally be able to use the heart rate monitor with DDP thinking that fit it's being so popular they would of course be compatible. But alas, they are not and I cannot believe users have been requesting this for 2 years and nothing has happened. Please get on with fixing this!!

JayMacKay
First Steps

It’s a little sad that the most popular heart monitor isn’t supported on one of the fastest growing work out programs. It’s been two years, please add support. 

Cambone
First Steps

It's been two years since this thread began, and still they don't pair. The DDP Yoga app detects my Charge HR but only after I cause the fitbit screen to light up. The app thinks they pair, but never receives the pulse. Is this really a difficult fix? 

MiniGingerNinja
First Steps

Is there any update on getting the Fitbit compatible with DDP? I am almost done with not being able to track my progress... plus I have finally gotten my husband into exercise and he wants a monitor now too... would love to get him a FitBit but without DDP compatibility it seems pointless. 

krorter
Jogger

Can someone from Fitbit please comment and let us know if this is ever going to happen?  If it's not, fine, let us know that. If it's in the works and will be available soon, great!  At this point, it feels like we are being ignored.

JustCarin
First Steps

Yes please!

Dbrskh
First Steps

Please make this happen!!!! Please!!!!

amycourvillelmt
First Steps

PLEASE make fitbit compatible with DDP yoga!! Add me to the list of disappointed fitbit owners who cannot sync our device to the app/website.

darlnleah
Recovery Runner

Please reach out to the team at DDP Yoga and let’s  get this synced up. Two wonderful companies such as You should make this happen for us. 

Xophe
First Steps

The ONLY reason I got my Fitbit was for DDPyoga. I am offended by this ignorance.

MerelyMe
Jogger

I just started DDP and I'm VERY disappointed the Fitbit isn't compatible.  I sincerely hope this changes. 

Brassbone
First Steps

Agreed with above.  Please integrate so that the FitBit Charge 2 and other FitBit trackers work with the DDP Yoga app. 

Thanks. 

Sonyawitch
First Steps

Its been 2 years. Other fitness items have made the move to adapt to DDP yoga. Why hasn't Fitbit? We have a huge community and although I enjoy my Fitbit blaze. I would put it down for one that actually works with DDP yoga. Why wait this long? We have shown there is a WANT for it. Make it happen please!!!

CMA818
Jogger

Here's what DDP Yoga has to say.....

Sheri Russell (DDP Yoga)

Feb 28, 6:24 AM EST

Thank you for your message!

Unfortunately, Fitbits and Apple watches are not compatible with DDP YOGA NOW. This is because the respective companies lock down their products for use with their dedicated applications. This means real-time heart rate monitoring cannot be displayed in our app. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

It is extremely expensive to partner with them, and right now we are putting all monies into our app development for better functionality.

Here is a list of the monitors we know will work with DDPY.

• Wahoo Tickr X 
    Wahoo Tickr 
    Polar H7 
    Mio Fuse 
    Rhythm + 
    Mio Alpha

Additionally, all HRMs referencing BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) are compatible. If you are sourcing one outside of the list above, please look for the BLE indicator.

Thank you!
Sheri

addicted2taz
First Steps

Agreed!! Please add this compatibility with third party App DDP !!  If it was added I would upgrade the fitbit I have as I love my fitbit.. I want one with a heart monitor, but for now I will hold off as it wont work for what I want it to do 😞

StealingCake
First Steps

Even if the HRM on the Fitbit can’t be used during DDPY workouts it would be great if the other workouts I do using my Fitbit (eg running) could be uploaded to the  DDPY app as a ‘custom workout’ in the same way they can be uploaded to Strava (for example).

lilmissunshine1
First Steps

Come on guys please add ddp yoga, my ddp yoga app is currently calling for emergency services, as my hr is zero.  I have done as much as I can to help, tweed DDP himself, his Yoga page along with fitbit, let get this done. Much appreciated.

lilmissunshine1
First Steps

@Mjboskowrote:

I am an avid and practicing fan of DDP Yoga, which has released its own interactive app to track progress. I think FitBit's technology would make a great pair if it were compatible with DDP Yoga. Any chance this can happen?

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Just noticed the comment about the expense for DDP to make this compatible, surely there a way fitbit (muti national company) can come to some sort of agreement with great DDP to cover the cost, may be advertising or the like? If not I will have to consider returning my fitbit and promoting another product entirely, that does.  Such a shame. 

SCTTSH
First Steps

You took too long FitBit. Dumping you due to your total lack of consideration for people trying to have an integrated solution to their health needs.

Selling an Alta HR if anyone wants it, but I warn you, it is not compatible with DDP Yoga so this may put you off. 

lilmissunshine1
First Steps

What are you using instead? Interested in a compatible item. Many thanks ps Don't know any one who would want one, I will prob return mine if I'm still within my cooling off period.

CMA818
Jogger

I was using a Mio Fuse with the DDP Yoga ap, but since the ap isn't compatible with FitBit, I actually discontinued my use of the ap because I use FitBit with everything else.  I am trying logging yoga workouts with the Fitbit Ionic even though it may or may not be close to a regular yoga workout.  

Either way, I can't believe the connectivity hasn't been established yet.  I would think DDP would want that.

PaxxissimoMe
First Steps

Ok just bought Fitbit Charge 2 but I can’t use it for the main reason I bough it for - DDP yoga. I am about to return the smartband just now. Baaad stuff guys! 

CMA818
Jogger

After two years, probably not gonna happen.

Katiecroc
First Steps

Would love it if my Fitbit synched with DDP yoga, I don’t want to end up using some thing else when my Fitbit breaks just because of it not syncing with ddp. Thanks 

SilentMateo
First Steps

Was sad to see that my newly purchased Fitbit is not compatible with the DDP yoga app. Now seeing that fit bit users have been postin here for nearly 2 years now with no response except “keep asking”. I will be returning my Fitbit. I’m hopeful for those who keep their Fitbit. Please make your amazing health tool useful for this community of people.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.