Dutch setting and Food log (belgium/netherlands)

Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
Thx!

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
T13
Jogger

Yes please! 

mmaakh
Recovery Runner

I am not in NL but I have the same problem and I wish fitbit to solve it. I can't believe that we even need to request such a common-sense feature. Unbelievable ..

If fitbit adds "nearby food database" feature, all regional problems will be solved.

Fitbit can identify our locations by IP addresses and in some cases by GPS.

MdeJ
First Steps

Another vote (making it 140) for a Dutch Food Database.

Thanks.

Amvinke
Jogger

I have been using the fitbit for 6 years now and there is still no Dutch food database and since the fitbit is popular, I think the Netherlands will be brave

HairyFred
Jogger

You won't get it I'm afraid. Fitbit have closed down the main thread for food database request for the rest of the world (650+ voted).  Only the USA will get it.  If you want food logging then you'll have to look elsewhere as fitbit don't care.

HairyFred
Jogger

There's many threads asking for food databases outside of the USA but fitbit have said no. They've even locked the main request thread. If you want food logging outside America then you'll have to look elsewhere as fitbit don't care about you.

Gerrit1
First Steps

Hello Fitbit,

I would really like to support the previous comments requesting a Dutch food database. In fact, I find it very disappointing that Fitbit still does not have a Dutch database. At first I thought that Fitbit is focusing on big countries such as the US, China, India, Germany, France, England and Spain, but I noticed that Ireland is also on the list of countries from which the food database is available. So, I am puzzled why it is such a problem to install the Dutch food database, technically it is a piece of cake. I started using Fitbit because it uses a wristband instead of a breast band, but nowadays there are other options. The only reason why I haven't done away with Fitbit is because I don't want to disappoint my children who gave me the Charge 2 wristband as a birthday present, but I am getting fed up with the time it takes to introduce the Dutch food database and the longer this takes the better I can explain to my kids why I got rid of Fitbit. At first I was simply disappointed because there wasn't a Dutch food database, but now I am increasingly frustrated by the time it takes to introduce one while I keep reading comments from Fitbit and moderators that Fitibit is working on it. Fitbit, please install the Dutch food database: I like the app and the wristband a lot and I really do not want to stop using it, but I'd like to combine my exercises with my food intake and at the moment that is not possible in the Fitbit app.

Lappie
First Steps

As a leading fitness platform, you must include a Dutch food database! That would show worldwide leadership, many more users would keep using your product line!! (Especially users

@Amvinke wrote:

I have been using the fitbit for 6 years now and there is still no Dutch food database and since the fitbit is popular, I think the Netherlands will be brave

that use weighing scale and tracker)

SylVit
First Steps

A girl can try, give us a Dutch food database, pretty please ❤️

ChibiChiii
Jogger

+1 I'd also really love to be able to use the fitbits own app to log my food. But without a current dutch food database that is pretty much impossible. I'm using mycallorieteller from myfitnesspall instead which does give the option to sync but it would be better if I didn't have to use two seperate apps for it.

David_divaD
First Steps

I would appreciate it very much if the Dutch food database (from the Netherlands) is added.

Recently I discovered the Food app that does a great job in scanning all Dutch products immediately.

Since then I discard the Fitbit app for that matter which is not what I originally wanted.

But the work to find similar products in the UK food database is a burden so it dissatisfies me that

Fitbit does not have the Dutch food database connected, eventhough it exists and is available in the market.

I recommended a number of friends Fitbit and to buy Charge 2. I actually gave away two of them to family members.

I consider buying them for the employees of my company, but not until this is fixed.

Although the Dutch market may seem small, I Hope you can make the effort.

Best regards, David

Remcoploeg
Jogger

Same here. Already a user for some years, but still no database! I use myfitnesspall (that have a dutch database) to add my calories now.

David_divaD
First Steps

+1 I truly wish to work with one app instead of more

heynowdesign
First Steps

Happy new year all of you! May your health be tracked well 😉 So, a new year, new changes! Would really like to see the Dutch food database be implemented into FitBit!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KevinTheNewbie and everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Rolph
Jogger

Hello,

As the title suggests i'm in the Netherlands and I make an effort to track what I eat. It is however a bit tricky considering that there's only a limited number of food database. I have seen plenty of fitbit users in this country so I think this feature would be highly appreciated. For the moment i'm using Germany's but it's not optimal. 

Thank you in advance. 

Rolph 

x.Sophie
First Steps

Hi, it's been asked before, but when can we expect the Dutch food logs? It's been some time and I can't log my food now. Also it would come in very handy if we can see/are able to log our daily vitamins and minerals to keep on track ! Thank you so much for advance. 

Rai1969
Jogger

Dutch setting and Food log (belgium/netherlands)
Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rai1969. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having DUTCH setting and food database for Belgium and Netherlands with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQsYou might also be interested in this other suggestion. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.