Dutch setting and Food log (belgium/netherlands)

Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
Thx!

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
MariustHvdB
First Steps

My Fitnesspal does it quite alright.

And Fitbit imports MFP calories. For the time being this works fine.

Cheers,

Marius

Jeffste
First Steps

The Dutch Fitbit food database is currently on under review... Smiley Surprised Not sure why this takes so long...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1! Dutch food database would be great!!!

LexieK
First Steps

Hi fitbit!! +1 for a NL food database! Please helps us out 😊

The German database really doesn't help us... 

Maaikeps
First Steps

Another vote for the dutchies! 

Ellfit
First Steps

Please!!  

Niels0005
First Steps

I really love the Fitbit app and it helps me a lot to get insights into my health. The only negative experience is the lack of a Dutch food database. Since I started counting my calories and other nutritions I hate the struggle of adding everything myself. It would be a great user experience if I could scan barcodes right away. Seriously I would be so happy and other Dutch people too. Even people from Belgium would benefit from it!

dennichio
Recovery Runner

+1 BE database

Sjoerdvanw
First Steps

How many + can you do? We need a Dutch food database. Or implement a system where users can upload a database. 

cece23
Recovery Runner

Creating a dutch food database (or any other country's database) could be easy if it was user created. So each food item should include a barcode and at least a name. Then other users could update the details over time. To ensure the accuracy each entry could be upvoted or downvoted by users (or something along these lines). In the two years FitBit have been sitting on the idea of a dutch database, it could have already been created.

I definitely would love to see a dutch database implemented. I have so many food related issues I really have to start monitoring what I eat, I just dont want to install yet another health app to do so.

BartP
First Steps

I think there is no need at Fitbit to support food databases to their customers at all. BAD BAD BAD

cece23
Recovery Runner

@BartP  Why is it so bad for Fitbit to support food databases? Its a health app and food is rather crucial to one's health don't you think? 

BartP
First Steps

@cece23 They need to do that... but we are already waiting for years.... no support from Fitbit

@KevinTheNewbie wrote:
Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
Thx!

Moderator Edit: Format

cece23
Recovery Runner

@BartP Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood 🙂

Jeffste
First Steps

A year ago they told me the Dutch food database is under review. A 1 star review in the app store might work?

Dameblue
First Steps

Yes, please add a Dutch food database! In another post the moderator suggested to use the german one, but that's no option! Is like saying to an American to use a mexican food database. They are rather different!

cece23
Recovery Runner

I recently started using MyFitnessPal to log foods (NL) and was amazed at how the most obscure foods were already in their database, at least from where I shop (AH). It js just majorly inconvenient to be manually copying over the total calories into FitBit every mealtime.  Can't FitBit just buy a copy of their database and import it?

BartP
First Steps

Fitbit is not helping there customers with food databases. to bad!

Klasinus
Stepping Up

Dutch food database please!

Doesn't Fitbit realize how many Dutch and Belgian users they have? To implement a Dutch food database must be the easiest customer relationship strategy imaginable. Unfortunately after nearly 3 years it still hasn't happened. I am sorry to say that Fitbit will not be my next choice of brand.

cece23
Recovery Runner

@Klasinus I guess it’s just not profitable enough for them, and if they lose one or two customers because of it then its not a big deal to them.  I know if I ran a company I would probably put people before profits with the idea that the happier the customer the more customers I would eventually get. I guess Fitbit have a different work ethic.

Jeffste
First Steps
Don’t forget to vote on the top left corner.
TaraSevenich
First Steps

Yes please! A Dutch food database will

help log my diet and keep track of my macronutrients. Filling everything in by hand now, but this will only give me information on kcal, not on macronutrients. 

The Dutch fitbit community is growing, so a lot of people would profit from an update in your food database!

TaraSevenich
First Steps

When can we expect a Dutch food database? The fitbit community in the Netherlands and Belgium is growing quickly but we have to fill in our own products if we want to use the food-log function in your app. By this we can only count kcal but we can't track our macronutrients, which is very important for people with fitness or diet goals. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Using the German food database as alternative, most foods are available when searching for the brand name, other things like potatoes.. needing to find the duetsch word also for.. so that's tricky. Cat Embarassed

Being able to search in own language will make things alot better (faster logging), able to scan barcodes.. Cat Happy

@TaraSevenich wrote:

When can we expect a Dutch food database? The fitbit community in the Netherlands and Belgium is growing quickly but we have to fill in our own products if we want to use the food-log function in your app. By this we can only count kcal but we can't track our macronutrients, which is very important for people with fitness or diet goals. 

Would love to see a Dutch log as well! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.