Exercise Mode: Custom Vibrations

Sometimes when I go for a run I like to see when I'm halfway done so I can turn around, but I have to keep looking at my watch to see when it reaches my intended halfway mark. For example, let's say I want to go on a 30 minute run, 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. I don't think it'd be very efficient to have to keep looking at your time. I think a feature should be added that allows you to set custom vibrations after a certain amount of minutes. Let's just say I want the watch to vibrate after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 12 minutes, and 16 minutes. I think you should be able to set small "alarms" for you once the stopwatch reaches that amount of time. I really hope you put this into consideration! Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

6 Comments
Makara
Powerwalker

Run Cues might be the feature you're looking for and it is available on the Surge and Blaze. 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-track-my-splits-during-a-run

dcurtis11
First Steps

I agree with this - and I would also love if the display could change when I am tracking exercise. For example, like what anoble18 says, if I am going on a 5 mile run, I need to turn around at 2.5. I would love if we could set the display to show distance or time of the exercise when we look at the face - not just the time of day. That way, I wouldn't have to pull out my phone when I get to 2.5 miles. The run cues can tell you either distance or time, but not both - since not all of my miles are the same, I need a cue at a distance, but I do like hearing the time each mile.

T00NCES
Recovery Runner
Currently the run cues are only integer miles or minutes. There should be way more customization here. Specific buzz patterns for pace goals would be fun... It's too generic now.
dordale
Recovery Runner

The alta has a silent alarm feature--would be very useful to set this as a timer as suggested here--to go off after a certain number of minutes rather than a set time.  I would also like the option to set a "reminder" to go off after a certain number of steps--so if I want to get an additional 2000 steps, I could set the reminder to let me know when I hit 1000 steps--so that would know that I can turn around and go back and meet my goal.

byronsnake
Recovery Runner

I'd like to see the vibration when I start and activity to be different from when I end an activity.  I sometimes forget to press the button on my Charge HR to start an activity when I'm outside.  If I'm in bright sunlight, I can't see the display, and there's no way to tell if I've started the activity on my Fitbit.  If the vibrations are different, I can always tell whether I've started activity logging or not.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Keen to hear what others think?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.